Iron Ranger VS Liam

May 31st 1942:

Serious Counterstrikes for the first time from the Red Army now show their Might against inferior German technology on Land and inferior German Tactics. The Leningrad pocket is opened up for the first time. 2 German units killed, 1 more surrounded . In the Western Massive Luftwaffe spotted by the RAF, US readiness above 50% but not rising steadily enough..

Looks like Reds will finish this match for the Allies

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The German Air force shifts to France and dual's with the Brits over thier skys again. German Bombers work over the UKs ports with exellent support from the ME109'Es.

On the Eastern front not all is as good, mud, mud and more mud seams to be all we see. Our troops have shifted back to the pre war border in the north but pushed out to the Dineiper river in the south.

All's quiet in the Med.

[ July 09, 2006, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

July 42

Things are not looking for Germany and the Axis. Hitler is burning files and everyone else is getting drunk alot.

East: We are now hiding behind the rivers and MTs on the border.. watching a sea of red army units move forward. One lone crops was sent to Finland as aid... I hope they make it out alive.

Med: Tunis is 'asked' to join the us and agrees. A few desenters are killed in the Capital but the rest of the population agree's that Italy is a good Big Brother.

West: Naval battles around Denmark see's alot of the Kriegsmarine go down.. where are the Itialian ships? Denmark notes this agression by the UK and Joins the Axis.. with some help. UK is starving however... its ports are in ruins and no convoys can reach the Island now.... perhaps they will see the light as well and join Germany.

July 1942:

After much deliberation, it is decided by the Franklin Delano Rosevelt, to step his country up toward War Preparedness, the Russians have the Germans Routed in the East however in the West England is down it's last tea leaves.. The Germans are planning a Sea Lion most definitely or at least attempting to destroy the puny Island and it's worthless defenses. The Luftwaffe is Massive, and includes a strong Bomber Command.

Meanwhile in the Baltic the Battle of Jutland was relived and it was much like the first except the Brits Won the Day entirely, sinking 2 U-boats and nearly decimating the rest of the Kriegsmarine.

This will not save the British, Winston Churchill is in his Bunker in London awaiting the news.

READ IT HERE>>> READ IT HERE LONDON FALLS!

Late Summer 42

East:

We hold the line but the Russian armor is just too strong (tech 3 from day one)... its only a matter of time. We hope our new anti tank guns will slow them down but there is no hope now. Finland hold on, there are a hard people and thrown back the Russian attack.

Med:

Itialan ships break the Rock and race north to the Bay of Biscay.. too late but perhaps they can hold back the US fleet

West:

Yes you heard it right. Two corps and the Para unit with alot of air support destroy the UK bomber in London and heavly damage the ship in port. Perhaps Franco likes this and will throw in with the Axis power's after all.

Yes, it's true, for the first time since Hastings the British have been dealt a death blow, and from the Huns with Wings and River Rafts?? This just won't do!

The Americans have entered the frey and assemble to free their ole Mother from the grips of this tyrannical Grey Beast!

The Reds assist but even the Almighty Bear cannot quite break the back of the Germans, it's slow plowing in those Eastern Rivers and Marshes, through and through we go! Praying that the Germans do not with their Italian Allies now take the the complete upperhand and pray upon all the Nuetrals that England has held in her Mighty Fist so very long!

Will the Italian Navy squash the remains of the Royal navy with it's GLR2? Will the Americans save the day, will the Germans Parade through Manchester as well as London, stay tuned folks to your Radios, this is not over by a longshot!

Skippy on this Game thus far:

Seems that I have a little more experience with the game engine, though both of us have made rookie mistakes, superior Russian Tech is paying off slowly. However I didn't prepare for an eventual Sea Lion seeing the size of the German Airforce and the fact is wasn't deployed against the Reds has given away much. I am uncertian who'll win, but it's unlikely that Iron will take England easily!

