Sneak Preview in Southern California

Gotta say it....not ALL of SoCal is 9 billion degrees and covered in smog(although I work in Corona and it is :D ) Right now it is 74 and partly cloudy in Newport and we had hardly any smog....since we send most of it to the Inland Empire :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Claymore:

On one hand I have 17 days booked in Kawai starting on July 12th...

I'll tell you all about it if you want to meet for lunch when you get back. I think I have to be in a review on the 30th, but the 31st is probably ok.

I actually expected them to announce the release and start taking orders when I go to a conference for a week at the end of August. I guess I got lucky.

I'm travelling to San Francisco on vacation 17th-25th.....let's see.....ditch friend, rent car, drive, preview, rent room in Corona cause I'm too tired, drive back next day....

ok, I'm not quite CM freaky enough to do that. I may, however, spend that day with envious thoughts of what's going on down Corona way.....

wait....how long a drive from SF? ;)

Just a little reminder, this preview will start at 11:00 am (PST) this Saturday the 20th of July. It is planned to end around 6:00 pm, so Gyrene you better make the trip from Chino post-haste after you become free in the evening :D

Originally posted by GreasyPig:

Hey Redeker,You planning to attend the Gold Cup for the Woo series in October?

I wasn't planning on it, but I've been meaning to attend a race at the Speedway for some time. Heck, I've lived here for almost ten years and still haven't been to a race. Why? Will you be heading up here?

P.S. A schedule I just pulled up on the Internet shows the Chico dates are September 5, 6 and 7. Is this correct? :confused:

ACTOR,

Can now confirm that there will definitely be two

(myself and a fellow treadhead) and quite possibly three if another friend succumbs to temptation. We will be bringing sodas and such and will be there

at 11 a.m. We may not be able to stay until 6 p.m., though, because our driver has a dog which can't be left all day in his apartment. He's coming up from Long Beach and will be here in Carson by around 9:30, meaning the doggie will have a long day if we stay the full period, then drive back here to drop me off, thence back to Long Beach.

As for what we want to see, think seduction of ASL

players, seduction of battlers with miniatures. Thus, we need excellent eye candy and scenarios or demos which show the amazing capabilities, flexibility and sweep of the game in covering the Eastern Front. Show us what we can't do in CM. One of my friends has played the game and has given his buddy an earful about it, to the effect that he'll probably forget ASL after seeing this.

I particularly want to see the new artillery system, covered arcs, the assault command, factories and other new terrain; armor command and control, whether Panther and Tiger turrets move at faster, more realistic speeds, and I want to see the overhauled gunnery and terminal effect modeling. Extreme FOW is a must. If you want to blow some minds, have some SU/ISU-152s, Stalins

and the like against appropriate German forces. Show what an 88, a Tiger or a Nashorn could really do when long LOS ranges were available. Show how speedy and maneuverable the T-34 was (be sure to have tank descents), and the awesome power of a Russian artillery prep. Katyushas please! Even a snippet of massed Russian infantry Urrahing and attacking would be most appreciated. I'd like to see wind effects on smoke and fires spreading. If there's time, T-34s vs. Barbarossa period German armor would be nice.

Please E-mail me privately with your address, directions (presumably going East on the 91 from Carson) and any other items you think I may need to know.

Am totally jazzed!

Regards,

John Kettler

John Kettler,

I EXPECT a full report on your above requests (obviously with the limits that BTS has instructed ACTOR to certain features that should be not mentioned) when you come back. You could also email it too me if you are so kindly inclined ;)

Otherwise we will increase you section strength in the forthcoming RoW III CMBB tourney! :D

Regards and have a brilliant CMBB time at ACTOR's house(?). ACTOR, now's your chance to play "god" with those ASL souls visiting you and convince them that hex/board WWII games are starting to fade with every incarnation of Combat Mission. ;)

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

[ July 18, 2002, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Winecape,

I will most certainly do my best to completely convert these ASL souls. I suspect that CMBB will do most of the work for me. :D

Rune,

I will let you know, Schrullenhaft is going to have a few folks at his house on the same day and I am trying to arrange something with him. If I run trouble you will hear from me. smile.gif

Sending this up, preview is this Saturday folks.

Also for you Northern California CMBO Fans, we have one person driving down from Sacramento.

So anyone not willing to make the trip is a panzy sissy boy in my mind. :D

[ July 19, 2002, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: ACTOR ]

Originally posted by Rommel22:

Well I would certainly like to go. But thats cutting close to me, I ship out for boot camp on Monday. So no go for me.

Cmon, don't wuss out! We can get you nice and drunk before you ship out!

Plus AF basic is a breeze, no sweat! ;)

Gyrene