whisky to die by?

I have been playing for a few weeks, new combo pack, wonderfully addictive and frustrating game here gents, kudos to BTS. Takes me back to my table top days.. ahhhh ASL, Avalon Hill, but much better. Love the mods.

However I have found that I have quickly emptied my once full stock of single malt, hence my board name, as I pick my way through masses of russian corpses, cowering green units and smoking tank hulls.

Actually almost ventured into the cesspool to issue a challenge one night after empying my last bottle, thought twice and went outside and relieved myself on some shrubbery while I practiced my witty insults on a street urchin instead ... small steps first I guess.

Anyway gents my stock is gone any suggestions for a nice sinle malt to ease the bitter taste of defeat?

Looking forward to some PBEM soon once I get a better handle on the russian tank tactics.

BTW anyone named the large round red welt you get on your forhead from smashing it against your desk in frustration?

Cheers

Well, if I'm winning I like Edradour. Smooth, tasty and puts you in a nice celebratory mood. But, if things are taking a turn for the worse a sip of Talisker will either wake me from tactical slumber or punish me for getting there in the first place...

Bottoms up,

carl

Well damn, it's tough to beat Oban, which is one of my perinnial favorites. Well, let's see since you drink Oban I will reason that you like your Scotch's with a good peat flavour with the right amount of smokiness.

Have you tried Balvenie? I find it's a pretty nice scotch to pass away a night with CMBB/BO. But it's a very rich, dark scotch and should probably be watered down a touch even if you drink scotch neat. Personally I take it with a few rocks and let it melt down for 5-10 min...usually perfect about then :D

Ditto on the Lagavulin. My favorite smoky, peaty scotch. Glenmorangie is OK as well, but I just got a bottle of Lismore and was very pleased.

While I usually do not go in for the blends, I do dip into my dad's Johnny Blue when I'm visiting, and must say it's really good stuff, but hardly worth the $150+ price tag.

Don't be insulted when this is moved to the General Forum.

Put me down for a hearty recommendation of Laphroaig.

You can do a search in the general forum and you will come up with numerous threads on this very issue.

Oh yea, welcome to your new obsession.

Guest Sgt. Emren

Malcolm,

That's very funny!!! Really, that's why kids shouldn't drink. Never mind the health hazards directly and indirectly related to drinking, it's the risk of spoiling one Life's greatest enjoyments too soon that should be warned against.

Oh, and put me down for a Glenfiddich, Macallan or Laphroaig. Straight up, of course, none of that ice-and-water sissy cocktail mixing...

Haven't tried an Oban, but I guess I will next time!

[ December 07, 2002, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Sgt. Emren ]

Do a search for "alt.booze.panzer" and you will find much wisdom.

Otherwise, Laphroaig for the smoke, Highland Park for the smell of sea air, Glenmorangie for the vanilla, Auchentoshan for the taste of roasted marshmellows, Cragganmore for the subtlety.

Drink...and be merry.