Reds meanwhile are becoming unstoppable they just need time to consolidate, which hopefully the West can buy them. This is a close game, with two rookies to the new patches and this is only my 7th or 8th game, and first with 1.2... 2nd as Allied, and first Allied to go past 1940

Augest 42

East: The Germany army continues to hold the line, in fact we counter attacked in the south and cut off a Red army near the MTs of Romaina. Finland holds on once again. In fact its kind of quiet up there.

Med: Our garison troops near Iraq report alot of sand clouds coming thier way. Looks like the UK troops in Iran have moved out and are scouting our border.

West: A lone armor group lands in UK and clears the last of the ships in Londons harbor. After taking the docks and fixing the morings the rest of Army Group West sails in and sets up in southern UK and Wales.

Well its a race, time - space and the weather. Per our House Rules (no DOW axis on Turkey, and Inactive Major's needed to keep all ships near thier ports) I have 3(?) turns before USA troops could transport into the island. Its been 1.5 turns.. also the weather could turn ugly soon... its going to be VERY close in the West. In the East the Red Army is strong, just not big so I cant win but he can overwhell me in one turn. The Med is quiet but I'm not sure what will happen over the next few turns.

Tech as been both good and bad. USSR has HT3 and IW 3 from day one. I have M2 IW 2 and other techs though you can see I'm outmatched. I did look at the tech screen and was disapinted to see 3 chits that I put in early 40 still sitting there.... made me sad and mad!

Originally posted by Sombra:

Due to the tech limits the rusians many times have now more advanced tech than the Rusians. Would be if Hubert would take away the current maximum research

Did i miss something? Russians have to combat Russians? A new partisan feature in the latest Patch? :D

Originally posted by Sombra:

Due to the tech limits the rusians many times have now more advanced tech than the Rusians. Would be if Hubert would take away the current maximum research

Research limits should have been equal IMHO. 750 for USSR as well.

I've done so in my mod and the progression for both sides is fair, sometimes one side gets lucky but most games it is progressive.

To be honest at the moment considering the sorry state of the British Homeland Defense I cannot argue Russian Technology.. Taking England is almost not a challenge unless the USA enters.

Egypt gets 5 corps ? and HQ for it's defense England gets conquored

The Reds researched wisely, limits or no limits.. I spent my money where I knew it counted. The Greys, spent it on a bunch of Longe Range Aircraft, Mechanized units, Italian GLR, Advanced Aircraft and more likely.. Paras, Bombers, etc... look nice on Paper but they do not win land wars, oddly enough if I had not been tired that night I'd of sent back 3 units and an HQ to the UK to hold out till later.(both me and Iron screwed up lots, first time in patch 1.2) IT and Production I'm guessing. He has power but I spent most of mine on Land warfare considering the situation required it. The only way to balance this is out is to Declare War on Russia earlier, before she starts to get past her IT and Production techs and moves onto IW and Heavy Tank...

It's not like that will bring the USA in any earlier and also the UK can do nothing after the fall Egypt and France aside wait and interfere diplomatically with the Germans. It was nearly 1942 when Iron invaded Russia, that is why he faced Hell on Wheels, I have given him this game, if I lose England because of a lack of understanding just how easy Sea Lion is

[ July 12, 2006, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: Liam ]

IMO in patch 1.02 it is reckless for the Allied player to get too adventurous too early and not expect to get Sea Lion'ed. The Brits need to fully protect one or the other, England or Egypt. If you spread yourself too thin you can lose both, and possibly the war.

I am fully in Terif's court on a house rule of no Sea Lion until Russia is in, and no Southern Turkish invasion period. Rambo and I just started a 1.02 PBEM game, and both those rules are in effect. But at the same time IMO even in 1.03 if the Brits get too adventurous a Sea Lion should be a valid response by the Axis, because the game can become unbalanced in favor the Allies otherwise.

