Nordic Wannabee Tourney - finals

Since we have attack/defense scenarios now, I have to ask:

Do we consider it OK to split squads in setup to get extra foxholes?

Some people insist on it being OK because realistically defenders would prepare secondary positions. Naturally other people consider it purely gamey.

EDIT: spelling, my new keyboard has such a heavy key action that I miss many chars

[ April 30, 2002, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am receiving and sending steadily with all 3. Wreck is silently sending turns in which he silently creeps up on me; Ciks and I are exploring the finer points of dentistry; and Redwolf and I are searching for umbrellas.

Originally posted by ciks:

To my playoff opponents:

Due to Real Live issues i'm going to be slow this week in returning files. Hopefully next week everything will be back to normal.

Is everything back to normal yet?

Ok, and update.

With redwolf we're at turn 3, discussing finest details of agressive defence but no shots are fired yet.

Wreck is silently sending back turns at alarming rate (we're at turn 5), and he just killed my stupid X...

The game with White4 is starting to get hot early, turn 5 that is. His X routed one of my Y, and now i'm angry.

[ May 17, 2002, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: ciks ]

To my section members:

I apologize PROFUSELY for abandoning you all in the last quarter of the tourney. I unexpectedly lost my internet access, graduated college and moved and was totally out of touch with the entire world for a period of two months. I really, really feel awful.

If we need to finish up, let me know. I've got a real (i.e. full time) job now, but I'll happily work around that.

Again, I'm very sorry and wish the best of luck to all the semi-finalists.

Greg

Badddabump from page 4.

UPDATES:

REDWOLF and I are done -have been for a while, in fact. It was quite the foggy town battle..

WRECK has finally gotten around to attacking, fortunately for me!

CIKS has been getting lucky - gotta put an end to that! tongue.gif

Originally posted by White4:

Have not heard from WRECK in about a week. Anyone else?

Flow with Wreck normal, I am at turn 20 of 40 or so with him.

The game with ciks is slower, turn 10 or 40 or so and he already said he'll be on trips this month.

Our game is finished, but the RoW II is already at our doorstep for a revanche smile.gif

Sorry to be the slowest guy of the bunch.

Usually i'm the fastest one, but currently work, new flat and some other things than CM really takes my time away. I probably won't be able to finish my games before late July, but as far as i recall, there were no deadlines set.

Chris I just resent the last turn I generated, from over a week ago. Perhaps we are mail-crossed.

Progress with redwolf is fastest, which is good since we have 40 turns to fill.

Ciks is a but slow, but that's OK since it is a short scenario.

• 3 weeks later...

I have now finished two of three games, and the remaining one (vs redwolf) is on turn 34 of 40, so it will be done soon - probably this weekend.

Any other games finished? Or can I taunt you all for being slow and lazy?

Yep, down to the game with edgars (CIKS) right now.

Kriegstadt -"If you hear something in the fog, fire full auto."

Twin Valleys -"We were doing ok, sir, until we auto-surrendered."

Fluid -"Infantry? We don't need no steenking infantry!!"