CMMOS Poll

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

Oh, and, yes, for some reason, I've never been able to get the Mine Warning Sign working (rule 501, v30.01).

Did somebody else encounter this problem ?

Please send a copy of "CMMOSLog.txt" to "gordonemolek@earthlink.net" and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

Gordon

Hey Gordon,

I've been a faithful user ever since the first version.

I'm currently having some probs : not all the bmp's seem to get replaced when I switch between different mod sets.

I get a commonwealth tank with an American turret or a German HT with mono-color sides and camo front and back.

I've got screenshots to show you what I mean.

What am I doing wrong / should I do ?

Hello: My name is Bob Mercer and I'm a CM:BO mod slut. My hard drive is bulging with collections of mods, and I regularly revisit all CM sites hoping to find a mod I've overlooked before. I believe that CMMOS may offer some assistance in curing my addiction.

Everybody: Read the CMMOS documentation (at least the first couple of pages). Answered most of my questions on how to install CMMOS and what to do with the downloaded MOD files.

If you want a glimpse of what CMMOS is capable of, and you're comfortable reading DOS batch or Thrustmaster programmable joystick files, then keep on reading. Unlike the PC MOD Manager, you can create your own CMMOS mod sets and mix and match terrain sets, vehicle sets, uniform sets, you name it. It takes a little work up front, but it seems to offer greater security of MODS due to the bmp naming conventions CMMOS required.

Gordon: I'm astounded. Your documentation of your program was complete, accurate, and understandable. I was unaware that anyone still possessed the technical writing skills to do so. What impresses me more is the open ended fashion that CMMOS allows for the conversion of existing mods and the creation of new CMMOS compatible mods. The munge tool greatly simplifies that task. I truly hope that BTS and the Mod community understands what you've created and will support the naming conventions for future releases of CMMOS compatible Mods for CM:BO, CM:BB and the future.

Bob Mercer

Originally posted by Sgt_Kelly:

I get a commonwealth tank with an American turret or a German HT with mono-color sides and camo front and back.

I've got screenshots to show you what I mean.

What am I doing wrong / should I do ?

The commonwealth tank with an American turret is a texture-sharing issue (it's the same turret for all 75mm Shermans).

The German halftrack issue is one I haven't seen, so please e-mail me a screen shot and a copy of CMMOSLog.txt from when you've seen (or recreated) the problem and we'll get you straightened out.

Gordon

Bob,

Thanks for the kind words. The overriding design goals of CMMOS were that it be open ended and extensible, as well as "understandable" so that it could survive my being hit by a bus or withdrawing from the Combat Mission community for whatever reason.

I'm glad to hear that you feel it's met it's objectives.

Gordon

I am trying hard to use the CMMOS. I have not gotten it to work completely, but Gordon is being really wonderful at answering my clueless questions, and Im moving towards a fully operational CMMOS.

I'd like to take the opportunity to publicly thank Gordon for answering all my CMMOS questions. This man has the patience of a saint, and he is doing a real service to this community.

Thanks, Gordon!!!

Gordon,

I have been a lurker on this board since before Combat Mission came out. When I saw your survey posted here today, I took the time to register to post on this board for the sole purpose of responding to your question. Yes, I use CMMOS. It is excellent! I am ashamed to say, but will not download a mod if it is not CMMOS compliant. It is the only way to go! Thanks for all your hard work.

Tony