Bob

Bob

Bob

Originally posted by Jollyguy:

IMO in patch 1.02 it is reckless for the Allied player to get too adventurous too early and not expect to get Sea Lion'ed. The Brits need to fully protect one or the other, England or Egypt. If you spread yourself too thin you can lose both, and possibly the war.

I am fully in Terif's court on a house rule of no Sea Lion until Russia is in, and no Southern Turkish invasion period. Rambo and I just started a 1.02 PBEM game, and both those rules are in effect. But at the same time IMO even in 1.03 if the Brits get too adventurous a Sea Lion should be a valid response by the Axis, because the game can become unbalanced in favor the Allies otherwise.

Bob

Bob

Bob

apparently Bob Xs you're right, I took you in our game but it was close, without Turkey.. That was 1.0 and the rules were a lot different.. In the end England and the USA were a non-factor. Technology was too slow in their departments to come up to my strength. My level 5 Tanks plowed them like little Girls

I went on an adventure here into Iraq and Iran.. and I didn't realize that I'd lose all my expeditionary forces so quickly as I was going to use them to re-invade Egypt.. But that wasn't much of an adventure, if you see a Luftwaffe and a couple Paras beware in this game, especially coupled with Bombers... That spells the end effectively for England.

Not allowing a Sealion gives the Brits a free hand to do whatever they wish, and thats a huge mistake. Thier already are few options left to the axis due to the many scripts IG now, making a non historical house rule would push this even more into the realm of liners combat where a few die rolls is all that matter. If UK desides to adventure somewhere and not protect the home islands they are going to pay the price if the axis player is fast enough (I was not... I never beat the RN, just damaged them)

USA not entering in this game. I DOW almost no minors before USA entered, there was a cost to this but I felt it was worth it to keep them out (see Teirfs post). I put chits in USA and got HITS. Yes this is why their readness is was so low. UK blocked me almost compleately in Norway (still UK's at 3%) and Sweden (Not one hit even though I had a huge number of chits in it - 20% now but was down to 0 at one point). UK also had the use of Iraq for most of the game. It was just useless as his port was at 0 for a long time.

Yea this game has been filled with mistake, and thats what makes it fun.

Absolutely, this has been a learning experience, I didn't even know that Liverpool being smacked would cut my supply, sorta a waste as there is still Scapa Flow and other Ports of arrival for British Supplies and would've been historically. I went on an adventure when I could've evacuated the entire Egyptian UK Force back home.. Should've thought it out, also you cannot relocate those forces to Russia after you conquor Iran, I didn't know this either...

I put in quite a few chits in Sweden to try and recapture them, in this game we've spent a load on Diplo I know. at least 10-15 chits on your end, at least 8 or 9 chits on my end... I didn't push the USA as UK, perhaps that would've been a wiser investment. Scandanavia cost you, but you got lucky getting her back in and you got all the Balkans.

Regardless the USSR had all the time in the world to prepare for War, unlike SC1 though I do not know if she can deliver the deathblow considering the Wermacht is pretty much still in tact and you have many Minors to conquor. We're far from over and I think it's about 60-40 Axis favored.. You will however lose a lot trying to take England if you manage it at all

Originally posted by Iron Ranger:

Not allowing a Sealion gives the Brits a free hand to do whatever they wish, and thats a huge mistake. Thier already are few options left to the axis due to the many scripts IG now, making a non historical house rule would push this even more into the realm of liners combat where a few die rolls is all that matter. If UK desides to adventure somewhere and not protect the home islands they are going to pay the price if the axis player is fast enough (I was not... I never beat the RN, just damaged them)

USA not entering in this game. I DOW almost no minors before USA entered, there was a cost to this but I felt it was worth it to keep them out (see Teirfs post). I put chits in USA and got HITS. Yes this is why their readness is was so low. UK blocked me almost compleately in Norway (still UK's at 3%) and Sweden (Not one hit even though I had a huge number of chits in it - 20% now but was down to 0 at one point). UK also had the use of Iraq for most of the game. It was just useless as his port was at 0 for a long time.

