Full CMBB ASL interface - anyone wanna test/host?

Some in progress shots of the ASL interface...anyone interested in hosting. Not sure what the final totals of the zip files will be but depending on what the Army has planned for me this weekend I hope to get the initial version off for testing by Sunday night. Anyone interested in testing it let me know at madorosh@shaw.ca. Sorry, but no instant replies guaranteed!

[ October 07, 2002, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Thanks guys - and to the guys that emailed me. As stated, I won't have any zips til the weekend.

Little bump here for the day shift, too.

M. Bates complained about the weapons graphics not having any names attached to them, perhaps this will be easier on his eyes and sensibilities?

[ September 05, 2002, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Thanks guys - and to the guys that emailed me. As stated, I won't have any zips til the weekend.

Little bump here for the day shift, too.

M. Bates complained about the weapons graphics not having any names attached to them, perhaps this will be easier on his eyes and sensibilities?

Dorosh - I like what you've done with the weapon graphics. I'm not familiar with ASL, though it looks like a nice "board game" retro style.

As it happens, I have my own interface mod to be released this weekend. :D

Originally posted by M. Bates:

I am very eager to see this, Mr. Bates.

I've noticed that you have very definite opinions on the look of Combat Mission BB -- clearly you have spent a great deal of time thinking about it -- and I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor.

Originally posted by Wild_Bill:

I have an FTP site if you need space to host files. Zip up the mods and include a text description file in the ZIP and email it to billb@theblitz.org. The address for the FTP site is

Wild'>www.theblitz.org

that's very generous of you! I'll let you know when I have something to share.

M. Bates - that's great news, I look forward to seeing what you've come up with!

WAAAHH!! It's got hexes! Counters! Bits of Combat Results Tables! Tooo much!!!

Hey Michael, it's not really my trip, but I will say this. It's got a theme, and a concept, and the concept is continued throughout the interface, wherever possible. For that, it gets a 5.4 (out of 6) from the Russian judge. Nice work.

Originally posted by deanco:

WAAAHH!! It's got hexes! Counters! Bits of Combat Results Tables! Tooo much!!!

Hey Michael, it's not really my trip, but I will say this. It's got a theme, and a concept, and the concept is continued throughout the interface, wherever possible. For that, it gets a 5.4 (out of 6) from the Russian judge. Nice work.

Anyone who doubts that interface conversion is serious work hasn't tried it, eh? Thanks for the vote of confidence, it's unfortunate that the French judge got bribed...thickness of the counter, eh...hmmm......

It would appear one of the original artists for the ASL series has just emailed me....he seems docile for now... ;) (Luckily I credited him already on my GD site)....

Actually he says he has preordered CMBB and is looking forward to it. I posted here a few days ago that I wondered why we never heard from the SL/ASL designers and playtesters around here - well, now we've heard from at least one of them...

• 4 weeks later...

Michael,

I've used it on the demo for a while now (somewhere in the Pacific a Tom Hanks look alike is playing Wilson on a solar powered laptop with my pre-ordered copy of the game).

Anyway I found it great with the only exception being I prefer the CMBB location map (the satelite photo of which region). Can you tell me which BMP that is so I can swap it back?