Does your Peng Challenge Thread Tire Too Easily?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

I feel dutybound to point out a few, um, errors in Flaaaaaamin' AJ's post.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good armour battle, but an ASSAULT/DEFEND armour battle?? Australians are a bunch of yobs.

Bah! Serves you bloody right, you bugger. You've never sent me a setup in which you bothered to tell me more than 1 out of 3 of the various parameters of the match.

What goes around, comes around.

Originally posted by Delaney:

Thank-you for that gracious welcome, Persephone. It appears it is P.L. who needs the help of Seanachi.

Welcome, gracious Lady.

I've done what I could to help your husband, but he has been a great trial to me.

I have championed him, by taking him as Squire.

I've attempted to teach him, and direct anger from him by, for a time, amusingly re-naming him 'Mouse'.

I've pounded him in private emails. I have remonstrated with him, both gently, and with more feeling, to be less of an aggressive lackwit, and more of a figure that will win the admiration of all.

This process has been met, I might say, with mixed results.

On the one hand, your husband is still given to almost unbelievably stupid flights of idiocy.

On the other hand, even Berli said to me, a short while ago, 'That stupid little bastard is starting to grow on me. I think. I still don't like him much.'

You are most welcome here, Delaney. If you desire to be a part of our strange little...community, please apply to Persephone, or YK2, for a companion in curious misery.

Alternatively, seek the friendship of Yeknod. There's something so...solid, about a donkey. They may twitch the ear, and give you a phlegmatic look of occasional misery, but they won't let you down.

While I much doubt you need any real defending, please be aware that not ONE, SINGLE, USELESS SWINE will give you any real trouble.

We have rules, you see. Most of them are so much ****e, but a few are inviolable.

If anyone annoys you, simply say so. Then let us know if you're the sort of woman who actually wants the ears, or the sort who feels it's enough to know they've been removed. Painfully. With a knife that's as sharp as the wit of Panzer Leader. You, if anyone, should understand how brutal that must be.

Tell the truth. Is PL actually funny when you two are brightly conversing?

Originally posted by Malakovski:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Malakovski:

I am away for so long

Obviously you havn't been away long enough. Go back and try again. This time, hold your breath as well.

</font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Like an evil fox terrier *snicker*

"I am Rune, the Evil Fox Terrier! I will do evil things to your pant leg"

I have to support Berli in this. From his pictures, Rune is currently modeled as the Charles Laughton of evil.

Which is not so much 'evil' as 'rules bound', and treading dangeroulsy on being 'overly British'.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Like an evil fox terrier *snicker*

"I am Rune, the Evil Fox Terrier! I will do evil things to your pant leg"

I have to support Berli in this. From his pictures, Rune is currently modeled as the Charles Laughton of evil.

Which is not so much 'evil' as 'rules bound', and treading dangeroulsy on being 'overly British'.</font>

I would direct everyone to the following, which may well be the best thing Seanachai (a.k.a. He Who Has Promised A Setup But Has Failed To Deliver) has ever written ... mind that wouldn't be difficult since most of what he writes is just cutting and pasting of obscure Celtic songs:

<a href="http://http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=003355" target="_blank">

Seanachai's Rationale</a>

Berli, for example, took my carping about the game we're playing as an attempt to get out of the game and into another that would favor me. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's not whether you win or lose but how you place the blame, that's my motto. If you don't have an excuse then your inevitable defeat will be ... well, YOUR fault won't it?

I'm currently in my Scenario mode in which I blame all losses on the unbalanced scenario. At some times I drift into a Gamey mode that blames the gamey tactics of my opponent and at others I will determine that the period simply doesn't favor either the Germans or the Russians ... depending upon whom I'm playing.

But two things are paramount, BE CONSISTENT. Shifting from one excuse to another during the course of a game just shows that you can't make up your mind. Furthermore it can be confusing to switch so it's best to stay with one excuse for a given period of time. Second, BE CONSTANT. Just mentioning the excuse in passing once will hardly gain you any credibility, you must pound it home time after time. If nothing else it will annoy your opponent, and isn't that REALLY what it's all about?

Joe

[ November 16, 2002, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

<font size=-1>BE CONSISTENT. Shifting from one excuse to another during the course of a game just shows that you can't make up your mind.</font>

Or, as AussieJeff whined in our latest turn (where I'm attacking UPHILL, into a TRENCHLINE, against PILLBOXES):

<font size=-1>Yes, yes, of course. It IS perfectly modelled. It just sucks to play the

Rooskies!!! WAAAAAH!!!!</font>

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

<font size=-1>BE CONSISTENT. Shifting from one excuse to another during the course of a game just shows that you can't make up your mind.</font>

Or, as AussieJeff whined in our latest turn (where I'm attacking UPHILL, into a TRENCHLINE, against PILLBOXES):

<font size=-1>Yes, yes, of course. It IS perfectly modelled. It just sucks to play the

Rooskies!!! WAAAAAH!!!!</font>

</font>

Guest PondScum

<font size=-1>it's generally not acceptable to post emails in the MBT. There are exceptions but great care must be taken.</font>

Don't worry Joe, I would never reveal the contents of your heartfelt little missives to me.

But the photos you included are fair game, right?

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

<font size=-1>it's generally not acceptable to post emails in the MBT. There are exceptions but great care must be taken.</font>

Don't worry Joe, I would never reveal the contents of your heartfelt little missives to me.

But the photos you included are fair game, right?</font>

Guest PondScum

<font size=-1>Of course ... after all the chances of you actually finding your way back here and figuring out how to post something are pretty slim.</font>

Presenting... The Justicar Channel! "All Joe, All The Time!" (Brought to you by "Got Broadband?")

After a short career on the ice...

RunenJoe.jpg

...Joe gets taken for a ride...

JoeLawyerPlane.jpg

...but at least he gets upgraded to business class...

JoeonPlane.jpg

...so that he can look his best to film a commercial.

Justammercial.jpg

Unfortunately, after all that travelling, Joe's getting a little cranky...

JusticarNaNa.jpg

...until he can get back to his, um, bunnies...

JoeBunny.jpg

...LOTS of bunnies...

JoeHarvey.jpg

Restored to full health, Joe is once again back in charge.

"Oh yeah, you and whose army?"

"Me and Joe's army!"</br>"Oh, ok then".

Joe

[ November 16, 2002, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: PondScum ]

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm glad you're all having such a good time on the MBT. I'M NOT!! This is because CMBB keeps crashing my computer every two minutes. I have to play bleedin' technician again. So, if I owe you a turn, SOD OFF! If I don't owe you a turn, SOD OFF!! If you work for Nvidia, SOD OFF! If you work for Microsoft, SOD OFF! If you don't work at all, come fix my 'puter or do somefink NOW!! In short, SOD OFF!!

Squire Treeburst155 out.

Guest PondScum

The blockbuster SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER horror movie of the year:

"I KNOW WHAT YOU DID ON HILL 312"

Starring AussieJeff's red-shirt squads

Scene 1: a trench on a hill.

Red-shirt squad: "I know, I'll leave the trench!"

Audience: "Nooo! I've seen this bit before! Don't leave the trench! You'll be cut down in seconds! DON'T LEAVE THE TRENCH!"

Red-shirt squad: "Ok boys, let's gAARRRGGGGHHHH"

Audience: "Ewwww messy, I think I'm gonna be sick"

Scene 2: another trench on the hill.

As before.

Repeat until out of red-shirt squads, or until audience can't take it anymore.