What year will the demo feature?

Is it the Fall Blau, France '40 again, or will it begin earlier or later in the war?

Will it support TCPIP and PBEM games?

I'm 96% sure this game will be a must buy for me, it sounds great, but I want to take a test drive before dusting the cobwebs off my credit card. redface.gif

Originally posted by Night:

Yea, we would all appreciate some news on this subject.

We would ? Most people here will just buy it, we're been talking about it for three years, we don't need no demo !

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that there is one for new players, but I don't think the forum-goers need it.

Originally posted by TaoJah:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Night:

We would ? Most people here will just buy it, we're been talking about it for three years, we don't need no demo !

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that there is one for new players, but I don't think the forum-goers need it. </font>

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

The number of posts someone has little to do with the merit of a posting. A person can read other posts for years and have a very good grasp of a game or concept, without making lots of posts or any posts at all for that matter. An old saying goes something like quality is more important than quantity. In fact you can read all of the threads without even registering. Just because someone has decided not to make posts, doesn't mean that they don't follow, have interest and/or have a good point.

I have seen a number of regular posters suggest that points made by people who have few posts are of questionable validity. My suggestion would be to make a valid argument instead. Plus, sometimes we can't see the forest through the trees and a new outlook may be just what we need.

This post has nothing to do with whether I agree or disagree on the point being discussed. It's just that I feel that the number of posts a person has made, will have very little to do with the validity or quality of a post. I welcome all to the forum and encourage them to participate. They run the risk of being shot down and disagreed with, but don't use number of posts as a reason for doing so.

Originally posted by Yogi:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kuniworth:

The number of posts someone has little to do with the merit of a posting. A person can read other posts for years and have a very good grasp of a game or concept, without making lots of posts or any posts at all for that matter. An old saying goes something like quality is more important than quantity. In fact you can read all of the threads without even registering. Just because someone has decided not to make posts, doesn't mean that they don't follow, have interest and/or have a good point.

I have seen a number of regular posters suggest that points made by people who have few posts are of questionable validity. My suggestion would be to make a valid argument instead. Plus, sometimes we can't see the forest through the trees and a new outlook may be just what we need.

This post has nothing to do with whether I agree or disagree on the point being discussed. It's just that I feel that the number of posts a person has made, will have very little to do with the validity or quality of a post. I welcome all to the forum and encourage them to participate. They run the risk of being shot down and disagreed with, but don't use number of posts as a reason for doing so. </font>

Congrats, you completly failed to comprehend what I was saying. This is not about posts first or foremost, its about the use of the "we" word - get it?

I'm rather allergic to people telling me and other what "we think on matters" and try to act like the spokesman of this community. That crap belongs in China and other non-democratic places.

His lack of postings only add to the complete lack of trust I feel to have my opinions "represented" by a person I'd never discussed or heard from before.

His opinions is his. My opinions are mine. Granted we all step over the line and act like a spokesmen of others but I dont need this from people that added little or nothing on suggestions to the game. I think it's an insult to be told what I think.

I'm sure Mao or Tao did'nt mean it in a bad way though.

Just because someone has decided not to make posts, doesn't mean that they don't follow, have interest and/or have a good point.

VERY true, Yogi,

And thanks for saying it so.

Only thing I would add... IF a person comes on board and merely makes a brief, general comment WITHOUT fair elaborate text & context,

THEN we know not wherefrom they are coming.

That is, they have not very much "board history" so that we might better determine what they are saying, and why.

For example, "person X" arrives and says:

"That (whatever) ain't worth a damn."

Or,

"Boy, what a STUPID thing to forthwith offer! You should be boiled in oil!"

Well,

That ain't gonna cut it.

ESPECIALLY if we have very little, or NO idea what they've been, somewhat consistently, saying in the distant or recent past, see what I mean?

Other than that,

You bet!

EVERYONE get in and state yer case! :cool:

Originally posted by TaoJah:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Night:

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that there is one for new players, but I don't think the forum-goers need it. </font>

@Chairman ToJo --- Dude, just break open your wallet & spend the $45 + $8 shipping. Well, probably $14 for you.

And for the rest, quit waiting for free samples. Take matters by Faith, get involved and spend your money. We've got enough freeloaders (no pun intended) wanting this & that.

Time to pony up some cash, ladies.

-Legend

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

@Chairman ToJo --- Dude, just break open your wallet & spend the $45 + $8 shipping. Well, probably $14 for you.

And for the rest, quit waiting for free samples. Take matters by Faith, get involved and spend your money. We've got enough freeloaders (no pun intended) wanting this & that.

Time to pony up some cash, ladies.

-Legend

Get aload of this guy :rolleyes:

Demos & A.I. are overated. All the time spent on that stuff is better used for the real deal.

Here's a demo of the word "overrate":

o·ver·rate - Pronunciation Key (vr-rt)

tr.v. o·ver·rat·ed, o·ver·rat·ing, o·ver·rates

To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

I've been burned too many times on poor quality software that I thought was going to be good and purchased without demo'ing. GGWAW, MOO3, and a whole box full of others that failed to cut the mustard.

Now SC2 is most likely something that I can trust will be a solid purchase as I enjoyed SC1 and have followed the progress of the new version of SC (as well as all the other shenanigans that gets written on this site).

But, despite this confidence, I will patiently await the demo, give it a spin and then within one hour of demo'ing, I'll probably know whether this is a must buy for me. I certainly hope it is!

