Weapons and Warfare Expansion Released!!!

October 24th, 2007

Weapons and Warfare Expansion released

At midnight tonight (E.S.T.) the Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Expansion was officially released and made available for download.

Those that have Pre-Ordered either the Weapons and Warfare Expansion or the Strategic Command 2 Bundle got an early start as the downloads for those orders have were activated earlier in the day.

We plan to begin shipping out the CD's for the Weapons and Warfare Expansion and the Bundle Pack within the next two weeks.

Order the Weapons and Warfare Expansion

Order the Strategic Command 2 Bundle Pack

Madmatt

Downloading, wonder if I had used a download acelerator would have it gone faster. Can't achieve a speed over 11 KB/s when my band width is over 300 KB/s, guess this means a lot of people have purchased the game and are downloading at the same time.

Well one more hour at this snail speed and I will have it installed.

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Jim's going to give us a direct comparison of WaW vs CEaW, sighting the best of both engines.

Might be kind of neat if Hubert and Johan collaborated on the Global Wargame.

You mean Targul, hope he has some mercy with CEaW, he has beaten it without mercy in the Matrix forums, not without some reason in some aspects, I will be looking forward to read what he says.

• 2 weeks later...

After playing now 3 games TCP/IP I have to say I like SC2 WAW much more than SC2 vanilla. The new units are fun and integrate themselves very well into the gameplay.

The new railway street system gives a much better feeling regarding vast spaces for example in the desert...(no longer sending quickly a few units to wipe up the middle east.

You get well the feeling of fighting a big war.

You have a lot of options.

Even losing on one front you can win on another ...

I LOVE the new weather system putting restrictions on planes etc.

I love the new dive system of the subs and the upgrading of intelligence research (gives the game a lot of flavour)

Personally its harder for me to strike a balance between the different weapon categories and building units etc. (Only problem I have here is the already set 675 MPs in research for Rusia : good universities?)

There are a few sour point carried over from SC2 vanilla:

One is the switching of London capital with the suddenly perfekt supply in the Med. (game balance fine = "realistic" feeling ughhh) and the already set early arrival of the siberian transfer (again game balance quite nice but my feeling says: ughhh as well as the units come allready set to highest tech level available)

Overall SC2 is the BEST WW2 strategy game I have played till now. ITs lot of fun and I really get the SC1 addiction again. Thank you very much

[ November 09, 2007, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Sombra ]