[Rambo IV] There is a God! How pumped am I? LEGENDARY

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd pay good money to see this story of a misunderstood man battling the establishment made into a movie...

Rambo wannabe is sent to prison

A man walked around Colchester with a 16-inch machete because he wanted to look like Rambo, a court heard.

Craig Eley walked around the town with the weapon dangling from his belt loop while he was dressed in combat gear.

The 38-year-old, who has an "interest" in the military, was sent to prison for his "bizarre behaviour" by Colchester magistrates yesterday.

When asked by the bench if he understood his 50-day sentence, Eley responded: "Yes, sergeant."

Philippa Beswick, prosecuting, said Eley had drawn attention from a worried passerby who had seen him near King Edward Quay on August 21, 2005.

At a previous hearing, Eley, of West Stockwell Street, Colchester, admitted a charge of possessing a bladed weapon.

Mark Francis, mitigating, said Eley had become known to the criminal system after an accident in which he fell from a cherry picker when he was 22.

He said the "bizarre" behaviour was due to him suffering brain damage in the fall and that he only carried the knife for "comfort".

There is a trailer for it out. Watch it. I'm actually interested in seeing it. Plot seems to be around some missionaries going to a SE Asian island and getting roughed up by some local militia/terrorists. Enter Rambo. One shot shows him commandeer a .50 cal and blast a fool point blank with it. Looks a bit more rooted in the style of the first one, and not the over-the-top style of the last ones.

I dont know. I was Special Forces and I have always said I must have gone to the remedial SF training since I cant do anything Rambo can.

Its a wonder I survived training I cant even take out one army single handedly. I feel like such a failure.

You yanks have an odd culture with all your guns.

No wonder so many get shot.

To own one out here in the Netherlands you need to be a member of a shooting range for at least a year here.

Then you need to keep shooting at least a few times each year to keep your permit.

And you're not allowed to carry it around.

Only from your house to the shooting range.

And you need to keep the ammo and gun seperate and both locked up.

If the Govt decided to turn against the people (well it already has but...) those guns would be useless versus the hardware the military packs.

And as someone said, something written 100s of years ago might need to be revised.

According to the IMDB site the movie, simply titled JOHN RAMBO will be released in 2008. Here is a plot summary.....

"In Thailand, John Rambo (Stallone) assembles a group of mercenaries and leads them up the Salween River to a Burmese village where a group of Christian aid workers allegedly went missing."

Don't read further if you do not want to know details of the plot.....

"Vietnam veteran John Rambo (Sylvester Stallone) has survived many harrowing ordeals in his lifetime and has since withdrawn into a simple and secluded existence in Bangkok, where he spends his time salvaging old PT boats and tanks for scrap metal. Even though he is looking to avoid trouble, trouble has a way of finding him. A group of Christian human rights missionaries, led by Michael Burnett and Sarah Miller, approach Rambo with the desire to rent his boat to travel up the river to Burma. For over fifty years, Burma has been like a war zone. The Karen people of the region, who consist of peasants and farmers, have endured brutally oppressive rule from the murderous Burmese military and have been struggling for survival every single day. This is the time when medical assistance and general support from the Christian missionaries is needed most. After some consideration, and due to insistence from his mentor, former military man Ed Baumgartner, Rambo accepts the offer and takes Michael, Sarah, and the rest of the missionaries up the river. When the missionaries finally arrive at the Karen village, they are ambushed by the sadistic Major Pa Tee Tint and a slew of Burmese army men. A portion of the villagers and missionaries are tortured and viciously murdered, while Tint and his men hold the remainder captive. News soon reaches the minister in charge of the mission and with the help of Ed Baumgartner he employs Rambo to lead a rescue effort. With five young and highly diverse mercenaries at his disposal, Rambo has to travel back up the river and liberate the survivors from the clutches of Major Tint in what may be one of his deadliest missions ever.

The next chapter finds Rambo recruited by a group of Christian human rights missionaries to protect them against pirates, during a humanitarian aid deliver to the persecuted Karen people of Burma. After some of the missionaries are taken prisoner by sadistic Burmese soldiers, Rambo gets a second impossible job: to assemble a team of mercenaries to rescue the surviving relief workers."

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0462499/

Originally posted by n0kn0k:

You yanks have an odd culture with all your guns.

No wonder so many get shot.

To own one out here in the Netherlands you need to be a member of a shooting range for at least a year here.

Then you need to keep shooting at least a few times each year to keep your permit.

When I was younger I can remember many people used to still carry a holster gun all the time. Now you really never see one.

I personally own a 44 Mag pistol which I keep for home protection. I have never fired it but I have collected a couple of weirdos with it. One was attempting to climb in my bathroom window. Once I place the barrel on his forhead he just waited for the cops to arrive. Other was an arson who burned down all the garages on the block. I saw him running as I came out the door and convinced him I would actually shoot him if he didnt stop running. That was a really good move on his part because I would have shot him.

A man without a gun is merely a victim.

Originally posted by n0kn0k:

Unless you're a criminal.

Unless... you get the picture.

Gun bans don't affect homocide. http://law.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6426&context=expresso

More OT, I will pass on Rambo IV. Only saw the first one, not bad, the rest were so poorly reviewed (by friends) that it was a clear waste of time to watch them.