CMHQ: "Field & Stream" - 150+MB's of Scenic Beauty!

Philippe Divine and Gordon Molek, In Association With CMHQ; Proudly Presents: "Field And Stream" - The Natural CMBO Terrain Collection For CMMOS!

A BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO F&S

F&S was first brought to the attention of the CM Community back in November 2001. It is the result of many hours of hard work put in by Philippe and Gordon, who have painstakingly converted, virtually all of CMBO's terrain mods into CMMOS format.

WHAT IS F&S?

At its heart, F&S will now allow you to switch effortlessly between the many various terrain mods that you have installed in your CMBO BMP folder. The pack comes complete with its own RuleSets for - "Leaves of Grass", "Shrubbery", and (no sniggering at the back!) "Wet and Wild". Also, over the coming weeks we will be bringing you even more terrains to add to CMMOS, including - "Winter Wonderland" -- the F&S package for Winter (snow covered) scenary.

Just a few of the many terrains that come with "Field and Stream"

fands.jpg

IS IT WORTH GETTING?

You betcha! Unless of course, you'd rather carry on swapping your terrain mods "by hand".

WHERE CAN I GET?

CMHQ of course!

WHO'S RESPONSIBLE FOR F&S?

That would be:

Representing The CMMOS/F&S Team: Philippe "Da Man" Divine, and Gordon "You WILL Be CMMOSIZED!" Molek

Representing The CMHQ Team: "Madmatt", Mark "Manx" Manning, and "Super" Ted Quincey.

Finally, an extra SPECIAL THANKS to all the Mod-Makers whose work has been included in this first F&S release. Without all their hard work and dedication, there would be no need for a pack such as F&S, nor for that matter, CMMOS itself.

ENJOY FIELD & STREAM!

[ February 07, 2002, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Manx ]

Sorry but not everyone is riding the Happy Fat Pipe of bandwidth and can suck down 150 megs in one gulp nor would everyone neccesarily WANT all those mods, so we decided to break them up like this which gives you the maximum control over grabbing what you want. Besides just use a download manager like DAP which lets you *leech* all the file links off any page and it will do the work for you.

Madmatt

Utter foolishness I say! Another such release of modsluttiness may very well push the universe over the edge! And then what you ask? Well, the Earth will go flinging off its orbit and into deep space! Within precious years our residual heat will be drained away by the cold blackness of vile space! Unwarmed by the sun and all the smiley faces I drew on it in second grade, the planet will doomed! Doomed! And what of brother Moon!? WHAT OF BROTHER MOON!!!???

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Sorry but not everyone is riding the Happy Fat Pipe of bandwidth and can suck down 150 megs in one gulp nor would everyone neccesarily WANT all those mods, so we decided to break them up like this which gives you the maximum control over grabbing what you want. Besides just use a download manager like DAP which lets you *leech* all the file links off any page and it will do the work for you.

Madmatt

Huh, DAP (the free version) does this ?? I use it, never saw that ...

I was not asking for a big file INSTEAD of the small ones, but IN ADDITION .. smile.gif

I however realized that a FTP utility also allows for quick dload of entire directories, so I suppose I'll manage that ! ;)

Thx again, anyway, for this great work !

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

Madmatt

Huh, DAP (the free version) does this ?? I use it, never saw that ...

I was not asking for a big file INSTEAD of the small ones, but IN ADDITION .. smile.gif

I however realized that a FTP utility also allows for quick dload of entire directories, so I suppose I'll manage that ! ;)

Thx again, anyway, for this great work !</font>

The link for Gunnergoz' Spring Speckled Grass does not seem to be working. I've tried several times this morning, either by left-click or right-click and "save target as." Check it out, please.

Superb program, and thanks a bunch.

All downloaded right now, pretty slick. However the Gunnergoz Spring Speckled Grass link does not work. It points to "Gunnergoz Fall Spring grass.zip". Should link to "Gunnergoz Spring Speckled grass.zip", which works. Other than that, a very good collection!

[ February 07, 2002, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: mPisi ]

Hi Manx,

Great modset! Thanks to all involved.

Some comments:

1. Gunnergoz Spring Speckled Grass is still down

2. Gunslinger's Water link takes me to an internal directory listing of the website

Thanks again for all the work.

Jonah

(edited to remove a question that I figured out)

[ February 08, 2002, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Jonah ]

Has anyone else had a problem with the grass mods? I downloaded the muddy, the Magua Normandy and the gunnergoz Normandy - I went to apply the gunnergoz grass (I already had Normandy installed from before) with CMMOS, and the only thing that changed was the "background" tile - the one that you see from the mapedge to the horizon. I went into the bmp folder, and physically clicked on a couple of the files, and it appeared that the switch was made correctly. I then went back into CMMOS and tried the muddy terrain and took a look at a sample map I had in the editor, and I noticed that the "background" tile, and some of the low terrain tiles (level 2) had changed, but the majority of the map (level 7 and higher) was still showing the Magua Normandy grass. Any ideas why?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Has anyone else had a problem with the grass mods? I downloaded the muddy, the Magua Normandy and the gunnergoz Normandy - I went to apply the gunnergoz grass (I already had Normandy installed from before) with CMMOS, and the only thing that changed was the "background" tile - the one that you see from the mapedge to the horizon. I went into the bmp folder, and physically clicked on a couple of the files, and it appeared that the switch was made correctly. I then went back into CMMOS and tried the muddy terrain and took a look at a sample map I had in the editor, and I noticed that the "background" tile, and some of the low terrain tiles (level 2) had changed, but the majority of the map (level 7 and higher) was still showing the Magua Normandy grass. Any ideas why?

Don't scare me like that, Michael ! I just retested all the Canadian scenarios on my hard drive with Magua's Normandy and Gunnergoz Normandy and had no trouble switching back and forth.

I know you're as thorough as my one-legged German thesis advisor and have already noticed this, but I'll mention it here for those who aren't aware of it. Magua's Normandy grass has a characteristic diagonal pattern that becomes screamingly obvious if you zoom out to the highest elevations and look straight down. It's purpose is to make the colors blend evenly from one grass tile to the next. Gunnergoz uses a different method in his Normandy grass, with tiles that are more uniform in appearrance at a higher altitude.

It's always possible that something in the RuleSet became corrupted in transmission, so you might want to try repeating the download. The other thing to do is to check the appropriate Rule in the RuleSet and the corresponding File in the FileList and see if you notice anything odd. The only other thing I can think of is that I've noticed that on some computers it is often a wise idea to make sure you have completely exited CM before you try using CMMOS to effect a switch. Now admittedly I'm a computer-primitive (I also believe in the Cargo cult), and I'm sure you already know this, but sometimes lack of caffeine and the excitement of a new toy...

Please let me know if you're still having problems. We'll find a way to fix this, even if it ain't broke.

Cheers,

Philippe

[ February 08, 2002, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Philippe ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gordon:

Michael,

I just tried gunnergoz's Normandy grass and it definitely worked.

Gordon

How did you access my computer? :confused: </font>