Current info on Time Out Messages and Pre-Order Download Problems...

posted April 12, 2006 07:37 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys, I got some news.

Starting tomorrow, the server vendor is going to be increasing (by a lot!) the total bandwidth available to download. Not sure why they didnt believe us when we said that tonight was going to be a BIG night but apprently they didn't allocate the bandwidth that they should have. Unfortunately, and trust me I called SEVERAL PEOPLE, this can't be done until tomorrow.

In the meantime, instead of hundreds of people all trying to download at the same time throughout the night and each person just getting 3-7 kb/sec rates, we are going to limit how many people can download at one time.

Now, if you click on that file link, and you get a Service Unavailable Error, or if it times out, please just wait 20 minutes or so and then try again.

Sometime tomorrow, once we get the bandwidth that they should have given us from the start, we will open up the download count as it was before, but for now, we just need you guys to form a line right over here.

If you got a message before that said you used up all your downloads, just try again as I reset the download count for those that contacted me already.

If you still have problems tonight, please just be patient and rest assured that we ARE working on getting this all resolved. My suggestion would be to just try again tomorrow.

Madmatt

[ April 12, 2006, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, thats the error I mentioned above. We are working on getting IIS to accept a page with a little more info than just that stock 503 "Service Unavailable" message.

But basically, what your seeing is due to all the available download slots are used up.

Madmatt

We warned them...oh god did we warn them, but people, especially those starched shirt IT guys (yeah the kind that I always thought were losers when I did that stuff for living) always underestimate the power of the refreshing monkeys...

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

posted April 12, 2006 07:37 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime, instead of 200 people all trying to download at the same time throughout the night and each person just getting 3-7 kb/sec rates, we are going to limit how many people can download at one time.

Madmatt

How many people can access at once now?

Just checking the late nite ball scores,

And have read the threads through

Before callin' it done

For the day.

Gotta say it,

Even though I hardly know

Either one a' you Cats

From... say, famous Sam Spade,

MadMatt and Moon,

You've handled this whole thing

Pret' damn good. smile.gif

Like... 'Ol Bojangles a'dancin'

On a 3-legged table-top,

Oh yeah,

Fetch the makins' and the re-bop!

Sweet Baby Jane!

That there - far table edge?

Has nothing 'neath it... but

Spit, sawdust and... air?

Nope,

Not - all the night through, oh

Lord no!

That rock-rollin' corner, why, she

Just never ... ever

Quite... hit the floor. :cool:

I'm PISSED! I was downloading earlier then left to run an errand. Came back thinking I'd be playing some SC2 smile.gif ......BUT NO it TIMED OUT

&^$!&@$&!$#@^! :mad:

because all you PEOPLE jammed on and caused it to slow down too much.

Although the blame is for those fools that didn't give the bandwidth up. They should be tared, feathered, and beaten!

So now I can't get back on tonight to DL and will go to bed sad and disappointed. :(

Oh well maybe tomorrow...

Thank you for getting back to us on the

problems. It's frustrating but much better

when someone let's you in on what's happening.

And you guys believed the IT guys ?

> points finger at Maddmatt and Moon and

yells...Noooooobs ! >

:-D

Madmatt, Moon,

Many thanks for all your efforts with this.

Have just managed to download this puppy in Holland in about 25 minutes at 60-70/KB sec, not bad at all in the circumstances.

Now all I have to do is re-arrange the appallingly-timed family holiday which kicks off tomorrow!

Originally posted by Madmatt:

We warned them...oh god did we warn them, but people, especially those starched shirt IT guys (yeah the kind that I always thought were losers when I did that stuff for living)

I say cut their head off and put it on a platter.