Patch ver 1.02 suggestions

In regard to Engineers and Barb Wire, if some of them could be assigned Bangalore Torpedoes or some other device to cut through Barb Wire, I think this would add a new dimension to the game.

Currently, in Town sieges, smart players put wire in front of a buidling and a SMG squad at the rear of the building and *dare* u to try and get in.

This would give the Attacker a reasonable tool to counter this tactic.

Regards,

Voxman

Flamethrowers have their limits!

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Voxman:

This would give the Attacker a reasonable tool to counter this tactic.

You mean other than using a flamethrower on the building?</font>

Originally posted by Voxman:

Currently, in Town sieges, smart players put wire in front of a buidling and a SMG squad at the rear of the building and *dare* u to try and get in.

Ok, using guns to demolish the building under those circumstances would not be gamey, but more like counter-gamey. ;)

Converting m/s to km/h in unit info screen would be great.. Alternatively, converting mph to feet/s would be fair enough tongue.gif

Ability to give *additional* waypoints to groups would be nice. When your platoon's reaching their destination, you have to invidually select each squad and give them a new destination. Alternatively, order them to halt and order a new move with the delay penalty.

Okay maybe no T-35 or Lee/grant (sob), but a T-28 (or two) (hell let it have 2 fixed BMGs) would be wonderful. Please...

There really were a lot more of them built than many other vehicles in the game, and they were probably about as numerically important as T-34s and KVs in June 1941. smile.gif

Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

I would like to see solution to the issue on detailed armour hit message in EFoW. smile.gif

Turn them off? I don't think these detract from EFoW anyway. While it does give you more information than what you might gather in RL, it doesn't really affect the gameplay in this case. I think that you could make the same argument about the targeting line, which gives a hit % and a description on the likelyhood of a kill.

Originally posted by Wol:

Okay maybe no T-35 or Lee/grant (sob), but a T-28 (or two) (hell let it have 2 fixed BMGs) would be wonderful. Please...

There really were a lot more of them built than many other vehicles in the game, and they were probably about as numerically important as T-34s and KVs in June 1941. smile.gif

Actually sweet FA T-28's were built - about 500, and in 1941 they weren't anywhere near as common place as T34's!!

You are so sure?

According to Zaloga, he gives 'Mechanized equipment of the RKKA on 22 June 1941' as including

508 KV (all types)

500 T-28

967 T34

So There are as many T-28 as alll types of KV (and necessarily more T-28 than KVI or KVII separately), and half as many T-28 as T-34 (all marks). This seems like a pretty significant number to me! And in addition, crews had time to learn how to use them (the last 12 being built in 1940), and they had time to iron out many of its mechanical deficiencies.