The Trial of Slapdragon

I'm a simple man. I get up in the early afternoon, have myself a 'wake-me-up' cup of tea and whiskey, and then go about my day of returning turns, posting in the Peng Challenge Thread, and reading the Combat Mission Forums.

But lately, I'm bemused.

There is, lately, a great number of angry and otherwise soddingly useless posts indicating that within our communal midst is a person...nay, creature of great horror.

Slapdragon is the Beast with '666' printed on his forehead who is mentioned in all these angry, off-topic, and utterly useless posts.

Justice must be done.

Neither the Combat Mission Forum, nor the General Forum are the venues for this sort of investigation.

The only adequate venue is the Peng Challenge Thread.

Here, we will assign judges, impanel a jury, appoint prosecutors and defense attorneys, and proceed against Slapdragon to the full extent of the Board!

For the first time, the testimony and even 'participation' of Outer Board members will be accepted within the Peng Challenge Thread, at least insofar as it regards the Trial of Slapdragon!

What does this mean for the Forum?

Simply this: If the people who keep showing up time after time in threads where Slapdragon posts don't show up to convict him, everyone will be excused from ignoring and abusing them. Conversely, if they can build a solid case as to how Slapdragon is the very 'Essence of Evil', Slappy will abase himself in his contrition, and offer proper penance as determined by 'The Court'.

We of the Peng Challenge are the Court. We shall oversee the Trial of Slapdragon. We're not only the best venue for this trial, but the only fair hearing his opponents are ever going to get. Because we're on the Combat Mission Forum. Some of them can't reply anywhere else.

Also because we are 'Way Cool'.

My young nephews told me I should add that...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seanachai, Slapdragon may be the one on trial for his life, but why do I hear steel balls rattling in your hands?

I suspect this thread willnae last long, but shall be interesting nonetheless. Personally, I'm here as a witness for the accused, but I'll chime in later if this survives.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Seanachai, Slapdragon may be the one on trial for his life, but why do I hear steel balls rattling in your hands?

I suspect this thread willnae last long, but shall be interesting nonetheless. Personally, I'm here as a witness for the accused, but I'll chime in later if this survives.

You sodding Canadian pillock, this thread cannot last long.

The Trial of Slapdragon will take place within the Peng Challenge Thread.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

The Trial of Slapdragon will take place within the Peng Challenge Thread.

Hand me the black cap, I shall be needing that.

- General Anthony Cecil Hogmany Melchett

I love a fair trial.

- Captain Edmund Blackadder

[ May 12, 2002, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Besides all that we know that the trial is a sham: to wit (using Splap-dragon slang [yeah I've been arrested before] and I know yourt writ Slapdragon has already been stamped with the seal of "GIT" and besides all that, we ALL know he is made of straw. The only trial worth its salt would be one involving gasoline and matches.

I think he's finally snapped, after being reprimanded, and displaying contrition, for inviting individual outerboarders into the MBT, Seanachai has now invited the entire outerboard in.

{edit- you know why}

[ May 12, 2002, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: Speedy ]

Originally posted by Speedy:

I think he's finally snapped, after being reprimanded, and displaying contrition, for inviting individual outerboarders into the MBT, Seanachai has now invited the entire outerboard in.

{edit- you know why}

Bugger off, you Aussie lackwit! Not that I don't respect and admire you...

Judges are needed in this trial. We need an uninvolved Grog of Good Standing, and I would beg the indulgence of BTS to send us an unnamed, never to be unmasked, vote never to be made public, Judge.

When the Trial of Slapdragon is finalized, the vote of the BTS judge will be known to no one, other than the Olde Ones of the Peng Challenge Thread.

And we don't make idle conversation with fecking idjits.

Seriously.

<font size="-1">I'm a simple man.</font>

Correction, Simpleton

<font size="-1">The only adequate venue is the Peng Challenge Thread.

Here, we will assign judges, impanel a jury, appoint prosecutors and defense attorneys, and proceed against Slapdragon to the full extent of the Board!</font>

You can bloody well sod off Seanachai! You'll be damned and slow roasted in Hell long before I allow one of MINE to be tried by the likes of you

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

<font size="-1">I'm a simple man.</font>

Correction, Simpleton

<font size="-1">The only adequate venue is the Peng Challenge Thread.

Here, we will assign judges, impanel a jury, appoint prosecutors and defense attorneys, and proceed against Slapdragon to the full extent of the Board!</font>

You can bloody well sod off Seanachai! You'll be damned and slow roasted in Hell long before I allow one of MINE to be tried by the likes of you</font>

If it please the court, your most honorable heinous Seanachai. The people (grogs), petition the court to allow for televised (cross-thread posting), coverage of the trial.

A proceeding of this magnitude is of great importance to the denizens of this forum. In as much as the congested conditions of the Peng thread (ghetto sprawl), do not allow for large audience gatherings we the people, (decent grogs) demand access to this monumental event.

We appeal to the prudence of the court to ensure that all our people receive the benefit, (titillating exhilaration) of this proceeding equally.

Good to see that he's reading the 'Thread' that he swore he'd never read, given that it 'originated' in Texas.

Thank you for proving my simpleton point.

This ain't the Mutha Beautiful (which from what Persephone tells me, you may have put the coffin nail into). Very nice of you to invite the riff raff in. Not even your cowardly attack on The House of Berli will force me into Texas