The "I can wait" contrasting thread

@ Sombra and JJR: Thank you, your comments are appreciated.

Gee, I didn't want to cause a major problem. All I ever wanted was one of two things: either (a) an updated date when delivery was expected now that the time is very close or (B) a simply response saying that BF did not want to publish an exact date for - whatever reason they had.

As I stated before, my real irritation was at the failure of any response not at anything else. I thank HC for ending that drought.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are lucky smile.gif

If HC did it the way I think it should be done, games would be annouced as "Coming soon" and details of the game's concept would be posted.

After that, you might get the occasional detail posted to a journal and it would be all one way discourse ie details posted read them or don't read them but no back and forth discussion.

Then one day, you would see an announcement "On sale now" and that would be it smile.gif

Then I might be inclined to think relaxing for a few months as comments came in about the game, and any glitches could be addressed. Then poof out of thin air, a patch if it was possible based on input.

I think HC is being extremely nice just hanging out with us eh.

Hey Rambo, you forgot Global Warming! Even in Idaho you're not immune to drowning.

Just think if you've been a good boy....and that's somewhat doubtful......???

You may wake up with waterfront property!

How's your Karma?

[ March 29, 2006, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: SeaMonkey ]

ROFL, there are some cute postings on this thread. Me and Rambo just fought a Marathon Strategic Command old Barbarossa Style game... Wermacht made it to the Urals, cut off the Bloody Reds. In the East the Italian Navy and Kriegsmarine Nearly brought the Royal Navy to its' Knees. We were playing on and off few days for 10 or 15 hours. I actually had no SC left in me. I really didn't have much of a counter strategy. The original engine though critized was a very accurate depiction for a Hexagon Wargame on a PC of the Real thing. Lets hope that SC2 goes as far ;)

Imagine 2 Millions Germans Cut off, out of supply in the Middle of the Soviet Union, Stalin's Reinforcements how up in Late 1943 LORD! Advanced Russian Jets cut down Focke Wolfes in the Steppe. New advanced Type Soviet Tanks Tear through our Flanks. There is no Retreat and no Surrender. The Allies have conquored France... However in this War at least 3 Times as many troops were slaugheterd a lot more action and the Italians learned how to fight. 1 Million Italian CorpsMen lost their life trying to keep the Reich Whole tongue.gif

Ahhh Liam "thanks for the memories", I remember those circumstances.

Presently, I'm in a deep 43 game of Operation Sphinx(SC mod). The Axis have been stalled at the gates of Moscow, there has been stalemate in the East for many months on the line of the Volga.

But the West, the Allies are across the Rhine, threatening to cut off Denmark, Paris is still Axis. D-Day was at Pas de Calaise and finally in Africa, Tobruk is being beseiged, but Axis own Gibraltar.

There is still much to accomplish, but the mighty Royal Navy and AF have the upperhand.

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Yogi, you'd complain if you had every picnic basket in Jellystone Park! tongue.gif

Heavans Tamerkatroid! (spelling unknown) Exit stage left even.

Actually I wasn't complaining, I was trying to make a joke about people not having anything to complain about in support of justanotherwargamer.

But once again your post brings back old memories. Unfortunately I can remember coming home from school to turn on the TV to watch such greats as Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Ouick Draw McGraw and of course Snagglepuss famous for the saying above. I'd have to see what was in those picnic baskets before complaining. Of course I would have to send Boo Boo to collect them.

Originally posted by LutraMage:

we're not children waiting for Christmas, we're customers waiting for a product we've already paid for.

You gave them your money?!?!? omg mWHAahahahHAHAHHA!! SSSSSSSsssssuuuuuucker! :D Son, it ain't coming, there's no SC2! :D

I'm just kidding..... I think ;)