Release date

Originally posted by Ligur:

I'v tried for so long now Ligur, I just can't do it anymore. It feels like I am blocking to much of my self by denying it. Though I'm not on the barricades I secretly long to be one of those with less restraint going, now now, more more, bone bone!

M:)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What´s that I hear? The release has been postponed to Q3 ?!? :mad: This cannot be true. This musn´t be true. :( Surely BTS is kidding us, and they´ll give an surprise announcement next week "Your agony is over..." In many ways this is not an ideal world, and this piece of news depresses me even more...

tongue.gif

Guys, when it's ready it's ready. Those of us who were around when CMBO was pending know enough to just sit tight until the release. BTS knows what they are doing and they have their priorities straight -- build a quality game, release it as quickly as possible, and support it properly once it hits the streets.

You know, I wouldn't be impatient either about waiting for CMBB if it weren't for the following picture in my mind of the average BTS staff member's workday:

9:45am-finally wake up to celebratory phone call from stock broker

11 AM-peel into BTS lot with late model Jaguar

11:10 AM-After checking to see how many tens of thousands of CMBOs have shipped to customers, light up Cuban and head for desk

11:20 AM Boss comes in and suggests trip to Starbucks

12:30 AM On way back from Starbucks, stop at McDonalds

12:55 AM While eating Big Mac & shake, read earnest little pleas from would be CMBB players and laugh so hard shake comes flying out of nostrils

1:35 PM On way back from home changing shirt see that local bar has drink specials

1:50 PM Mention to boss that local bar has drink specials

1:51 PM head for local bar with drink specials

8:45 PM Order pizza while at local bar

9:20 PM While in restroom reflect briefly on day's accomplishments-key word here briefly

11:50 PM head back to office for LAN party

3 AM call hapless order fulfillment lackey to drive staff home in their late model Jaguars and Porsches and Lamborghinis. (the ones that don't yet have chaufeurs)

8 AM catch early flight to Cancun for some much needed vacation time at BTS private island

10 AM Call hapless order fulfillment lackey from plane to see how many tens of thousands of Combat Missions have shipped that day

3 PM while sipping Pina Colada on beach, dictate memo to hapless office assistant on delay of CMBB shipping date to Q4 2003. . .

;):D;)

Originally posted by MacFreeman:

You know, I wouldn't be impatient either about waiting for CMBB if it weren't for the following picture in my mind of the average BTS staff member's workday:

9:45am-finally wake up to celebratory phone call from stock broker

11 AM-peel into BTS lot with late model Jaguar

11:10 AM-After checking to see how many tens of thousands of CMBOs have shipped to customers, light up Cuban and head for desk

11:20 AM Boss comes in and suggests trip to Starbucks

12:30 AM On way back from Starbucks, stop at McDonalds

12:55 AM While eating Big Mac & shake, read earnest little pleas from would be CMBB players and laugh so hard shake comes flying out of nostrils

1:35 PM On way back from home changing shirt see that local bar has drink specials

1:50 PM Mention to boss that local bar has drink specials

1:51 PM head for local bar with drink specials

8:45 PM Order pizza while at local bar

9:20 PM While in restroom reflect briefly on day's accomplishments-key word here briefly

11:50 PM head back to office for LAN party

3 AM call hapless order fulfillment lackey to drive staff home in their late model Jaguars and Porsches and Lamborghinis. (the ones that don't yet have chaufeurs)

8 AM catch early flight to Cancun for some much needed vacation time at BTS private island

10 AM Call hapless order fulfillment lackey from plane to see how many tens of thousands of Combat Missions have shipped that day

3 PM while sipping Pina Colada on beach, dictate memo to hapless office assistant on delay of CMBB shipping date to Q4 2003. . .

;):D;)

If I could afford to drive a Jaguar, I could afford never have to enter a McDonald's 'restaurant' again for the rest of my natural life....I am sure Steve and Charles start each day with steak and eggs; if not, they ought to.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

You know call me trailer trash, but I think that regardless of how rich I ever get, I will always love a McDonalds cheeseburger. I mean come on, they are YUMMY! I know you agree...

Note to self

for future reference....

Panzer Leader = Trailer Trash

-tom w

I hope it would not take as long for CMBB as was CMBO.

I would hope that the release of CMBB will have no upgrades as they tried with CMBO. If I remember right the upgrade was to give us TCP ability for they could have waited till it was done but us (Joe public) did not want to wait.

My fingers are definitely crossed for a June release. Early July is about as long as I can stand to wait. But trust me, those of us who were biting our nails and pulling our hair out during CMBO's development are feeling a lot of deja vous.

:D

Darryl

Yes.. I found CMBO a month or so after its release and then soon after ordering read the messages about how they were understocked or something and had to wait a bit for my cd.. Didn't come fast enough I tell ya!

It was great.. I downloaded the demo like at 1am and tried it.. ok seems real nice.. getting my but kicked I'll try tomarrow.. Woke up and around 5pm I started it up.. I slaughtered the enemy.. killed almost all his units took all flags and lost very few.

I then called up a few friends told them about it and promptly ordered my copy. When it came I just sat there watching the intro movie over and over and over while reading the manual.. I've read that thing front to back over time hehe. I cannot wait till CMBB comes out.. I just hope they dont do what other companies do and make the manual a PDF file :(

I WANT THE GAME!!!!! or beta tongue.gif And a big manual smile.gif