Why Join a Clan?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Digger_Smith:

Consider enlisting in the Desert Rats CM Platoon(clan). Clanwars, rank, medals, battle reports, ladder,player support and more.

Seems a fair enough idea if people want to join (and looking at the site, enough do). Personally, I could never see any point for what is a 1v1 game.. the whole clan/squad thing only seemed to have a point for team games. Not to mention that all the pseudo-rank and medal stuff is likely to be a huge turn-off for your average CM player. Still not for me to judge, and if it gets people playing and talking about the game, a CM clan scene can only be a good thing.

Oh, but there are clans here already : didn't you see

* The Peng clan, no need to tell more

* The statistics-jerks clan (see "AI cheats thread" ;) )

* Rexford clan - those who knows instantly what's the penetration of a semi-rotten 50L42 APCBC round manufactured 3 Jul 42 striking a T-34 opening hatch (opening speed = 0.025 m/s), on a cool September day, 17°C, humidity 72%... :D:D

Apart from that, away kiddies, back to your RTS ! :rolleyes:

To Micheal emrys,

I to was born and raised here in the south, but thank god I haven't come to the believe that the Klan were at one time upstanding people when in fact they were nothing but terrorist, who oppressed the blacks, and anyone else who did'nt follow thier believes, they are biggots and racist and give the south a bad name, and also make people who live here look like ignorant hill billy's, and that is fact, and history proves this

Oh one more thing, like I said before this is not the place for this my apologies to Battlefront and other fellow forum users, but I had to open my mouth and not let people think that all of us from the south think the klan at anytime were " upstanding people of the community" From now on CMBB issues only, again my apologies

Not to mention that all the pseudo-rank and medal stuff is likely to be a huge turn-off for your average CM player.
Quite correct you are sir, I can't think of anyone with half a brain who would pay any attention to those stupid ranks and titles ... it's immature and silly.

Joe

> Oh, but there are clans here already : didn't

> you see

> * The Peng clan, no need to tell more

> * The statistics-jerks clan (see "AI cheats

> thread" )

> * Rexford clan

We need a good old fashionned Clan War methinks to put the Pengers in their place. smile.gif

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

* Rexford clan - those who knows instantly what's the penetration of a semi-rotten 50L42 APCBC round manufactured 3 Jul 42 striking a T-34 opening hatch (opening speed = 0.025 m/s), on a cool September day, 17°C, humidity 72%...

A Clan of One.

Sorry Michael, I know I shouldn't speak for others, but sometimes I can't resist -

Tracer - you completely missed Michael's point. The point wasn't that the Klan isn't completely bat**** loony. The point was that the Klan membership, especially in its heydays after the Civil War and in the early part of the 20th Century, wasn't all a bunch of po white trash who sat around in their trailer homes ruminating about how the neeee-gro done up and stole their jobs at the beef jerky factory. The Klan encompassed members from every segment of society. Hell, Nathan Bedford Forrest was the first Grand Wizard of the Klan.

Originally posted by tracer:

To Micheal emrys,

I to was born and raised here in the south, but thank god I haven't come to the believe that the Klan were at one time upstanding people when in fact they were nothing but terrorist, who oppressed the blacks, and anyone else who did'nt follow thier believes, they are biggots and racist and give the south a bad name, and also make people who live here look like ignorant hill billy's, and that is fact, and history proves this

I don't think you read my post carefully enough, tracer. My point was that it wasn't just the trailer trash hillbillies that were racist bigots. Racism was so pervasive that it penetrated even those classes who fancied themselves above "vulgar considerations."

Ease up, boy, I'm on your side.

smile.gif

Michael

yeah Micheal, I think I might have missed your point, just that the klan is a touchy point down here these days,and when you see these talk shows and such portraying the people here in the south as being ignorant hill billys and klan members, it just gets under your skin. But like I've wrote earlier, this is'nt a CMBB issue anyway, and we all have something in common on this forum, we are wargamers, so let's have fun and wargame! ;)

...just that the klan is a touchy point down here these days,and when you see these talk shows and such portraying the people here in the south as being ignorant hill billys and klan members, it just gets under your skin.
I'm sorry to hear that. The last time I was in the South was in the winter of '71-'72 and it was already clear to me that in the nearly ten years since I had lived there that much had drastically changed. It seemed that a whole new generation had sprung up from somewhere whose views were much closer to my own than even members of my own generation. If that has held true, then they deserve recognition. I know exactly how hard it was to try to buck the tide in my own time.

Michael

[ November 02, 2002, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]