Hey BTS, is there going to be a "jump map" in CMBB?

Sorry. Too lazy to do a search.

I think this would be an excellent option. Hit a function key and get a small map with an overhead view of the entire map. Friendlys can be shown as blue dots, enemy as red. Then just "click" to where you want to go on the battle map. Kind of like the CC or Campain series (Talonsoft) jump maps for their games.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Try hitting the "8" key in CMBO or the soon to be "9" key (I surmise) in CMBB.

That's really not enough on the really large maps. I tend to get lost there too, sometimes.

Yeah, I know of the overhead view. But it's like the others have already stated in reguards to using it for what I am talking about.

In a mini map, or "jump map," that you could open up and close on demand would be a very nice addition to CMBB. Just think of all those times you forgot about that platoon over in the corner durring a big fight. A few turns later you think: Oh crap, I better see how B platoon's advance is going! , only to find they were wiped out a couple turns ago. A point and click jump map would solve this. You would see "dots" of all your units on the ENTIRE map and "dots" of all spotted enemy units as well. Then just click to where you want to go!

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Yabbut....Ben, then you have the arduous task of turning the camera around, if you click near the opposite edge of the map, in order to be able to see anything.

Whats so arduous about using the "/" key which instantly rotates the camera around 180 degrees?

Madmatt

Originally posted by Soddball:

Fair point. I didn't know about that one :D

*shame mode*

How long have you been playing CM again? :D Just kiding now don't be to shameful its just one of those, I didn't know things, like many things, BTS fix it or somefink!!!!!!

I found that one back in the beta demo! ;)

[ April 07, 2002, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

It is a very useful key indeed.

Now, I am happy to be corrected, but I think that in my copy of CM, the list of hotkeys says that pressing the slash key only works in the scenario editor.

In fact, the text for the slash key entry on the hotkeys list, IIRC, says something like "Switch sides. Scenario Editor only."

So its incorrectly and confusingly labeled, and you can be forgiven for not knowing that Switch Sides Scenario Editor Only means "rotate camera 180 degrees."

I am happy to be corrected.

Originally posted by Terence:

In fact, the text for the slash key entry on the hotkeys list, IIRC, says something like "Switch sides. Scenario Editor only."

So its incorrectly and confusingly labeled, and you can be forgiven for not knowing that Switch Sides Scenario Editor Only means "rotate camera 180 degrees."

I am happy to be corrected.

It is partly. In the scenario editor it swichs the camra views for battles. So when you start Axis forces and Allied forces aren't looking at the same part of the map.

Originally posted by Mattias:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

All things being relative it is less than optimal that I have to use both hands to make use of it, shift+7 (=/).

Different on a US keyboard?

--

M.</font>

Canadian, too. :D It's right under the Backspace key (top right).