Iron Ranger VS Liam

The Allies had the Edge Economically but militarily by the time HellRaiser executed Sea Lion they were second. The Russians repelled Barbarossa by the Summer of 1942 were on the offensive as explained, he had penetrated as deeply as Leningrad and surrounded it but to no avail. It was a short live campaign. Diversion by the Germans meanwhile he practiced his air on English cities and Ports until it was obliterated. I underestimated a little of Iron's Will and I haven't ever played Allies this long, last time level3 or level4 subs killed my fleet... Now I have learned a lot and I will not make the same errors. Ranger had lost this game virtually had I just protected my own real estate and understood the mechanics I had the economic edge and he had a slight military edge that by the Summer of '42 would've been gone into 1943, pretty classic historical WW2...

The Luftwaffe which I thought was a waste of resources turned out to be deadly, because it was used very well. Blocked LiverPool, locked up Americans from ever landing on English Soil. He had some unlucky moments at Malta, bombarding it for several turns with 9 different units to no avail.....I let him have a breakthrough as I forgot to reinforce it. What he didn't realize is he didn't need Malta at all. He could've bypassed it with that much force my Egyptian Units wouldn't have given as much resistance as Malta even with 5 UK Minors.

All the German investment in LR techs, fighter techs, AA techs, all around the board was wasteful. My focus on Land warfare gave me a great edge but my neglect of British Defense gave him the Ace and that trumped my King in the USSR which would've driven a hole right through Germany had the Island had 3 fighters, 2 Brit, 1 US...2 Bombers mixed and 2-3 Russian Fighters. Effectively splitting the Germans in Half, classic twofront war... I was outproducing him even if he minorgrabbed with IT and Production technology but it didn't matter. You lose a Key Position in this game you lose the game... I learned and next game I will not make the same oversights...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hellraiser:

hellraiser? smile.gif

it's hellranger this time o_o

see what I get on half sleep for 3 months tongue.gif I cannot type nor dictate, nor remeber jack. It's a miracle I can operate a Motor Vehicle in RushHour traffic but I'm very multitasking, and off on a tangent

never catch me focusing too much on one thing less