What is your favourite scenario so far?

that is hard to say as all that I have played from the CD are excellent. they can be difficult enough against this AI much less a human being..

Villers Bocage (single battle) may a good one...

Chambois may be another, but if you play as the Poles it is very tough against the AI Germans....IMHO at least

Wiltz probably a good bet too, small map but a good one to go head-to-head against another human

------------------

this is pathfinder's evil twin

Guest MantaRay

Cheneux is a masterpiece. But the best one is

Slaughter in the Valley. It was made by me, and I have no idea why it wasn't on the CD???

Oh yeah, I made it a few days ago. biggrin.gif

BTW, when my downloads section goes up there, you can get it from me. smile.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hardcore Gamers Daily

***** Warning... spoiler info on "One Long Cold Day" and "Villers-Bocage Op" ahead... if you're the kind of person who reads the end of the book first, or if you've already completed these, please read on...

My favorite single scenario so far is One Long Cold Day (or something to that effect). The beginning is nice (I played as the Germans) and security teams in the small town did their job very admirably. Then things were pretty square, with the Allies advancing because of their sheer numbers... then the King Tiger shows up. End of story. It took out nearly everything that was left... it is an amazing machine, overweight and slow or not.

My favorite operation so far is the Villers-Bocage scenario. I don't have any special analysis on it, I just love that fact that, no matter how good you do, it's nearly always a knockdown, drag-out fight to the end. The first time I played, I got a tactical victory as the Germans. The second time, it was either a total victory or major victory (I can't remember offhand), but it was still by no means easy. My personal favorites in the demo and in the real version, have always been the real slugfests where both sides lose a lot of men and machines and the one left standing is the one who "wins." Those to me are just as or more fulfilling as the 97-3 wins. I also really enjoyed the Stolberg-Punching a Hole op, mainly because I did so amazingly well at it on my first go-round (as Germans, yet again). Anyway, FWIW... smile.gif

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

Guest MantaRay

*******Spoiler**********

Yes, Villers Bocage OP is the best of the bunch.

I like going around with the Tiger that is off on the dirt road to start and getting behind the British rear guard and smashing a whole bunch of them as they are being held up by the 3 Tigers.

And actually taking the city at the end is awesome too, as there are lots of hiding places for the Fireflys, especially in the hedges. And Tigers in any way shape or form are just fun to play with...period.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Personally, I just finished playing Wild Bill's SPR Ramelle scenario and it was the funnest one I've played so far. My handful of guys holding off the SS as long as possible was really challenging. The first time you see a Tiger come barreling down the street and all you've got to stop it are a couple of infantry squads and bazooka... that's excitement.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Miyamoto Musashi:

***** Warning... spoiler info on "One Long Cold Day" and "Villers-Bocage Op" ahead...

My favorite single scenario so far is One Long Cold Day (or something to that effect).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SPOILER INFO..........Kind of

I love the "Long Cold Day" scenario too. I played as the Allies. On turn one, I lost 4 half tracks and two tanks. I thought I was hosed at that point. Then had two turns of very quick reenforcements and began what I believed to be a cake walk. I was almost getting bored, I pushed through the town with minimal losses, and was close to pushing through the primary bridge. Then Mr. King Tiger showed up. After losing most of my tanks, and a good chunk of infantry, I ended up surrenduring. It was ugly. Even my 155 VT (?) couldn't hit the tank when I called for an arty strike. Needless to say, I'll be playing this one again.

Saving Private Ryan, one to play just for the fun of playing and remembering the movie, is also one of my own personal favorites, Wako and PawBroon. Thanks.

I've played it probably 20 times and still enjoy it.

Especially exciting is seeing how long you can stay in Ramelle, holding off the enemy then escape to the "Alamo."

Watching the "Angels on our Shoulders" come in and waste that second Tiger is a rush!

When it happend in one battle, I had Capt. Miller and his small group crossing the bridge with the 2nd Tiger in hot pursuit rolleyes.gif

I knew the "angels" were available but I kept thinking, "Oh boy, they just ain't gonna make it!" Then I heard that droning noise, saw the shadow and VOOM! Goodbye Tiger!

