SC2 Exploits Problems

I have a request. In the interest of historical accuracy, and this one is subject to debate, I want to address the situation of the UK/Commonwealth in the event of the British Isle's surrender.

We know that Cairo is the fall back position, but in most cases Egypt has fallen previously and that is the disposition I wish to address.

IMO there should be a provision for Canada to be the new cradle for UK rejuvenation. I'm not advocating a full blown Allied power with tech and builds, diplomacy and the such, but a contingent to assist USA with re-entry to the European continent. This may be possible with scripts alone.

First and foremost a Royal Navy deployment. Should some of the RN be allowed to spawn and reappear in Canadian ports or should the UK player have the ability to run to Canada when all is determined to be lost after a successful Sealion? Then those extra MPPs from the Commonwealth would be useful for repairs.

Now about the Free UK armed entity. I propose a scripting of at least an HQ, engineers, paratroopers, an AF, and possibly a tank and corps for the invasion force. These would come about slowly from scripting queus with the HQ coming first followed by the specialties and finally the tank and corps by early 1944.

If possible they should arrive at some level of tech advancement in relation to USA levels. Not sure if this can be scripted so there may be a decision to what levels they should be at.

For me that's pretty easy, I say HT level 3 with 2 mobilization. The corps, 3,2,2. Realistic or would the UK just have folded up like whipped dogs?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two other issues that I am not sure has been addressed. I think air attacks against swamp hexes should be lowered. The reason is that soft ground absorbs a lot of the force and dampens shrapnel.

I also think tanks should only be able to entrench at 2 levels less than infantry in cities and forts. This is to reflect that cities and forts are better manned by infantry than tanks. Infantry are much harder to root out. Just a couple of points from an old infantryman.

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

- land units that move into a friendly fortress/fortification now automatically entrench up to 1/2 the max entrenchment value

- land units that start a turn within a friendly fortress/fortification now automatically entrench up to 1/2 max entrenchment regardless of initial entrenchment value

<whistles between his teeth> Are you sure you want to do this ? This will give a HUGE boost to the defence force. The Russian already have no way to get through my defence line in the east, consisting of level-3 corps in fortifications.

If you add an automated level-3 entrenchement, I can probably hold that line with 4-5 corps less then I need now...

The manual mentions this automatic entrenchement and it is not in the gamle now, but I don't know if it's a good idea.

I also don't know what the effect will be on the Western frontline (since the AI never launches a D-Day so far), but clearly this will make a D-Day even harder to do...

Originally posted by Blashy:

Seamonkey, the simplest thing is making UK Govt move to Canada, which is what it would have done and never surrendered.

So sure? Germany steamrolling all over Europe and even GB falling for the first time since 1066.

Rusia had a kind of precedence case with Napoleon. I don´t think the british Empire would have survived without GB.

Don't agree Blashy, I believe the fall of UK would be so disruptive that the best we could hope for is a scripted contingent.

Indeed it would be a subsidized force from all over the Commonwealth, probably led by our good buddies the Canadians.

In fact that is not a bad idea. The Canadians would acquire and use MPPs as the manager of the new Commonwealth force for builds and diplomacy only, tech would be dependent on USA levels.

I think what we can hope for best is that if Canada is the Third Fall back Zone, so to speak of the Allied Major War Effort it should soak up any resources still not Axis. Gibraltar wouldn't surrender? Do you think Churchill would've given a surrender? Or flown to Canada with FDR's help? Hell, he'd of gone to USSR I'll bet my Bottom Dollar or lived it out in Malta if that was all there was left. The Pride of the Admiralty Surrending when London falls? Very unlikely, with fresh oil, ore, ports in Canada still unliberated for Greys, it would've meant a longer war than you think. India, Far East, African Colonies, with all this the UK would've stayed, not gone far admittely but not ever surrendered! The Germans knew this, but they knew England that knife in her back strategically was vital, and there was plenty of resources to filter into England to use it as a LaunchPad on Germany's backdoor into France... only a few miles of the French Coast and within Bombing range of Germany Proper.

It may balance things to not end the War, the survival of the UK Fleet means that the retaking of England is possible, the Germans would have to station a Million men there, historical to hold it... and can you imagine the Rebels? There would've been English Partisan Activity by far worse than Norway-Spain-Ireland-Yugoslavia... France has them even, which in comparison wouldn't be the same.. It's an Island, and hard to control, the value of it should be purely in Plunder..and removal of that Knife in the back..the rest should be survived in Canada, a Massive Raw Material Center. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if a few million Britishers wouldn't have run off with the Government to Canada in the event of a Fall of England, look up the eventuality of it in the history books, I'm certian it is mentioned!

Regardless does this possibly settle the unmatched Axis vs Allies issue in SC2? It could... a fleet for the USA, a second base for the British to slowly refit would mean that Germany would have to defend a large area from amphibious attack.. issue is retaking England is difficult to simulate it's small in scale.. but I suppose the real fun war is in Russia and more focus could be given to them... and just let the Americans and British, hamper Axis...if the Axis invade England without Naval and Air Domination, cut their supply and without massive garrisons, raise Partisans...this way nothing is gained from England financially but plunder period, reiterated

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Don't agree Blashy, I believe the fall of UK would be so disruptive that the best we could hope for is a scripted contingent.

Indeed it would be a subsidized force from all over the Commonwealth, probably led by our good buddies the Canadians.

In fact that is not a bad idea. The Canadians would acquire and use MPPs as the manager of the new Commonwealth force for builds and diplomacy only, tech would be dependent on USA levels.