CMBB in Canada yet??

Another day gone. How the F***K can someone in the Phillipines get their copy so fast and some of us in Canada never get their copy.

How hard is it to use FEDEX or UPS,(like most small companies) to get a product to a destination in three days.

Or how about a tracking number? :mad: :mad:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Matt has been helpful...but BFC loses money everytime a package is lost and they have to send a replacement. Sending a package via the same way as the lost package is another gamble.

Since the customer pays for the shipping anyway why can't it be sent by a courier. As with most people it is frustrating paying $100 cdn. and waiting 5 weeks for something to to arrive.

All I want to do is play the game. Is that fair enough ;)

[ October 22, 2002, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Hoopenfaust 101 ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wamphyri:

Hmm .. I got my copy in 2.5 weeks .. and i live in some little town in the middle of no-where here in Alberta.

CMBB .. YaY

ps. no customs for me

Winfield? Beiseker? Oyen? Hardisty? Balzac? Black Diamond? Turner Valley?</font>

Haven't gotten it either.

Thanks to the efficiency of Canada Customs, mail arrives quicker and more reliably in Outer Mongolia than Toronto, or so it would seem.

Curse you, Canada Customs, and the bureaucracy you rode in on!

Ok, I'm under control now.

kunstler

I am also still waiting for a game that was pre-orderd and my credit card has been billed and I have recently PAID that bill.

Matt was helpful and said he would ship another copy, and STILL I wait :( for either one of them to show up.

-tom w

[ October 28, 2002, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

YahOO!!

In got mine today!! My Preorder finally arrived, actually I think this is the replacement and it looks like it shipped on Oct 22.

Arrived in Burlington Ont. Canada

No Duty

No Tax

Just a Plain brown envelope and a manual and a game disk in the mail box :D !!!!!!

-tom w

Ordered: Sat. Oct. 12

Received: Mon. Oct. 28

16 days to get to Fort Smith, Northwest Territories!

Complete with green gift sticker and no customs duties.

I think I owe Hoop, Tom and others a big thank you.......your pain and resulting complaints seem to have prompted BTS to figure out how to best to cross the world's longest undefended border!

While I wait for the install to complete, I'll finish this post and raise a toast (Lagavulin) to the Canadian guinea pigs. Your brave pre-order did not go in vain.....

p.s. Hoop, if all else fails, I bought a second copy for an x-mas present......e-mail me and I'll send it to you. You can send me your replacement copy when BTS finally gets it to you.

Everyone lock arms and pray for Me and Tadpole to receive this gift from our beloved Customs of Canada. (or pray like the fellow in Temple of Doom: Um Num Shiva-Um Num Shiva)

I'm going on a business trip to Rochester NY, and I'll wear a great big grin when the customs agent has to actually touch my dirty underwear when looking for narcotics :D

on the way back. They give those guys so much power and I 'm happy to oblige when they ask me to open my luggage.

Then I'll ask: You wouldn't have happened to see about a half dozen brown envelopes lying around?

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

BTS being the gentlemen they are, shipped my copy via AIR MAIL and it landed in my lap this morning. :D:D:D:D

Thanks BTS for the replacement copy.

duty?

tax?

Thats GREAT news glad you got so close to mine arriving yesterday

who else here is still waiting???

:confused:

-tom w

well dn't lose hope. I got CMBB last week a couple of weeks after ordering, but I got Strategic command today after less than a week! And I had to go to the post office to pay customs on CMBB, but SC was just dropped in my mailbox.

Now from this small sample and making a few assumptions about the probability distribution that are best left unsaid, I would estimate that the rms time of arrival is about two weeks, so there IS a small non-negligible probability that the game could take 25 months to arrive...

Henri

Ordered mine on October 16th or so but I used a money order. I kinda lost my visa about ten years ago while sucking out the septic tank and have been too lazy to get another one. Never really needed it.

I'm thinking it'll take a few more weeks before it gets to Saskabush.

..sigh..