Enhancement Wish List

Originally posted by Night: You should be able to switch positions of units. I.E. if you have Corps A sitting in tile A, corps B in tile B, and you wanted Corps B in Tile A and Corps A in Tile B during the same turn
You want the option to select a unit, and then while holding the alt key down select an adjacent unit and have them switch places when you release the alt key.

Naturally, units attempting this would suffer a penalty to their readiness ;) for European roads of the time were not built to handle massive troop movements going in opposite directions.

Lars, Edwin, when the full game is out, I'm thinking one or both you should address the convoy mechanics in its own thread.

You've both touched upon some great features and I've been thinking about some also. I'm sure others will contribute some good ideas also, its just a bit premature now.

If we can get some scripting enhancements for convoy routing I can foresee a linkage of %MPP transfer connected to route tile length, with seasonal variability and a little randomness to keep people from crunching the numbers.

Custom routing, surface raiding, and intel connection are definitely on the right track. I was thinking that only parts of the routes should be disclosed depending on the difference in intel levels. +1 gets you 33% randomly each turn, +2 67%, +3 100%, setting up the intel war.

Only problem is route disclosing is advantageous for the Axis mostly, we need something for the Allies' incentive?

Perhaps a spotting bonus, ASW help, or a detriment to sub diving percentages, etc.

Hopefully an Allied player will have the ability to shift to different routing schemes; Scheme 1(short routes), Scheme 2(variable routes), Scheme 3(random..shotgun routing, no convoy). Maybe we would have the ability to define the schemes in the editor.

For the player, they just select the scheme(previewed on the convoy screen) they wish, enforcible for the next 4 turns, and then allowed to change every 4th turn or so.

Originally posted by hellraiser:

Another potential breaker as I see it :

Allied player can use neutral major powers' transports to spot the NA axis uboats and have the RN sink them easily.

Or, blocking certain tiles with neutral major powers' transports.

It have tested it and it works wonders...moreover, neutral transports don't get hurt at all when they make surprise contact with the u-boats.

Quite an exploit IMO.

Yes, it has been discussed in the forums. But we found out it does not become much of an issue. All I will say is this, I as an Axis player would LOVE to see 2-3 USA transports blocking me somewhere...

Just like the Italian Navy can blockade access to Alexandria via the Med, I would LOVE to see that as an Allied player, me and Nax were doing it at first, then something occured and it never happened again in one of our games...

Originally posted by Night:

You should be able to switch positions of units. I.E. if you have Corps A sitting in tile A, corps B in tile B, and you wanted Corps B in Tile A and Corps A in Tile B during the same turn, you can't do it, you must move one to Tile C first, then next turn complete the move, which IMO is gamey and stupid.

That's a good idea, maybe there is a reason why Hubert does not have it in, Hubert?

Tell me, i noticed in the manual an event - axis get Egypt and USA and USSR activation towards allies starts to increase per turn? That would make it not a very bright ideea to get Egypt as axis :( Although it is clear that Egypt (allied controlled) is at war with Axis, so it's quite natural to try to get it. You do not DOW Egypt , it's against you by default.

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Only problem is route disclosing is advantageous for the Axis mostly, we need something for the Allies' incentive?....

..For the player, they just select the scheme(previewed on the convoy screen) they wish, enforcible for the next 4 turns, and then allowed to change every 4th turn or so.

I was thinking about this too. One advantage for the allies is that it keeps the Germans from knowing where their convoy routes are.

Secondly, perhaps an intel advantage allows the Allies to change convoy routes or scheme's more often.

Example: Say that the Allies can choose from 3 routes and only change it every 10 turns. This limit is reduced by 2 turns for every level of Intel advantage. Intel Advantage +2 allows them to change the route every 6 turns instead of every 10 turns. Intel Advantage +3 and they can change the route every 4 turns. However, if the Germans have the advantage this turn limit increases. Example: At German Intel Advantage +1 it increases to 12 turns.

