So when's it going Digital Download huh? huh?

Title says it all smile.gif

Yeah I want the game, but, nah, I am unlikely to buckle and buy if I have to go the shipped through the mail route.

Digital download though, odds are I won't last a week resisting.

Come on Moon and management, let's not be slow on going to DD on this too. Not all of us enjoy ease of broadband, but for those of us that DO spend money to enjoy broadband, we WANT to use it smile.gif

I'm with you on that one. I was a big fan of SC and I am impressed with the Demo and will definitely buy this game.

However, I'll probably wait for digital download for a couple of reasons:

I hate paying postage.

I hate waiting for mail and I have a very fast internet connection.

I hate having to put the CD in to play the game.

I have CM:BB, CM:AK, GG:WAW, Birth of America, America's Army, WITP, Crown of Glory and TOCA3 all as digital downloads which means I can fire up any of the games without having to swap CD's. This is especially nice since I share computer time with my oldest son who is not particularly reliable when it comes to putting away CD's.

Also, is it me or has this game now set a record for time in pre-order? I realize that people who pre-order will get the game a few days quicker but I don't like the idea of paying for a game 6 weeks before its even shipping. But that's just me, your mileage may vary...

We're putting all pieces in place now, but it's difficult to forecast exactly when we can launch the platform. You won't believe how many little things have to be taken care of. After all, we want a reliable and easy to use system, so it's testing testing testing at the moment. If all goes well, we should be able to launch the platform at the same time as SC2 is back from production... (two weeks give or take a few days)

By the way, even though this option is not yet described in the shop, but everybody who pre-orders will later get both access to the download (before anyone else of course) as well as the printed manual and cd by mail for no extra cost. After the release, you'll have to pay a few bucks more for this option, so people with pre-orders not only get their copies quicker, but will save $10 or so, too smile.gif Not that I'm trying to talk you into something here... ;)

Martin

Hmm, pre-orders get digital download as soon as available?

So now the cost of postage is offset by the printed manual plus I will get the game as soon as its available, not when Mr. Postman gets around to delivering it.

SOLD!

I'm pre ordering now.

Printed manual, nice.

I'll pass on it though, if it is really not needed.

Anyone here actually find they "needed" the SC1 manual? I mean, really?

I printed one out on ordinary 8.5x11, but not sure why. Oh wait, I know, I was at a buddy's, and he has printer ink to blow smile.gif

But, as much as the manual will likely be a quality item (most BF manuals seem to be first rate), I can do without it. Especially, as I really ONLY want the game (not the shiny box or cd).

Besides, I plan to go to buddies place, and run my burned to disk copy through his super printer, and make a one of a kind label copy anyways smile.gif (no one's SC2 will look like mine then hehe).

I don't care if there's no special savings going just DD. I can deal with it.

Originally posted by Lars:

I love a printed manual.

I like to be able to look up a table or something else while playing the game.

Beats the heck out of jumping out and having to boot up a pdf.

No law saying you can't print out pdf files smile.gif

Sometimes, pdf files allow you to just print out the portions you really need in game though, like charts.

Originally posted by Moon:

If all goes well, we should be able to launch the platform at the same time as SC2 is back from production... (two weeks give or take a few days)

Please clarify, two weeks from the gold announcement last week or two weeks from today (Thursday 4/6/06)?

It doesn't matter to me.

Damn, and I have been rubbing the son's face in how he ain't getting Kingdom Hearts 2, because he ain't got no money saved.

And I am essentially no better off than he is :(

I can hardly go buy my toy after what I have been saying.

I'm glad he's got a paper route, at least he can fend for himself hehe.

Holy crap Moon. That was some sales speech, and being a salesman myself and usually a reluctant customer, I must say I'm impressed.

I have NEVER bought anything with pre-order. I certainly didn't plan on pre-ordering SC2. But after reading that message I'm definitely going to do so.

And honestly I don't even know what did it - subliminal messaging? tongue.gif

"By the way, even though this option is not yet described in the shop, but everybody who pre-orders will later get both access to the download (before anyone else of course) as well as the printed manual and cd by mail for no extra cost. After the release, you'll have to pay a few bucks more for this option, so people with pre-orders not only get their copies quicker, but will save $10 or so, too"

If I had known this I would have pre-ordered it the 1st day but thanks for the info!!!!!! Now to order................. were is that credit card now...... Oh there it is! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Moon:

If all goes well, we should be able to launch the platform at the same time as SC2 is back from production... (two weeks give or take a few days)Martin

Please clarify, two weeks from the gold announcement last week or two weeks from today (Thursday 4/6/06)?

Thank you!