SC2: Enhancements On the Way

Have you read about the new expansion package list? It looks like our prayers will be answered sooner than we'd hoped. Many were looking for SC3 and it seems as if there shall be a Major Improvement to the Game and a huge increase in detail. Many of the requests we've been making folks and improvements we've been debating were noticed!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you read about the new expansion package list? It looks like our prayers will be answered sooner than we'd hoped. Many were looking for SC3 and it seems as if there shall be a Major Improvement to the Game and a huge increase in detail. Many of the requests we've been making folks and improvements we've been debating were noticed!

Retributar, I think SC2: The Pacific Conflict would be a possibility, however we'd have to be careful! British, Soviet and US presence would be vs the pitiful Japanese Empire tongue.gif

The European conflict will get a great overhaul with this patch. Lots of evasive and creative ideas outlined. Right now there are a few roadblocks and I cannot wait to see the open doors to new strategies and tactics.. Even though I've not mastered SC2 yet, this will leave room open to learn much vaster release.

Retributar, I think SC2: The Pacific Conflict would be a possibility, however we'd have to be careful! British, Soviet and US presence would be vs the pitiful Japanese Empire tongue.gif

The European conflict will get a great overhaul with this patch. Lots of evasive and creative ideas outlined. Right now there are a few roadblocks and I cannot wait to see the open doors to new strategies and tactics.. Even though I've not mastered SC2 yet, this will leave room open to learn much vaster release.

In the Pacific don't forget the Chinese!

The war in China tied down most of Japan's Army.

Imagine what Japan could have done if they had not tried to conquer all of China, but just kept the north eastern industrial part, and as Jersey John has suggested in the past, focused on conquering SE Asia and Australia.

From my point of view the two theaters are linked. Forces sent to Europe are not available to fight in the Pacific.

In the Pacific don't forget the Chinese!

The war in China tied down most of Japan's Army.

Imagine what Japan could have done if they had not tried to conquer all of China, but just kept the north eastern industrial part, and as Jersey John has suggested in the past, focused on conquering SE Asia and Australia.

From my point of view the two theaters are linked. Forces sent to Europe are not available to fight in the Pacific.

The problem with every Pacific game I've ever seen is the scale.

Only way to do it with something like SC2 would be to have popup maps for the battles.

Which, now that I think about it, hasn't worked too well in every Pacific game I've ever seen. :D

But maybe Hubert could pull it off. ;)

The problem with every Pacific game I've ever seen is the scale.

Only way to do it with something like SC2 would be to have popup maps for the battles.

Which, now that I think about it, hasn't worked too well in every Pacific game I've ever seen. :D

But maybe Hubert could pull it off. ;)

Originally posted by Moonslayer:

If luck is such a factor then how can you know the outcome of a game over such a short number of turns?

The only way to be certain is if luck plays no major part, surely?

Luck played a role in history. Many of the major Conquests by Hitler were not predictable. France should've never fallen. Noone expected them to. The fact is the French were as in SC2 ill prepared.

Also once the Germans faced an equal foe, the British, in the air or at sea, the war went downhill for them. They nolonger had the iniative and the their stockpiles didn't help any vs the British who could pick and choose where they would fight in the Battle of Britian and at sea, the Germans had nowhere near the size navy as the Brits...

In the East, it was also predictable due to Stalin's great purges and poor deployments. It was a sad state to see the Soviet Armies crushed that way. The Russians were not as well trained and where was good leadership, they also needed experience! Kind of hard in a nation when they appoint Marshall Communist on Merit, rather than Marshall General!

Once the Axis faced True opposition, in 1942, they were crushed like bugs. They never again had any chance to win. What SC2 simulates is the same HUGE gamble by Germany to Grab a bunch of Territory and quick and at the same time to crush their enemies armies and collapse their Governments and that is what this game is about. Once the USA/UK and USSR mobilize and are still tactically in place they can crush the Axis!!! Axis are even a little overpowered. As far as Luck is concerned:

Dunkirk was luck, how the hell did the British evacuate all that?

The First Winter in Russia was very bad! That was luck!

The Fall of France!

The Luck that Rommel had because the British were stupid and overextending themselves all over the Mediterreanan instead of focusing on Egypt and Libya first!

Hitler made Decisions based on Astrologists, psychics, etc... he firmly believed in Luck. Even when the American's invaded Vichy Algeria and Morocco, noone knew how they'd perform, they untried and untested.. Torch was a big gamble along with Normandy D-Day, something like that scale had never been attempted...

So you can say that Gambles were made all over the map and there were failures, successes and inbetweens... The Germans had their series of Successes and blunders as did the Allies and in the end the Allies could concede 10 Xs more before they lost so Chance was not as big a factor. I do admit in SC 2 terms, the Map and the territories do not allow for a full simulation of the longterm logistics of what the Germans would face!!! Even had they taken Moscow in 1941, that wouldn't had been the end! It may have only invigorated the West to mobilize faster!

Whose to say what Luck plays... I think in a Strategic Sense given that combat does not involve much luck. Some of the factors, I.E. Malta effect really shouldn't be based on Dice. Rather on Deployment of Royal Navy and RAF. Also if you invest in Infantry weapons as a Major Industrial Power, there is no Rocket Science to it, you'll get it... There really shouldn't be luck there but the chances are in game you'll usually get what you invest in.. Usually.. I think 80% of the time I usually hit what I am aiming for if I put enough cashflow on it...