Distributing the Peng Challenge In Europe: No Rest for the Wicked

Well, if there is such a thing as [sneer] House Rune [/sneer], then let I be he who shall challenge the [censored] namesake of it, and begin (continue?) its decline into House Ruin.

What say you Roon? I have slapped you in the face with a sodden spaghetti string...do you accept? Or will the Shavian House be treated to yet another of your non-games?

I eagerly don't care about your reply.

Squire to Sir Joe Shaw

Defender of Shavian House

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the aid of that lovable old Victorian Age Criminal Mastermind Moriarty the previous contents of this post has been wiped out from the face of the earth. Or at least the disk on the server.

Thank you.

[ July 12, 2002, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Geier ]

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by athkatla:

]Yuk, the name of Scumthorpe makes me want to vomit! On a lighter note, reading of your liking for motor cycles, and your apparent interest, or maybe previous residential occupancy in the local area, did you make a return visit to my town on Wednesday for our Annual Bike Night? Over 5,000 bikes in the town for an evening of, "ohh isn't that a Triumph Bonnaville", ale and rock bands, oh and fish and chips!

Ale, fish and chips AND 5,000 motorcycles... of course this marks out Scunthorpe as a place of reverie and discernment populated by poets and lucscious Lincolnshire biker-babes?

At total odds to the rundown heap that is Grimsby, that boil on a noble estuary that feeds the glories of Cleethorpes from where any fish 'n' chip connoisseur can satisfy their need at Steels or stroll along the front and breathe the sweet smell of mud.

And doesn't Grimsby Town FC know this to be true? Lest we forget that Blundell Park is not actually in Grimsby but in Cleethorpes? Forever nomads in the butt-end of Division One, whereas The Steel heroically champion their home crowd.

*sigh* now it could have been worse. It could have been Hull.

Yeknod o' tha Thistle and Defender of the Paddock</font>

Originally posted by CMplayer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I do believe that AthoverteaKettle is still an SSN ... don't even believe he's found enough support to be made Serf ...

That bit he wrote about his ancestral home of, what was it called? Scumthorpe? On the basis of that piece being so unbelievably weird and disconnected from all ordinary social intercourse, couldn't we rush his application through and make him pissboy?

Pissboy of a fictitious House, an X-house, a non house, a mere placeholder for misfits, a halfway house (halfway to Canturbury by the looks of it, wink wink, nudge nudge) I mean just a place where he can sit and think and scratch his pair and <big>be a part of the tourney.</big> Whuddaya say, pleeez ?

Only because otherwise I'd be in a bit of a jam. I already sent off the file.</font>

Originally posted by athkatla:

Oh my dear chap YEKKNOCKTHEDOORDOWN yet again you are slightly confused. I wasn't referring to my home town as Scumthorpe, heaven forbid, but that beautiful little town that sits on the bank of the River Humber, south of the ****ty of Hull, at the south end of the Humber Bridge. And whilst my heroes may be destined to wallow in the lower end of Division 1, the bunch of wannabees nicknamed "The Iron" will forever languish in the lower reaches of Division 3.

Barton-upon-Humber? Oh me gawd.

This one has fine credentials and some spunk too. To take on Me Lady with such brazen disregard for personal safety.

Though confused too, I may suggest, because didnot Scunthorpe soar to the upper end of that league? I think so, eighth. And didnot not Grimsby plummet to just three places above relegation?

I fear they will drop some more.

Yeknod o' tha Thistle and Defender of the Paddock

[ July 12, 2002, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Oh my dear chap YEKKNOCKTHEDOORDOWN yet again you are slightly confused. I wasn't referring to my home town as Scumthorpe, heaven forbid, but that beautiful little town that sits on the bank of the River Humber, south of the ****ty of Hull, at the south end of the Humber Bridge. And whilst my heroes may be destined to wallow in the lower end of Division 1, the bunch of wannabees nicknamed "The Iron" will forever languish in the lower reaches of Division 3.

Barton-upon-Humber? Oh me gawd.

This one has fine credentials and some spunk too. To take on Me Lady with such brazen disregard for personal safety.

Though confused too, I may suggest, because didnot Scunthorpe soar to the upper end of that league? I think so, eighth. And didnot not Grimsby plummet to just three places above relegation?

I fear they will drop some more.

Don't worry Yeknod, I've got my veterinary sword ready...just in case...