As far as faith? I faithfully rely on my head rather than my heart as much as I can. Keep your faith to yourself because to me it's just primitive superstitions used by people of lower intelligence to make themselves feel better about something that they don't understand. Power to Darwin, science and reality and good software that can be tested out on a demo before purchase. Amen! smile.gif

[ March 06, 2006, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Fubarno ]

@kuniworth: We are waiting for the game a loooong time otherwise We would not be here now, and We have the same right as your sorry ass to send what We like, in Our opinion YOU are totally undemocratic, always telling people what they should not be talking about or not sending to this forum. YOU are not a moderator so plz keep quiet. Taojah was very polite and you (agaiiiiin) have to make silly remarks

about the demo: this game has got a lot of feedback, screens, everyone here on this forum is somehow related to SC, and taking into account that HC is creating the game (and the guy took his time ;) ) this WILL be a great purchase.. so i wont use the demo, no p with pple who do, but i have faith :D

Originally posted by Qyusson:

@kuniworth: We are waiting for the game a loooong time otherwise We would not be here now, and We have the same right as your sorry ass to send what We like, in Our opinion YOU are totally undemocratic, always telling people what they should not be talking about or not sending to this forum. YOU are not a moderator so plz keep quiet.

I dont have to be quiet a bit. Besides I never said anything about you or Mao to shut up about your opinions just that no one is entitled to act as a spokesmen for others. You can't represent my opinions and I don't speak for you either. You can say what you want but please don't act that you speak for someone else than yourself. Do you understand what I'm saying?

yea, i perfectly get your point, the way you answered taojah was not justified thats all.. it was the guys way of telling what he thought, and then you answered by tackling him on his number of posts, and thats juvenile.. you dont have to be that agressive, thats MY point. But whatever, i guess waiting for SC2 has got us all bit tensed smile.gif

Originally posted by Qyusson:

yea, i perfectly get your point, the way you answered taojah was not justified thats all.. it was the guys way of telling what he thought, and then you answered by tackling him on his number of posts, and thats juvenile.. you dont have to be that agressive, thats MY point. But whatever, i guess waiting for SC2 has got us all bit tensed smile.gif

Agreed.

As orginally opined by Fubarno:

As far as faith? I faithfully rely on my head rather than my heart as much as I can. Keep your faith to yourself because to me it's just primitive superstitions used by people of lower intelligence to make themselves feel better about something that they don't understand. Power to Darwin, science and reality...

Agent Provocateur! ;)

LOLOL,

Ah, how many ways to count

The inconstant confounds & conundrums!

Too doggone many, so I won't... though,

I will say this:

SCIENCE is itself... a superstition!

(... in reality, superstition is ritual

and ceremony and mores and taboos

and codes of law & ethics & honor, etc)

FAITH is ONLY one-half of the equation.

You need BOTH of these

In order to approach

Some semblance of "good society."

Even Einstein,

And Freud himself believed in "God,"

(... or, Great Spirit, or First Mover,

or whatever you might prefer)

Among multitudes of brilliant thinkers,

Are even those 2?

How is it you accuse - creatures

Of "lower intelligence?" ;)

Together, Science & Faith

You bet! They make resounding sensation!

Too much of one,

Too little of the other, why,

What a truly dessicate, dry-dry

Life to lead!

(... living in California, which more

and more comes to resemble that

prescient movie, Blade Runner,

well, I would humbly suggest that you

might invest some spare spirit elan

in... faith... LOL!)

... topics veer astray in the SC forums faster than crap through as goose........
Ah, Wagner, Wagner, Wagner.

About once a month, like

Old Church clock-works,

You announce how awful all these

Off-topic shenanigans must be!

Perhaps?

Too much time spent at Matrix?

Where they love 'em "nuts & bolts!"

Yep, carried about in pouch-cheek,

Sucked & savored they are,

To be squirreled away in some

Hollowed out home in some

Sturdy old oak tree.

I suffer from insomnia, now & then.

The surefire cure?

I visit ANY Matrix forum thread

And, presto majesto!

I am asleep like the living dead

In a matter of minutes!

What say!

A bit of that... joie de vivre! :cool:

Some FUN whilst you can!

O happy days!

SC-2 Blitzkrieg!

Be... on the very merry way!

One little comment

RE: cost of the game AND

Needing Demo to determine IF it's worthy.

By all means,

Sceptics and Cynics alike,

Try it out first.

I will offer this:

Given the near infinite number

Of possible scenarios

And games that can be.

WILL be made

With the Editor,

Said Editor, BTW, which you have NEVER

Witnessed in this yer very short life,

THAT ALONE

Is worth the monies you'll spend. smile.gif

I have seen,

I have played

EVERY WW-2 GS game worth a hoot

(... omitting GGWAW, naturally)

And I have NEVER EVER seen

Something so awesome,

So brilliantly grand as this.

IMHO,

And I realize that ain't worth spit

In some SC quarters, well,

The Editor alone

Is worth the money.

Again, I insist... as critical customer

First, and not some rumored

*ss kisser or fanboy, yea,

You have not even BEGUN to have

Years - nay! Delerious decades!

Of such... semi-superstitious

Wonder and FUN. :cool:

And I have NEVER EVER seen

Something so awesome,

So brilliantly grand as this.

That's a strong statement, Dave. "Never, ever?" "brilliantly grand?"

Methinks you are either very impressed with Hubert's work, or are indulging your license to create poesy. Or both, perhaps?

(In any case, thanks for an interesting post!)

OMG I can't believe this turned into such an issue.

Kuni is right, he barley represent's the feeling of the "community" as a whole. I have a small amount of post's compared to how long and how much I view this board, but I still know what i'm talking about though. However as far as the demo goes I do believe we need one, if only to help us grasp the game better before it's actual release. Let's not forget that it is a whole new system in basicly every aspect of the game.

I have already paid my money but want/need a demo anyway smile.gif