Kinda worried now about my pre-order

Becket

Originally posted by redwolf:

Charging the credit card for something that is known not to be shipped for some time should be a strict no-no, shouldn't it?

My company usually waits until the product is in the hands of UPS before we bill or run credit cards.

However, I don't see anything wrong with the practice if the company in question gives notice of this policy beforehand. Which BFC did.

Originally posted by redwolf:

Charging the credit card for something that is known not to be shipped for some time should be a strict no-no, shouldn't it?

This is the whole reason that BFC said they weren't sure if they would do pre-orders. And half the board went crazy stating that as long as they were informed, they'd pre-order anyway. They probably started the pre-order 2 or 3 weeks before ship only to give production enough lead time.

If you received no confirmation email but your credit card was charged, I wouldn't worry too much as it sounds like your order went through. Probably you misspelled your email address is the reason you didn't receive a confirmation.

If you misspelled your shipping information, then I would be worried. smile.gif

Keith

Hi there,

If you did not get a response then either your order didn't go through or the email for whatever reason did not get to your inbox. sales@battlefront.com should be able to confirm this. It might take a day or two to get a response though.

Redwolf, it is perfectly legal to charge a credit card prior to ship out as long as a) it is stated up front and B) it is not an unreasonable length of time. Generally that time period is considered to be longer than a month, but there is no hard and fast rule. I had a multi thousand dollar computer purchase charged weeks before it actually shipped, for example. If they didn't deliver, then they would either have to refund or be guilty of fraud.

As it is, our ordering system can not (easily) take delayed charge orders. So it was really a choice between taking preorders or not. And I can tell you, I personally was in Hell for 3 solid days because of the problems associated with delayed charging for CMBO's preorders. You'd be surprised how many credit cards go "bad" or address change even within one month!!

Steve

Guest Panzer Boxb

It is my understanding that most credit card organizations have a policy that states a product must be shipped within 30 days of the card being charged.

It really depends on the company I believe. If they state it will take 4 weeks and you want to o ahead with it then do it. Personally if I know the time period would be that long I would call the company and arrange for something else. In that time the company could get the money from the CC and fold. Leaving me with a nice big CC bill and no product.

If you want a horror story. Check out these morons. I tried buying some things from them. Amazingly fradulent.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1992.html

LW