Scenario Editor request for future versions of CM

When I pick units in the scenario editor and want to alter how much ammo they've got, I'd like to be able to click on the number and type it in. At the moment, if I want to reduce or increase the amount of ammo by a great deal (eg changing 81mm mortar spotter ammo from 150 to 400), it can get boring waiting for the counter to change.

Originally posted by Wolfe:

Not sure if you don't already know this, but you can hold down the Shift key while clicking to make the number change in increments of 10.

- Chris

No, I didn't. :(

DUH. :rolleyes:

I feel dimmer than a MasterGoodale thread.

[ December 24, 2002, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Soddball ]

Yes, while on the topic: a way to script the AI. I´ve made a couple of scenarios (so I'm not that much of a grog) but I really do not enjoy watching the entire (let's say) south wing of the attacking russians first move besides the north wing, regroup and then attack, wasting turns and ruining the consept of the scenario (and making historical scenarios hard to reproduce). This said, I'm not an editor grog. Maybe there is a way to "force" the AI to attack along a certain route (maybe via placing small victory location flags ?). IIRC there is a possibility in SPWAW to make the AI advance through waypoints (hence making certain groups attack certain parts of the defending line). I'd like to see this in CM series (actually my only gripe, but maybe I'm too used to SP series type of scenario editing).

Sorry for the typos and all those brackets (I'm drunk)

When I create a scenario, especially for a campaign, I really hate that one side knows with 100% certainty whether or not the other side is dug in. The "Attacker -> [- Defender" tag gives away too much info in campaigns.

I also don't like the running score tally, even if it isn't always showing the actual score. Everything down there in the scorebox is bad for campaigns and many scenarios as well.

Give campaigns the ability to have some actual fog of war. Have an option in the Parameters section that invites designers to check the box marked: [] Turn Off Scorebox?

citizen

Originally posted by citizen:

When I create a scenario, especially for a campaign, I really hate that one side knows with 100% certainty whether or not the other side is dug in.

Frankly, there were many battles in which BOTH sides started off dug in. There ought to be a way for you to independently set whether a given side is dug in.

Steve