A new CMBO player

yeah, I'm behind the times! I finally bought CMBO last week. I'm not a very good player with a current score of 1 win/3 Losses against the comp, but I'm having a great time playing the game! I salute Battlefront for making a game with such longevity.

The most fascinating event to date: While playing as the German one of my squads armed with panzerfausts and hiding in a house tries to light up an advancing M4 Sherman at ~50 yards. The Sherman is immobilized with a hit and the backblast from the PF also sets the building on fire! As my troops are forced to flee the burning building they are mowed down by the immobile M4! (several turns later i managed to sneak a panzerschreck team into range and took out the tank)

anyway, looks like I should have plenty of good battles ahead of me with CMBO and CMBB. I hope to see you on the field of battle soon.

-Patrick "PAKmann" Moore

LOL

I don't know how many times I have seen this while playing an opponent over the net.

Some may disagree, but as a tip never put a Shrek team in a building. As for squads with faust ya on occasion this hard to prevent, but I try to have AT assest take care of armor before they make it to my forward squads. Which sounds great in theory, but does not always works.

Oh ya welcome to the board

[ September 03, 2002, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

Thanks for the greetings!

When I commended BFC for making a game with longevity I am referring to a product that is extremely playable and still has a large player base after 2 years! It seems most computer games fade away after 2 months.

After i get some more time under fire from the comp I will have to look up some of you folks for a PBEM game.

Be sure to go to CMHQ, Tom's HQ, and the other sites to get all the hi-res mods and new sounds. CMBO is a whole new beautiful looking, as well as beautiful playing, game with the user produced mods. We are lucky to have some very talented and dedicated folks who have helped CM grow.

Patrick,

The penchant your men exhibit for burning down their own cover while killing tanks is precisely why the Panzerfaust bore the warning Achtung Feuerstrahl! (Attention Fire Trail!) prominently emblazoned on the launcher tube. Panzerschrecks and bazookas bear no such warnings, but they should be treated similarly.

Firing from wooden buildings is extremely iffy, but stone is less risky. The only antitank projectors in the game to which the general rule doesn't apply are U.S. rifle grenades and the PIAT for the British and Poles. The PIAT, unlike like all its other longer range brethren, has no fiery backblast at all, can be used from any building, and will be difficult to spot. The basic rule is generally true even today, because of both fire and overpressure considerations. When buildings are used this way, they normally require some clearing out or have already been rearranged by someone's HE or fire.

Regards,

John Kettler

And the sound of my poor Hetzer's crew, bailing out of the tank your nasty GI's kill with a Rifle Grenade! :mad:

More pleasant than the sound of the zooks killing the AI Tigers, isn't it? :D

Oh, and welcome to the CM World Patrick!

[ September 06, 2002, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Leta ]

Originally posted by Leta:

And the sound of my poor Hetzer's crew, bailing out of the tank your nasty GI's kill with a Rifle Grenade! :mad:

More pleasant than the sound of the zooks killing the AI Tigers, isn't it? :D

Oh, and welcome to the CM World Patrick!

Yeah Patrick! You want to sharpen your CM skill then play against Leta (He will show you what Spaniards can do!).

I think my men are shocked that they actually knocked out a Hetzer with a rifle grenade. Now they just lay on the floor ignoring my orders!

(My zook tried to take out that same Hetzer and set the house on fire and when he crawled out, Leta's Hetzer mowed him down!)

[ September 06, 2002, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Commander ]