Is anyone doing tree mods?

This is only a very minor thing but for me (and we all have our own tastes) the tree foliage looks sort of 'emerald metallic' at times. Are there any mods out there of subdued trees (if that's the correct term in this case), or is anyone planning any (Tiger, DD, Kump etc.)?

While I think the CMBB terrain is MUCH improved from original CMBO I shall still be on the llok out for some terrain sets. Once modded with combos of DD, Tiger, Kump and Magua etc. my CMBO terrain looks spectacular.

[ October 23, 2002, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Originally posted by Apache:

This is only a very minor thing but for me (and we all have our own tastes) the tree foliage looks sort of 'emerald metallic' at times. Are there any mods out there of subdued trees (if that's the correct term in this case), or is anyone planning any (Tiger, DD, Kump etc.)?

While I think the CMBB terrain is MUCH improved from original CMBO I shall still be on the llok out for some terrain sets. Once modded with combos of DD, Tiger, Kump and Magua etc. my CMBO terrain looks spectacular.

Like this?

tree.jpg

Gorgeous Tanks.

I'm looking forward to down the line when folks like you, Fernando, Gordon, Marco, AndrewTF, et al stop letting real life and things like playing the new world's best game get in the way of making my CMBB as grand as my CMBO.

(Make no mistake though, stock CMBB is magnificent to begin with, which means higher highs when the Artists have had their say)

[ October 23, 2002, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Vergeltungswaffe ]

Just so you guys know, we were very careful to make sure that all trees in CMBB are spiecies native to Eastern Europe. They are modelled from a 3D package that allowed you too choose a particular species and grow them to a certain age and werent chosen at random. We were actually hoping to have more variety (particually more birch trees) but unfortuantely VRAM had the last word on that idea.

The mods look great Tanks a Lot.

Dan

[ October 25, 2002, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Just so you guys know, we were very careful to make sure that all trees in CMBB are spiecies native to Eastern Europe. They are modelled from a 3D package that allowed you too choose a particular species and grow them to a certain age and werent chosen at random. We were actually hoping to have more variety (particually more birch trees) but unfortuantely VRAM had the last word on that idea.

Dan

Thanks Dan. smile.gif

It's really hard trying to improve on the great work you've done. I'm just trying to make generic looking trees that could fit in anywhere.

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Dan

Those trees in CMBB look quite close to some trees here in southern Finland, but there is one thing that makes them look unreal. Trees in CMBB have leaf starting almost from ground, when real trees I can see from my window all (at leat 99%) don't have leafs below 1.5-2 meters.

Tree by Tanks a Lot looks nice, but not anything I have seen around here. Perhaps have to check out rest of trees when they are ready if there would be trees I can see from my window.