Peng Challenge v1.01, It's STILL not Fixed!!!

Lars

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Actually the best I heard was of a DM who set something up for a group of obnoxious players who always won. Well into the game the group opened a door only to find twice as many vampires. The group sneeringly pulled out their cruicifixes (crucifi?) only to have the vampires jump them and tear their throats out. The all turned on the DM of course ... who explained that the vampires ... were Jewish.

Joe[/QB]

Aeons ago, The Dragon ran an article called "Giving the Undead an even break". Essentially it was a method of equalizing the "Turn Undead" tables. Logically, if a high level guy could turn low-level undead, then a high level undead could turn wimpy clerical and paladin types.

Absolutely hilarious when I sprang that one on the guys... reminded me of "Brave Sir Robin" of Python fame... what did they expect attacking the lich's castle?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalem

Many years ago I was heavily into modelling, 1/35 scale, mostly Tamiya with Verlinden accessories when they came out. Recently I was cleaning out my garage, and uncovered all my stuff, air brush, jars of dried up paints, my bash-kit, and models I had never even opened.

I used to make dioramas and give them as gifts. I found a partially completed M-48, which I converted to the flame version for a diorama on the battle of Hue City. In case you are interested I have a complete set of "Military Modeler" magazines, from the very first one. Lots of great tips and info in those.

[ November 26, 2002, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Just downloaed your map Banter Leader , is it hard making maps? Was thinking of either maknig a map, or setting up a stack of nerf bricks for Ninjan to attempt to break wich should last a couple days...

Keep it up Gaylord and I'll tell everyone how you cried like a girl as my King Tiger demolished your Guards Tank Army.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Just downloaed your map Banter Leader , is it hard making maps? Was thinking of either maknig a map, or setting up a stack of nerf bricks for Ninjan to attempt to break wich should last a couple days...

Keep it up Gaylord and I'll tell everyone how you cried like a girl as my King Tiger demolished your Guards Tank Army.</font>

Originally posted by dalem:

...{snipped} ...

I have so much modelling crap and piles of Fine Scale Modeler lying about that I barely have room for my Star Trek and Star Wars prop replicas and my little fossil collection. You know, the "Items of Female Repellent" as my friends call them.

But thanks for the offer of the mags. I appreciate it.

"Items of Female Repellent" ... surely that's gilding the lily isn't it? I mean some guys are just naturally gifted that way.

Joe

[ November 26, 2002, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Nada1, please direct your lame-o attempt at the sport-of-men to someone of closer stature to yourself. I may seem like a Goliath to you, worm, but you, worm, are no David.

Though still stratospheric to your mossy beginnings, I believe my... assistant Gaylord Focker, esq. will be more than willing to put you back in your place, by means of his boot-heel.

YOU CUR!

I specifically asked MY SQUIRE to challenge you to a game and you blew him off?!?!

It's no wonder you have no squires, you tail-dragging, clump of leaf mold! You loutish louse wort!

Oooooh, I'm the great Pansy Bloomer. I don'ts want to fights no squires!

OK, Bub. How's about you fight me? It will give me more material on the book I'm writing. It's called "Uppity Women I have Known". Already, I have an entire chapter devoted to you.

[ November 26, 2002, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

I used to make dioramas and give them as gifts. I found a partially completed M-48, which I converted to the flame version for a diorama on the battle of Hue City.

I bet your nieces cried and cried...

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

I used to make dioramas and give them as gifts. I found a partially completed M-48, which I converted to the flame version for a diorama on the battle of Hue City.

I bet your nieces cried and cried...</font>

Guest PondScum

Gamey Updates:

Seanachai is gamily sending his troops through a patch of woods. Such nice woods. Nice pretty woods. Nice pretty TALL woods. So tall that if I drop artillery on them, I get lots of TREEBURSTS. We'll see if anything comes out alive.

Goanna is gamily sending a turn every other week from darkest Siberia. The last movie should warm even his cold-blooded heart - two of his tanks decided to make a run for it through a gap between buildings. One of said buildings contained my platoon-routing Flamethrower Team From Hell. Cue two dead tanks. Who said flamethrowers are undermodeled?

Noba is gamily sending an entire Russian tank company down a gulley, while pinning my brave uber-gunners with harassing fire from the other flank. Area-firing bastiche. Who taught him tactics?

Originally posted by dalem:

The pics are probably too large, the lighting is so-so, and I have a few touch-ups here and there, but there it is.

The shots were large, but I'm glad I'm at work and was able to download them quickly. The lighting was good...nice, broad flat light brings out details that might get lost in bright, directional light. I'd say it's an excellent job all the way around. One question though. What dog mod are you using?

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

(And another thing - Did anyone actually PLAY Aftermath? I had it, and it was complex and gorgeous, but we could never seem to actually play it.)

(and a second other thing, two words: Twilight 2000)

Aftermath? Yes, and we actually played a few sessions. We also had a campaign running of Chivalry & Sorcery.

Twilight 2000? Got that and ran a few sessions but IMHO 2300AD was much more fun.

Actually now that you've mentioned these I do believe I still have my copies around somewhere. Time to drag them out and have another read.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

OK, enough already with the trip down D&D memory lane. If you guys want to share, in private e-mails, all the fun you had on those sunny, summer days, hidden away from the sight of more popular humans, along with the rest of your sad, little poster boy friends for acne, please feel free to do so. But to do so publicly in the MBT could possibly bring the rest of us down to your abysmal level. Guilt by association, don't ya know.

I can understand your jealousy Boo, you were so nerdy and lacking in charisma even the stereotypical Role Player didn't want to be associated with you.

Some things just never change.

Mace

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

is it hard making maps?

You're still alive??

I thought I must've missed eth damned death notice 'cos you're 6 weeks late on the last turn of that monstrosity you got me playing, so either give up or send me another turn!!

Obviously making maps is easier than making returns you dork!!

Update - Poopsie Komissar finally managed to beat me at Yelania Stare of whetever-the-ferk-it-is by using unbelievably gamey tactics like advancing out of sight, and other dodgy doings.

I hates him - even more than I hates the rest of you put thogether.

[ November 26, 2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Keep it up Gaylord and I'll tell everyone how you cried like a girl as my King Tiger demolished your Guards Tank Army.</font>

Originally posted by Mace:

I can understand your jealousy Boo, you were so nerdy and lacking in charisma even the stereotypical Role Player didn't want to be associated with you.

Some things just never change.

Mace

Not true, Mace me foine, foine mate. Role playing games came out long after I was out of school, so the "nerds" I hung out with were the theatre types, which always included a veritable bevy of young winsome lasses. And what with my natural charm (which makes your typical Aussie look about as interesting as an East Texan), I was always one of the popular ones.