I don't know what Miller, Rieben, Ryan and Upham were shouting. I could not hear them because I was shouting so loud (till my wife mentioned the neighbors and possible jail time).

It is fun, and a quick play.

Combat is another. Deja vu, the TV series. Simple, quick, easy, well, not that easy (G).

By the way, these can be found on CM support sites.

From Manx,

http://www.combatmissions.co.uk/ For Saving Private Ryan

And from Lorak

http://www.geocities.com/lrmcgarvey/combat.html

(Love that music!)

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

[This message has been edited by Wild Bill Wilder (edited 07-01-2000).]

just finished Bruyeres. its 15 turns and it moves fast. i played as the allies. without giving too much away, be ready for fast moving, hard hitting action. and situations where you'll be yelling at your men, or the screen for that matter, "check your fire soldier".

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

Saving Private Ryan, one to play just for the fun of playing and remembering the movie, is also one of my own personal favorites, Wako and PawBroon. Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For you a much deserved homage to all your work and contribution to the Hobby.

And a FUNNIER Ramelle's SPR to play with...

biggrin.gif

Dunno how to insert image from hard disk so I'll mail it to you.

Enjoy...

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 07-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

Many thanks, my friend. This is very special to me...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waaaaaoooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

biggrin.gif

Did HE just say "my friend"?

Now I could die a happy man.

And this from someone who had repeatedly and almost singelhandedly wrecked my social life with his contributions.

And CM won't improve that a bit.

BTW, because of all those games, singelhandedly sums my social life up rather literally...

biggrin.gif

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 07-02-2000).]

Yup, I downloaded SPR last night and gave it a go. Great fun, especially if you liked the movie (rather than panning it for not being grognard-ly realistic).

I managed to achieve a major victory without the help of the jabos...one zook took out the tigers, and one paratroop squad produced 38 casualties and 2 vehicle kills. Intense battle, just like the movie. But I wanted to see the Jabos!!

my favorite whilst not a scenario rather is a operation ,utrechtesweg.I grew so attached to a piat team who took out a couple of half tracks and a stug,on knocking out the stug the guys where hit an killed by a pioneer squad that i hadnt seen creeping up,damn it how can i tell their mothers!

Seriously not only has bts produced a damn good game,you guys designing scenarios are doing a good fine job

SPR ramelle is cool,the jabos are good though they did kill 1 para squad accidently,has anyone been beaten though by the jerries?

Long Cold Day - Spoiler - Spoiler - Spoiler

In Long Cold Day, I only just eked out a win against the a/i while playing the Germans. The JgPz IV did amazingly well, stopping the amis cold and wrecking 13 vehicles, and ruining the gun on the Jumbo. I thought it was all over for them, and then whammo -- the TDs showed up. The reinforcing german vehicles didn't fare so well, though the Tiger II did make an impressive roadblock for a few turns. Unfortunately it was immobilized early, buried in a smoke screen, and fell to close assault by infantry. The Tiger I got picked off at extreme range before it ever fired a shot. frown.gif A very enjoyable scenario.

Guest KwazyDog

One Long Cold Night - *Spoiler*

Hiya guys. Im really glad a lot of you have enjoyed this scenario. My girlfriend actually made the map during the many late nights I spent working on the models and textures for CM. I thought she did such a great job on the map I spent about 25hrs setting up the units, play testing and writing the briefings. Ive played it right through probably 20 times and often just load up the initial ambush as the Germans just for a quick CM fix smile.gif

An interesting thing in this scenario is the reinforcements. I had a play around with them and actually set some of the reinforcements to a 1% chance of arriving. For instance the Tiger I you recieved Babra had only a 5% chance of arriving if I recall correctly. The allies also have a very small chance of recieving a couple more Jumbos and a very small chance of recieving a croc, hehe.

Anyways, glad its turning out fun to some wink.gif