Persephone

Indeed my good man, you have finally got it right, Barton-upon-Humber is the place, and if you are such a motorcycle enthusiast as you say you are, why didn't you grace my good town on Wednesday night, along with the other 5,000 bikers? You are also right about the relevant positions of the two teams mentioned (tho I hesitate to refer to Scumthorpe as a football team), but that will always be the case. They will never rise above the Pride of Lincolnshire and I'll beat any one to death who says they will!

UP THE MARINERS

Well, I like the cut of this one - got an unpronouncable name, Northern and feisty and tends towards psychological imbalance. Have we checked the teeth? *sniff* I wish to recommend this one as serf and possible Squire to see how he fares and guide 'im Westwards, as it were. Justicar!, acknowledge.

Originally posted by Lars:

Oh very good my Liege. In the best traditions of the Pool as the actual game does not matter. I apologize for doubting you. Can't be too careful these days you know.

I will defend the Shavian House (we have to do something about that name, sounds like a barber shop) against the limpwristed gits of House Persiflage. and not just the limpwristed gits, the Head Limpwristed Git. That's right dalem, I'm calling you out. You will see a setup in your mailbox in the morning. We are going to have the Battle of the Hangovers.

I will win, of course.

I guess it's not a real tournament if I'm forced to play. "The tournament hurt at first, but then it began to feel really good. Too good for any star cheerleader to be proud of..."

I accept your challenge you Minnesotan lake-frolicker-on.

Originally posted by Mace:

I look forward to kicking your collective arses on the Eastern Front.

Mace

Excellent. Only that will take up to an additional 9 weeks. Try checking a calendar, you wonk. Or better yet, learn to read (I'll bet you just looked at the picture in that press release, didn't you?).

Or better yet, watch me slap you silly in the First Semi-Irregular Great CessPool House Tourney! A setup is on its way to you. Being the most integral component of Panzer Armee Khann, I shall play the Axis, you the Allies. Prepare to meet your downfall for the greater glory of House Persiflage and my superior tactical awareness.

Papa

P.S.

Does anyone else suspect Joe worked the term Irregular into the title of his tourney because he's having another one of those days?

Indeed my good man, you have finally got it right, Barton-upon-Humber is the place, and if you are such a motorcycle enthusiast as you say you are, why didn't you grace my good town on Wednesday night, along with the other 5,000 bikers? You are also right about the relevant positions of the two teams mentioned (tho I hesitate to refer to Scumthorpe as a football team), but that will always be the case. They will never rise above the Pride of Lincolnshire and I'll beat any one to death who says they will!

UP THE MARINERS

Well, I like the cut of this one - got an unpronouncable name, Northern and feisty and tends towards psychological imbalance. Have we checked the teeth? *sniff* I wish to recommend this one as serf and possible Squire to see how he fares and guide 'im Westwards, as it were. Justicar!, acknowledge.

Originally posted by Persephone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Don't worry Yeknod, I've got my veterinary sword ready...just in case...

Persephone</font>

Originally posted by ankle biter:

I am still proud to be a SSN who plagues your reverred (by you lot anyway) thread, and there is no way I will become anyones piss boy, so you can stick that where the sun don't shine!

Here's a hint: that pitter-patter on your head is not rain. You are right, you are not anyone's pissboy, you are everyone's pissboy. Whether or not you choose to hold up your bucket is a different matter.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Foul Red Jo...oh why do I bother.

Seanachai is my liege. Is it MY fault he never did much about the House?

How appropiate, F R J, that you should actually forget the senile, wordy one who started this whole mess. Seeing as you're getting so groggly of late. And now of all times, when he is away; trying to find wood faries or some such.

MrSpkr, I propose that we, both of the same house should challenge each other. An excellent oppourtunity to flaunt the legal loophole in the rules, as outlined by Shaw. Each of us can declare the other the winner, and thus garner double points for our noble Lord.

Plus, you just know it will piss-off Joe, and that's never a bad thing.

Don't be doing me any favours you southern poofter! Just because you have had some tentative connection with Lincolnshire, and happen to know that Blundell Park is the home of The Mighty Mariners don't make you one of my mates, ok?
*honk* definitely D.H. Lawrence stuff here, give us a ferret.

[ July 12, 2002, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Originally posted by Buzzsaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ankle biter:

I am still proud to be a SSN who plagues your reverred (by you lot anyway) thread, and there is no way I will become anyones piss boy, so you can stick that where the sun don't shine!

