English speaking sound mods

Has anyone done any research into making CMBB like the movie Enemy at the Gates? ie - matching up the sound file bmps from CMBO and importing them into CMBB - with the British voice files for the Russians and the American voice files for the Germans?

Might be something for CMMOS to handle, eh?

It would be like having Jude Law in your computer yelling "stick that in your pipe, Fritz!"

[ October 04, 2002, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Mike it could be done. As long as the format of the files matched (read speed and frequency) CMBO files only need to be renamed. Someone did post what the files meant in English so you just have to pick which CMBO files matches which CMBB file. No it seems that CMBB does have some new files in it so either leave those blank sound or create new ones.

This is in essense what I did for my theater mods such as Frontovik or the Pacific mod.

MikeT

I would really feel ALOT more connected to the game if there was an after market English voice mod available.

I'm glad to see other folks here would be interested in a an English voice mod. It would be good to have all the spoken words for all the nations so that you could play any nation and hear the voices in english.

I do not have the game yet, and even though I knew there were no English speaking voices in it I bought the game, BUT I will enjoy it a GREAT deal more when I can mod it to hear all the voices in English.

Thanks smile.gif

-tom w

Being German, I have little problems getting what the "Waffengrenadiere" say, and their voice acting is pretty good. smile.gif

Of the others, I don't understand zip, but it sure sounds great. :D (Was similar with Ivan Dolvich in Jagged Alliance, who also had Cyrillic subtitles.)

I like it that way, and will certainly not install any voice mods.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Incidentally, a Japanese manaquinn for my bedroom would be great, so we could stimulate Japan in time for the weekend - I plan on doing that!

Mr.Dorosh you tourist, no pictures please!

For i am no manaquinn, See i can breath!

Your dumfound but some found your knowledge to be deep

The way you ramble on about nonsense

Makes the minuits feel like weeks

Uniforms and Unicorns, both Dorosh adores

Canada wants him exported, off to some far away shore.

Both wanting and needy he walks most comfortably on all fours.

Tea parties with plastic people

And playing armyman reserved

Mr.Dorosh is quite busy

Though his mind is quite perverse

Wonder how Canadia lives a life such as this?

This should answer all questions

He was rasied by Grinch

Does Dorosh seem down on his luck?

Don't be fooled by the Manaquinadian

When with his plastic companions he's happier then a pig in muck.

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Incidentally, a Japanese manaquinn for my bedroom would be great, so we could stimulate Japan in time for the weekend - I plan on doing that!

Mr.Dorosh you tourist, no pictures please!

For i am no manaquinn, See i can breath!

Your dumfound but some found your knowledge to be deep

The way you ramble on about nonsense

Makes the minuits feel like weeks

Uniforms and Unicorns, both Dorosh adores

Canada wants him exported, off to some far away shore.

Both wanting and needy he walks most comfortably on all fours.

Tea parties with plastic people

And playing armyman reserved

Mr.Dorosh is quite busy

Though his mind is quite perverse

Wonder how Canadia lives a life such as this?

This should answer all questions

He was rasied by Grinch

Does Dorosh seem down on his luck?

Don't be fooled by the Manaquinadian

When with his plastic companions he's happier then a pig in muck.</font>

Originally posted by MikeT:

Mike it could be done. As long as the format of the files matched (read speed and frequency) CMBO files only need to be renamed. Someone did post what the files meant in English so you just have to pick which CMBO files matches which CMBB file. No it seems that CMBB does have some new files in it so either leave those blank sound or create new ones.

This is in essense what I did for my theater mods such as Frontovik or the Pacific mod.

MikeT

Hiyah MikeT!

Hey, how is the DFDR mod for CMBB progressing, mate? Have you got the units sorted out yet? I could have a go at the odd tank or two if you need.....

;);)

AJ