Minor Country Prodution...

Hey everyone,

Another short and sweet question.

will SC2 feature minor countries creating units from time to time?

for example, will canada be able to produce a corps unit once a year to assist in the war effort?

It's not something I would call critical for playability, but I think it would be a nice little feature.

Thanks!

Mark

Minor countries will have unit build limits, which in some cases may be more than what the default setup is. Finland, for example, may be able to build a HQ (can't think of a good name offhand tongue.gif ) and another corps or army. But it would be up to the parent major country that the minor is aligned to (Germany for Finland) as to when to buy a new unit and then pay for it. This should also provide the capability to rebuild destroyed minors. And with force pool limits for majors, you may want to max out with everything you can.

With event scripting we should have a way for additional new units to appear. Like UK could have an ANZAC corps appear at Suez on or after such and such a date. Probably be able to do something similar with Canadians and others. Stay tuned as we wait and find out how scripting will work. ;)

[ April 29, 2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: pzgndr ]

Like a slowly building Canadian naval force of corvettes, it was the 3rd bigest navy after all.

Oh and I think we should be able to build ALL units for minor countries, let the players choose which to build and make our own history.

Even Denmark could build an HQ, if it had the time. But you see my point.

It's a brilliant idea for the minor nations to be able to raise new armies and other things but will they must not have pollitcal leaders in charge just because it's easier to find out who the Norweigen king was (example here no offence meant) rather than who was the Norweigen chief of staff

I agree that it is a briljant idea to allow minor countries to build units and I really hope it's going to be included in SC2.It would also give more advantages to players who wait until the country joins them instead of invading it which is ,in some cases, way easier then waiting.

p.s.:Mannheimer would be a good name for a Finland-HQ tongue.gif

On a related note, will the minors still be as dependent on their major as in SC1? Can they reinforce and build new units with their domestic MPPs even when there is no supply route to the major? Or will the minors be directly attached to a major at all?

Excellent point, especially for Sweden, Spain and Turkey which have several resource hexes (Sweden - 1 City, 1 Port, 2 Mines; Spain - 3 Cities and 1 Mine, Turkey - 3 Cities, 1 Port)

[ May 04, 2004, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

A finnish HQ would be a 'must' with this dreaded supply system. How the heck would the Fins of fought the Winter War and then in '41 contributed without one? In fact I might suggest that a Link with Norway and Sweden be made, they're all connected.

HQs for Turkey and Spain would be interesting. They could be very basic just allowing for resupply and possibly experience?

Romania, is the only Axis Minor I can see as a huge factor. They were big contributors on the Eastern Front. Perhaps a combined Balkan HQ?

Sorry for my mistake with the name Mannerheim(Mannheimer tongue.gif ) earlier.

I absolutely agree that minor countries should get more independence from their major.Especially Finland because(please corect me if I'm wrong here) I thought that Mannerheim refused to attack Leningrad together with Germany and that although they were at war with Russia they didn't actively help Germany.

For spain of course Franco would be nice but I don't know any for Sweden or Turkey.

p.s.: If the minor HQ's are included will Canada have one?

Originally posted by Roosevelt45:

I absolutely agree that minor countries should get more independence from their major.Especially Finland because(please corect me if I'm wrong here) I thought that Mannerheim refused to attack Leningrad together with Germany and that although they were at war with Russia they didn't actively help Germany.

Finland and Germany had a common enemy, but they never were in a formal alliance (if we disregard president Ryti's personal promise to Hitler not to make separate peace in 1944). Germans helped Finland in the effort, and they took the front responsibility in the northern Finland, where the German troops also got some Finnish units under their command. In the south (where most of the fighting took place), however, the Finnish army was completely autonomous. Mannerheim refused to attack Leningrad, and also rejected Hitler's constant requests of attacking the Murmansk railway.