Here's a hint: that pitter-patter on your head is not rain. You are right, you are not anyone's pissboy, you are everyone's pissboy. Whether or not you choose to hold up your bucket is a different matter.</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Don't be doing me any favours you southern poofter! Just because you have had some tentative connection with Lincolnshire, and happen to know that Blundell Park is the home of The Mighty Mariners don't make you one of my mates, ok?

*honk* definitely D.H. Lawrence stuff here, give us a ferret.

Oh, hey up, another doddering old fool has seen me as a bit of sport for his Saturday evening. Well BuzzBomb I had a word with my #2 dog, Paddy, who incidentally wasn't too chuffed about being woken up at this time of night, and he assures me that you are not worthy, and he should know. You see he is a cross between a Golden Labrador (his mother) and a Saturday night back alley job (his father) which makes him a mongrel, and as you may, or may not know, mongrels are all knowing in the dog world. So consider yourself revealed as the imposter you are and revert back to type, i.e. grovelling at the feet of your master.

I am willing to accept the fact that you are more experienced with mogrels and especially with "Saturday night back alley jobs" than me. It really says a lot that you go to your dog for advice. He's probably the smartest member of your family. Maybe you can get him to post for you -- I'm sure he'd be more entertaining.

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

Excellent. Only that will take up to an additional 9 weeks.

9 weeks? A major issue for you, not a problem for me.

I just happen to be one of those CMBB beta-testers that you've no doubt read about. (you know: dashing, intelligent, good looking, great personality, witty, charismatic, and the sort of bloke the ewes just love being around).

Why I bet you're just wishing you'll be like me when you grow up (in the interim however feel free to grovel and paw at my feet).

Mace

PS the tournament will have to wait, busy, see above!

Originally posted by Buzzsaw:

Oh, hey up, another doddering old fool has seen me as a bit of sport for his Saturday evening. Well BuzzBomb I had a word with my #2 dog, Paddy, who incidentally wasn't too chuffed about being woken up at this time of night, and he assures me that you are not worthy, and he should know. You see he is a cross between a Golden Labrador (his mother) and a Saturday night back alley job (his father) which makes him a mongrel, and as you may, or may not know, mongrels are all knowing in the dog world. So consider yourself revealed as the imposter you are and revert back to type, i.e. grovelling at the feet of your master.

I am willing to accept the fact that you are more experienced with mogrels and especially with "Saturday night back alley jobs" than me. It really says a lot that you go to your dog for advice. He's probably the smartest member of your family. Maybe you can get him to post for you -- I'm sure he'd be more entertaining.</font>

UP THE MARINERS

Originally posted by R_Leete:

How appropiate, trying to find wood faries or some such.

MrSpkr, I propose

Umm, I'm taken. Very taken. Thanks for the invitation, though (not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing).

An excellent oppourtunity to flaunt the legal loophole in the rules, as outlined by Shaw. Each of us can declare the other the winner, and thus garner double points for our noble Lord.
Why would I want to garner points for the One who took in Mouse?

A good point. Send a set up. I trust you are from my branch of the House (you know, the part of the family tree that actually, umm, how do I put this, FORKS, aren't you?).

Steve

[ July 12, 2002, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by Mace:

9 weeks? A major issue for you, not a problem for me.

I just happen to be one of those [em]CMBB[/em] beta-testers that you've no doubt read about. (you know: dashing, intelligent, good looking, great personality, witty, charismatic, and the sort of bloke the ewes just love being around).

Why I bet you're just wishing you'll be like me when you grow up (in the interim however feel free to grovel and paw at my feet).

Mace

PS the tournament will have to wait, busy, see above!

Tarnation! Just like an Aussie to go and pull a (shudder) valid excuse out of his pocket. Curses!

Ok, Mace, you're off the hook. Temporarily. Now back into your cell and no more poking your head out until CM:BB beta is closed.

Papa

... MrSpkr, I propose that we, both of the same house should challenge each other. An excellent oppourtunity to flaunt the legal loophole in the rules, as outlined by Shaw. Each of us can declare the other the winner, and thus garner double points for our noble Lord.

Ah you mistake me R_Leete! I find this sort of thing EXACTLY in keeping with the spirit of the First Semi-Irregular Great CessPool House Tourney. Just the sort of skullduggery I'd counted on in fact.

Joe