A lone hawk circles while a tumbleweed rolls by...

I think CMBB will be a great game (yes, I'm enjoying the demo too.) And I am interested in all theatres of WWII. The Western front is where my interest lies, though. As an American who's traveled often in Europe, I've been to the Normandy beaches, Bastogne, and other places. Part of the appeal of CM to me is imagining in my own way what it must have been like. Playing the good guys and bad guys: both are fun.

I can appreciate the magnitude of the Eastern war; I've read a lot about it. But Hitler vs. Stalin is like "bad guys vs. bad guys." I'm part Finn, so I'll get my kicks out defending the homeland against all comers. ;)

I'll be playing CMBO for a long time to come.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by R_Leete:

And we have a winnah! Almost disqualified by the smiley, though.

Sorry I've been distracted by some of the noobs on the other boards. It's getting to the stage where you can't call someone a tosser without provoking a hissy fit, unless you add 25 smilies.

Hi all

Tis indeed seemingly the sad demise of this illustrious forum but I for one will continue to play CMBO (in addition of course to CMBB) as it is still a fantastic game in its own right.

But then I still have the old Battleground Ardennes on my HD smile.gif

Big Childrens Playgroup is my wifes name for my Wargaming pals and your truly so I submit this as our 'club' title smile.gif

Cheers

Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

"Lone Hawks" sounds too...active. Like a gang from "West Side Story" or something. "Rolling Tumbleweeds" on the other hand, has a descriptive ring to it.

How about "The Meadow Muffins"? In addition to a nice, country kind of ring, it is appropriately descriptive. It also suggests the passive lethargy exhibited by computer dweebs.

Michael

[ September 07, 2002, 06:37 AM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

Who says bren tripods are rare? At my old school we had a bucket of them when i was in the CCF and I recall several exercises when i was able to let rip with the bren 'blanks' using a tripod and shred bushes (wooden tipped bullets i was told)

heh heh

Grum

Originally posted by GRUMLIN:

Who says bren tripods are rare? At my old school we had a bucket of them when i was in the CCF and I recall several exercises when i was able to let rip with the bren 'blanks' using a tripod and shred bushes (wooden tipped bullets i was told)

heh heh

Grum

Chinese Communist Forces used the Bren? Cheeky devils!

At the Stampede this year, where I was part of a Canadian military display, the most fetching young English woman (who was probably 17) came up to visit us...aside from falling in love with her accent immediately, she told us in all confidence that CCF stood for "Clever Cadet Force"...hmm, she had brown hair and brown eyes, perhaps you know her?