Strategic Command Developer Diary (Blog) Now Active!!!

Originally posted by Liam:

I think it might make sense as some antitank weapons are able to be used as antiair

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blashy:

Why would anti tank increase the CTV of anti air units???

Anti Air tech increases the CTV of anti air units.

</font>

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me see if I get this right:

Anti Air improves Cities and Anti Air Units.

Anti Tank improves Infantry, Anti Air, and Tac Bombers.

Advanced Air only helps Fighters.

Naval Warfare helps Battleships, Cruisers, Carriers, and, Tac Bombers. ...which still bugs me.

A couple of questions:

Do we still have Radar Guided Gun Sight Research for ships? ...did it get swallowed under Naval Warfare?

During WWII, Tac Bombers were absolutely deadly against ships. effective against tanks, but, not as effective against infantry. How is this played out in WaW?

One suggestion:

Can we have a Motorization upgrade for Headquarters? Sort of like the difference between hauling supplies in a mule driven cart versus trucks. One thing to keep in mind, the motorization upgrade could increase the HQ's range instead of increasing the speed at which the HQ moves.

Anti Air improves resources and anti air units.

Anti Tank improves soft units (infantry) and tac bombers vs soft units, tanks and air units (since it is taken that you are bombing those air units).

Naval Warfare helps ships and tac bombers (TBs versus ships).

TBs are lethal against ships if you invest in NW and upgrade. And they play out quite good vs. all units, you could say more so against tanks because when you hit them you just took away its defensive fire and next turn the enemy is stuck to reinforce instead of using its 2 strikes.

Motor for HQs was discussed in the beta of SC2 and it was decided that if they did have this capability it would speed up the game to much and make movement somewhat unrealistic, the same goes for giving them extra range. As is if you push deep with Motor 2 you can`t keep pushing, you eventually have to wait for the supply line to reach you which was always slower than troops.

If they were fitted to TD's then they weer not AA guns! smile.gif

the M3 90mm gun was developed from the M2 AA gun in teh same manner as the Tiger I's 88 was developed from the FLAK 88....

but the original M1 90mm AA gun was a pre-war design (developed 1938-39, standardised 1940), so not something improved by wartime research ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update that we've posted the 4th and 5th installments of Dan's beta AAR... a little late as I got pretty busy wrapping up the new Expansion but his reports should continue to give everyone an idea of some of the changes and enhancements to be found in the coming release smile.gif

Hi guys!

Yeah, sorry for the delays. Not sure if any of you noticed but we've actually launched new store software last weekend and the preparations for this as well as currently ongoing polishing and support have sucked up all resources. It's for a good cause of course (well, it's for you, the customer, to have a more smooth shopping experience and, most importantly, an integrated download service) so we wanted to do this first. With that (largely) out of the way now (although more is to come on that front), we're going to focus on WAW.

In fact, work has been ongoing already as we're preparing a re-launch in retail in Germany and the rest of Europe (SC2+WAW) after the demise of Walkon Media.

So expect some news soon. Realistically I think that we can expect WAW to be out around the end of the month.

Martin