Early-war Soviet Winter Uniform MOD Released!

Available now at The CM MOD Database.

Weighing in at a semi-whopping 4.3 MB, this set includes winter uniforms for every early-war Soviet infantry unit (except partisans). You've seen the screenies--now go download it!!! :D

One last screenshot--Naval infantry advancing:

naval.jpg

Now, I'm not one to pat myself on the back and tell myself how great I am (at least not here in public ;) ), but I have to say that I even impressed myself this time. It looks way better in-game than in screenshots, BTW.

Originally posted by illo:

Andrew! Andrew! Have you abandoned these poor fellows?! Where is their winter gear?!

Of course not!!! It's just that there are approximately 15,000,000,000 different infantry uniform BMPs in CMBB, so you have to cut me a little slack if I haven't done them all at once... ;)

Originally posted by Commissar:

It looks great. What is the difference between the early war version of this uniform with the late war's? Will you be doing a late war version sometime down the line?

Early version has collar and pockets. Later version doesn't, plus it has shoulder boards. Kinda like difference between the two gymnastiorka tunics.

It will be pretty easy to work up a late-war version out of these. I'll also (eventually) make a white version.

smile.gif

Whilst on the subject of Russian uniforms one thing has been puzzling me slightly. Whenever I see pictures or movies, or even models of WW2 Russian infantry they always seem to be wearing that fabric roll type thing (don't know what it is) that's slung over one shoulder. I've seen this so often that I've got the impression that it was very common, yet none of the Russian infantry in CMBB seem to be wearing them. Furthermore no mods seem to represent this, and nobody has even mentioned it. Was it not as common as I seem to think?

They're great. I downloaded them this morning before I left to visit my parent for Christmas. I looked at them after I installed the mod in my game at home. Unfortunately I can't play CMBB for two weeks. It won't work all that well on this computer ( no fog, don't have CMMOS here, etc ). Already getting the SHAKES. Must fight urge... :mad: :mad: