hardcoding in CMBB

Any word on what is to be hardcoded (ie. 'shrek+zooks in CMBO) in CMBB? I am wondering about the building interiors in particular-it would be great to have bldng. interior mods as well as the nice coats of paint to the outside. It would also add quite a bit of atmosphere to urban fighting.

Anyone seen what the inside of the new bldngs look like at the CMBB git tigithers?

Here's hoping nothing is. I hated that the modders couldn't make the long pipe look more like an actual bazooka. I remember thinking when I first got the game - what the hell is that guy carrying a pipe around with him. Must be an engineer with a bang stick ( whatever they're called ). So here's hoping. The way the modders have improved their talents in this past year or two can you even imagine what they can do to CMBB? Just look at the new Pershing that Andrew made. It'll knock your socks off. Some very fine gentleman and extremely talented. Sorry I get carried away when I talk about modders. But hey I love em. They to me have contributed greatly to this game and I can only wait to see what they'll do to the up coming game.

I think almost everything that was hardcoded in CMBO will be moddable in CMBB. Building walls are one sided, meaning what you see on the outside is what you see on the inside. Until the interior and exterior walls use separate files you won't be able to mod the interior walls

Originally posted by lcm1947:

(...snip) Must be an engineer with a bang stick ( whatever they're called ). (...snip)

I think that you're referring to a Bangalore Torpedo, sometimes just referred to as Bangalores. Recall the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan where they are used to clear barbed wire and mines? The steel pipe is filled with explosives. The sections are screwed together into an appropriate length and pushed by hand into the terrain to be cleared. After that, set the fuse and clear out...

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

It has been proven in screenshots so far that soldier's hands are still hard-coded. Don't know about the rest

huh? there is a bmp for hands isn't there? i remember trying to make fingers for them and at least one mod including white gloves...

Originally posted by lcm1947:

Yeah a bangalore. Thanks Gunnergoz. I knew it started with a bang something. Actually a bang stick is what they kill sharks with if I'm not mistaken but I figured if I called it that somebody would know what I meant. smile.gif

Just as an aside, bang stick is a slang term soldiers use for rifle. ;)

The Hands are part of the Sleeve .bmp. That's why you get all kinds of different Hand colors with different Uni mods, & none of them match the Face mod you're using. My two wishes for BB (besides what I already know we got) are seperate Hand .bmp's & also a Collar polygon, which I believe would have the greatest effect on the Human/ Wooden Soldier Look Ratio, or HWSLR (pronounced HWSLR), for the resources expended.

Strt