german pioners blowing themselves up !

I was playing that dreaded scenario of mine called "cemetary hill" and my german engineers blew themselves up by throwing a satchel charge at russian infantry close, blowing up the light building they were taking cover in. VERY frustrating especially since it's the sitxh time I play this scenario and I was getting very close to the church.

Won it as the German with a major victory.

Spoilers

That said, it was tough, right until a few turns from the end. At that point, I finally broke the back of the remaining Russian defenders.

My most anxious moment: after I *finally* turned the Russians left flank (German right) and began to lay down a deadly enfilade fire on the center of the Russian position I launched my main attack to take the trenches. I had to assault across a good piece of open ground and up hill. That was a nail-biter

Originally posted by antawar:

I was playing that dreaded scenario of mine called "cemetary hill" and my german engineers blew themselves up by throwing a satchel charge at russian infantry close, blowing up the light building they were taking cover in.

Hah!

Mine threw their satchel charge on the minefield inbetween and took out BOTH houses I had them in.

Saw this same thing in the orginal CMBO probably two, maybe three times.

So, it's not something new. And, in fact suppose it could really happen. Say guy that's about to throw the satchel charge gets popped right as he's winding up to throw the thing at the enemy. Charge lands, squad takes it in the teeth and anyone that is lucky enough to survive counts their blessings. Or alternatively, is so maimed they wish they were dead.

Mike