Yea this game has been filled with mistake, and thats what makes it fun.

No Sealion until barby should be coupled with no lame-gamey forcing Italy into the war before Paris falls, by the allies. It is just to easy to remove med garrisons, swarm the med with french and uk naval units, capture north africa, before axis is able to respond in any way.

Else, you wanna get africa for free? okay, but you'll sure as hell lose the isle. It's just a gamey payback for a previous gamey move.

HR, agreed. Even though the best penalty is make the Allies fail.. I have had it not succeed vs me, and punished the Allies relentlessly.. Sent in 3 or 4 Luftflottes, killed of 3 or 4 service ships and then took N.Africa anyways. Even if I lose the Italian Navy, I usually would anyways just better they were fighting from home court advantage. With the same turn Landings and locking units in Port, that was ugly.. but still could fail, it was rarely a game winner like Sea Lion

IR, I have save, waiting for you on ICQ any time m8

Originally posted by hellraiser:

No Sealion until barby should be coupled with no lame-gamey forcing Italy into the war before Paris falls, by the allies. It is just to easy to remove med garrisons, swarm the med with french and uk naval units, capture north africa, before axis is able to respond in any way.

Else, you wanna get africa for free? okay, but you'll sure as hell lose the isle. It's just a gamey payback for a previous gamey move.

Aug 42

West: All thats left of the UK is Manchester and a few naval units.. and a beat up BEF. UK will see the light of Fasicism soon.

Med: Transjordan is retaken by UK armor

East: Almost all of Poland is in the Red Armys hands. There is nothing I can do to stop them.

Greys Win, with two vital choices, Malta and Liverpool ports... that is the game decider IMO, what I didn't know and what IR took advantage of Great Game for me second as Allied and his 4th I think finished?

Well, Next time IR

Axis held:

Med: Everything but Syria, Turkey, Spain (73%), and Algeria Neutral - Iraq and Iran and TransJordan in UK minors hands. I had an Italian Army group turned around from heading to US for Syria.. 2-3 turns and they would have been set

East: Battle line ran down the River in Poland / Romaian MTs with East Prussia in USSR hands. Sweeden and Norway Neutral. Finland still fighting on thier border.

West: All in Axis hands except North America and Iceland. Was Preping a Army group (in UK) to first take Norway (3% US) then Iceland.

Alantic: I think I had the upper hand. GR2 on Italys ships, most of the german ships were 3-6 str and sitting in port but the two fleets were combined near Brest.

Tech: USSR L4 HA and L3 IW. Germany L2 Mech L2 IW L2 LR L2 AA L2 AF L2 AT and other minor ones, couldnt get my HT or L3 IW to fire off.

Diplo: Learned alot, basicly I mucked it up but after UK fell I throw 5 chits in Spain. Should have been comming in soon?

MPPs I think it was something like 600 to 450 in favor of allies. But in the next 2=5 turns I was going to sweap several minor (norway key) at little cost.

Ending: I think we were looking at US unable to do anything for one full year (they had just entered the game) and having to fight through the Alantic before they could hope to divert Axis units from Russia. Russia was looking at the fall/winter of 42 with axis troops building in Romainia and a double line behind the Elde (?) river. USSR had powerfull units but not alot, I was getting ready to push out of the Romainaia MTs to take pressure off of the main battle in Poland. Combined that with the LF getting fully healed up and sent east the Red army was going to get bogged down. Two Bombers working over the close citys would drop his supply and no matter what his tech make it easyer for me to kill the USSR units.

The game was still even but after a failed attempt to brake my river defence and winter comming (giving me time to finish my relocation of army groups west to Romainia) Stalin desided it would be better to sign in ink then blood.

Roughy Germany had 30 ground combat units Russia had 20. Italy and Minor another 10 for Axis and 10 in Q for US. 6 HQs for Axis, 4 for USSR?