Originally posted by fantomas:

2 Wish :

1- Hotkey to turn off/on national colors

2- Movement of armor, ships and planes would need to spend a few MPP, even if just tactical movement.

1- I think there is a hotkey or you can create one, one or the other.

2- No thanks, not at the level that is SC2, it would delve into micromanaging and I've only enjoyed ONE war type game before SC2, that was SC, because none of this was in the game. Beleive me, you'll be cash strapped enough that you will not want this option :cool:

Originally posted by hellraiser:

Tell me, i noticed in the manual an event - axis get Egypt and USA and USSR activation towards allies starts to increase per turn? That would make it not a very bright ideea to get Egypt as axis :( Although it is clear that Egypt (allied controlled) is at war with Axis, so it's quite natural to try to get it. You do not DOW Egypt , it's against you by default.

This is not case, it gives a one time bump.

Originally posted by Blashy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Karhu:

One minor suggestion and an even more minor correction:

I like the addition of amphibious transport v normal transport, but the resulting ships look identical to me, and I can never remember which one is which when I've got an invasion going combined with normal transport ships. How about marking the amphibious ones in some way to avoid the confusion?

Cheers.

If you click on the unit it tells you what it is. </font>

Right Karhu! this has been already questioned!...but no reply yet!.

Yes!...what is needed is some indication as WHAT-KIND of Transport we have...an OFFLOAD anywhere Transport or a PORT Transport!.

As well...i suggest that while hovering the MOUSE over the indicated Transport...that, perhaps an 'Infantry','Artillery','Armour' or 'HQ' Icon of somekind can momentarily show itself as one hover's over the selected transport OR...have a mean's of having the ICONS continually hovering over the Transport's until otherwise required!.

Originally posted by Retributar:

Right Karhu!

As well...i suggest that while hovering the MOUSE over the indicated Transport...that, perhaps an 'Infantry','Artillery','Armour' or 'HQ' Icon of somekind can momentarily show itself as one hover's over the selected transport OR...have a mean's of having the ICONS continually hovering over the Transport's until otherwise required!.

That is a good idea.

Originally posted by Blashy:

Yes you can, the models are very distinct.

Transport = 3 little boats.

Amphibious = 2 boats.

So they are. Just goes to show how long you can look at something and not see it. Thanks.

Originally posted by Edwin P.:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Only problem is route disclosing is advantageous for the Axis mostly, we need something for the Allies' incentive?....

..For the player, they just select the scheme(previewed on the convoy screen) they wish, enforcible for the next 4 turns, and then allowed to change every 4th turn or so.

I was thinking about this too. One advantage for the allies is that it keeps the Germans from knowing where their convoy routes are.

Secondly, perhaps an intel advantage allows the Allies to change convoy routes or scheme's more often.

Example: Say that the Allies can choose from 3 routes and only change it every 10 turns. This limit is reduced by 2 turns for every level of Intel advantage. Intel Advantage +2 allows them to change the route every 6 turns instead of every 10 turns. Intel Advantage +3 and they can change the route every 4 turns. However, if the Germans have the advantage this turn limit increases. Example: At German Intel Advantage +1 it increases to 12 turns. </font>

Originally posted by Retributar:

Perhap's an inclusion of a ghostly infantry image superimposed over the troop transport would help?.

I had a similar problem...with confusing a Cruiser and a Submarine,...it did happen to me!,only once though!,...so, if someone can come up with an acceptable method of readily identifying/separating the various ship types...please feel free to comment!.

When you mouse over any unit it tells you what it is in the upper information bar and this is on top of clicking on the unit as Blashy mentioned

Hubert, anyway to have the percentages show up first on the war map screen instead of the flags?

I mean, if I'm going to have to be checking it all the time for diplomacy results, might as well hit that one first. We're going to be doing that more often than declaring war, after all.

Too bad the flags couldn't have been just a bit larger with the percentage superimposed.

Ah, check. Will do. Didn't know it updated as I had bad dice rolls last night.

But what's the point of the war map percentages one then? Seems some of these screens could be combined or used for something else.