forwarding CMBB to the UK

daveiw

Hello to all, particularly our American cousins. ;)

I was wondering whether anyone in the US would be kind enough to order a copy of CMBB and forward it to me in the UK on release?

There I've said it now. smile.gif

If anyone would seriously consider this act of kindness, please email me and let me know?

PS September the 20th REALLY is my birthday, so please help?

MTIA,

Dave.

Hi Dave.

John aka Tiger is arranging my copy. The technique we are using is for me to purchase the game from BFC with my C/C and ship it to his home address.

He then forwards it to me & I order him goods to be delivered to him from Amazon (US) to the equivalent value of his postage costs.

He works for Fed-Ex and anticipates the shipping to be $14, he gets a staff discount and will forward it priority mail.

Your can mail him at jshki@bellsouth.net, I'm sure he'll help.

I think the problem is everyone in the UK listening to 2 weeks of posts going "Game is Brilliant", "Game is Great", "Who wants to play me on scenario XXXX" and chewing through their keyboards in frustration smile.gif

I can wait, like everyone else. I just don't want to - again, like everyone else. smile.gif

Check me if I'm wrong here but I don't figure to be holding the game in my hands on Sept. 20th. I thought that was the ship date if everything goes perfectly. Which would have it in my hands about 2 weeks later (CM:BO is used as my gage) which would be.....Oct. 4th.

Yeah I'm doing this for Rex_Bellator aka Gary S. and David H. in the UK.

I expect it will take 3-4 days once the orders get shipped to arrive and I will turn around and fedex priority them either that day or the next (won't get my mail till I get off work late).

The cost of shipping is @ 13 or so $ for international priority.

I've got one more possible Brit doing this (Dave W.) and this is all I'll probably do for now.

regards,

John

[ September 12, 2002, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Tiger ]

I'm going to wait for my UK release version. Already pre-ordered online (via GAME) who have

confirmed the 4 Oct release date but say my copy will be sent out the day prior to release in the shops.

I dont know what the US mail is like but as the 20th is a Friday I would imaging it will be Mon or prob Tues at the earliest before orders arrive in the US ... then re-addressing and posting to UK or european locations .... wouldnt imaging you would get it before 30 Sept at the earliest.

Hi all

This just goes to show that (on the whole ;) ) this is a friendly and I must add well informed group. smile.gif
Yes I must agree as a number of US pals offered to buy or act as staging post for purchase of US version of CMBB.

However my ancestral Scots blood got better of me and I decided to purchase the cheaper Cdv version smile.gif

Maybe we UK/Euros will be able to respond in kind when CDV releases the 'definitive' version of a game which our US consumers pals will just have to have as soon as possible prior to 'inferior' BTS release !! ;):D

Cheers

wishing it was October 4th already

Gary, I'm sorry to let the Scots blood down but I have pre-ordered and paid the extra for next day delivery from Game.uk. Mind you, my hands were shaking from the thought of actually having to open my wallet!

Fitz

Ballyclare

Northern Ireland

Hi Fitz

Mind you, my hands were shaking from the thought of actually having to open my wallet!

:D:D

I have had Cmbb (sorry CM2) on order with SoftwareFirst.com (for what seems ages !) but still no firm date or price from them so I may go with Game also (much more sensible anyway as I have one of their discount cards).

Ballyclare eh ? good school there (on Rashee Road) of which I am a product (now well past sell by date though) smile.gif

Cheers

You're worried if you're getting the game in the UK by October 4th!

Damn, I really don't know when it's gonna come out here in Italy. Probably, we have to wait till mid october. :confused:

Quite depressing... I won't visit the forum from September 20th on, so I'll try to be as cool as possible.

Originally posted by Gary Barr:

Hi Fitz

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Mind you, my hands were shaking from the thought of actually having to open my wallet!

:D:D

I have had Cmbb (sorry CM2) on order with SoftwareFirst.com (for what seems ages !) but still no firm date or price from them so I may go with Game also (much more sensible anyway as I have one of their discount cards).

Ballyclare eh ? good school there (on Rashee Road) of which I am a product (now well past sell by date though) smile.gif

Cheers</font>

Hi Gary,

sorry, made a bit of a b*llocks of the last post. Anyway as I was going to say, It's a small world isn't it! I went there too. Hated it mind. I saw from your profile the year you were born, sorry had to pry. You might have been in the same year as my brother, Glenn Robinson. If you knew Glenn then don't hold that against me. :D

Cheers

Gregg aka Fitz

Hi Fitz

You might have been in the same year as my brother, Glenn Robinson.

Name rings a bell (but then so does Quasimodo smile.gif )

I wonder does he remember me !?

If he was on Rugby/Athletics/Basketball Teams then I would definately have known him (I would do anything to get out of class :D )

I do remember a Richard Robinson (a local BClare personage) any relation ?

Strange that we live a few miles apart with excellent telephone and road system but end up corresponding on this board, the joys of the internet eh !? smile.gif

Cheers