Please devteam, tweak this:

vils

It is totally obsolute to press the *continue button after the action turn has ended, and it should automaticly show the next turn phase, where you give troops commands.

Dont anyone agree?

Also, i think that the game turns should automaticly commends if you enable that option, and say after 5 seconds of inactivity next turn commends. This will be somewhat realtime-based, and pressing stop will make next coming turn manual.

Originally posted by vils:

It is totally obsolute to press the *continue button after the action turn has ended, and it should automaticly show the next turn phase, where you give troops commands.

Dont anyone agree?

errr....No.

Us movie junkies want to play the action movie over and over again, mainly because there's so much happening on the battlefield (especially relevant on the larger map) and you can't take it in all at once.

Disabling the continue button makes it impossible to rewind.

Mace

[ September 03, 2002, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

I agree with Mace. I think that most (if not all) players need to see the "movie" more than once - they are, after all, making the decisions of many individual commanders (from platoon level, right up to brigade level in some extreme cases) - the player needs to see the action from each of these points of view to effectivly command their forces.

Plus, of course, most players like to watch "that tiger taking out 5 T34's" at least 6 times ;):D

Originally posted by vils:

Dont anyone agree?

NO! For all the reasons Mace and Tacitus mention. Plus, I don't like real time games and don't want to see CM turned into one (not that I feel there is the slightest danger of this). All this was hashed out four or more years ago. Too bad there isn't an archive from those years.

Michael