Current info on Time Out Messages and Pre-Order Download Problems...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you still have Dial Up in times like these???

In the Netherlands I don't think Dial Up exists anymore

GLPT,

LOL,

I still only got dial-up too,

Well,

Having lived and traveled

All over Europe, I know

You guys are more crowded

Together than we in America are.

Still lots of empty spaces here

And the assorted (... and

monopolistic)

Cable & phone companies

Just don't put in single lines

Out to places in the boondocks,

Like where I am.

No profit in it. ;)

I trying for 2 hours to download the game every 3-5 min another try. Only message:

We are sorry but there are too many users connected at this time.

We are experiencing high volume of downloads.

Please try again later.

I wonder. Are there 100000000 people in the world downloading the game right now or only 1 perosn allowed at the same time?

In a way, it is resolved already; in other words, you only get this message when the download slots are full, so it's intentional.

We're working on increasing bandwidth at the moment to reduce waiting times, but at the moment it's a bit of luck when you get access. :(

Martin

Well, technically, EVERYONE that orders it before it ships is a pre-order, so there is no "everyone else", you guys are all pre-ordered customers right now.

Update, just got some good news that we have more bandwidth so will be opening up the throttle on the server some. I just checked and was able to connect and get right in.

Madmatt

By "everyone", I meant those people who bought the download version when it goes on sale. I have no idea when you are going to start selling that, so, if it was going to be today, I would want to be able to download it before it was opened up to everyone who will be just buying the download version.

In any event, I was finally able to download it, so I'm good to go.

GenMarky, you should really consider using a download manager, then you could simply resume from where the download stopped...

You might have had bad luck and just hit the time when bandwidth increased. I believe that the servers were being reset at that time... sorry :(

Martin