CMBB PBEM Question for the masses

When I get my grubby little paws on the game, I'm going to play day and night for about six months by myself. I might challenge someone to a game after I figure out how those armor thingies move.

How many of you are going to actually play a human opponent within the first week?

Edit: I'm not creating a list of opponents, I'm just curious about how soon some of you will play a human.

[ August 21, 2002, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Please, kind sir, would you do me the honour of a PBEM game, please, sir? I know I am a pathetic namby-pamby Canuck, but I would be ever so grateful, sir.

Normally, I would reject a challenge so lacking in intestinal fortitude, bile, and venom. However, seeing that you ARE a Canadian, and kicking Canadians around is ALMOST as much fun as kicking Australians around (though for my money, nobody is as fun to kick as the French), you're on it.

Steve

P.S. No fair getting help from Panzer Pete in this one -- it's all up to you!

[ August 21, 2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Ofcourse I'm going to play a human opponent. Is there any other type? One cannot fully savor the sweet sense of victory when playing the AI. That point when light banter and conversation from ones opponent begins to peter off into silence as you dismantle their carefully chosen force and pulverize the last vestiges of hope they once held for their well designed battle plan.

Ah God help me, I love it so! :D

[ August 21, 2002, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Ofcourse I'm going to play a human opponent. Is there any other type? One cannot fully savor the sweet sense of victory when playing the AI. That point when light banter and conversation from ones opponent begins to peter off into silence as you dismantle their carefully chosen force and pulverize the last vestiges of hope they once held for their well designed battle plan.

Ah God help me, I love it so! :D

I talk just as much ****e whether i'm winning or losing. I prefer to play against similar opponents who like to play for fun regardless of their skill and who wins or loses.

Gaylord Focker wrote:

I talk just as much ****e whether i'm winning or losing. I prefer to play against similar opponents who like to play for fun regardless of their skill and who wins or loses.

Me too! Course, it does bring the high down a bit when your on the receiving end of a good butt wippin. Still, that is the best way to learn. At least it has been for me. AI schma-I, gimme a real person to match wits against.