A very Wacky sound mod

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PEIPER#1:

i can believe this guy wacky, he got the sound files and got the credit for mi work, like he did all the selection of sounds he dint work on them and hes bull**** , i was working on them thats why they are not finish editing.. what a lazy son of a b.... :mad:

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: PEIPER#1 ]

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: PEIPER#1 ]<hr></blockquote>

I'm sorry, but I don't understand you at all. If you would like to talk about something please email me.

Good thinking Mr.Winterbottom. I didn't know if it would garner enough interest to send it to some sites, but I will definitely do that with version 2

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]</p>

...howdy cap'n.

...i must say, you have some splendid finds amidst your mp3's. i found uses for the BAR, MP44 and one of the SMG files. thank you.

...damn shame the M1 doesn't possess a distinct effect - the ejection "pings" you snagged are a fabulous nuance.

...good luck revamping the .50, it is in sore need...i want a toothy grin plastered on my face when my doggies open up with that son of a bitch -give it bite...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Peter Panzer:

[QB...damn shame the M1 doesn't possess a distinct effect - the ejection "pings" you snagged are a fabulous nuance.[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

What do you mean, like a distinct sound? If so, it might be possible for me to do a little editing...

As for the .50cal, I think you'll enjoy it. Big, deep, rather slow, & booming. I think you guys will really flip over the whizzing shrapnel effects I've edited into the explosions-makes an arty barrage feel MUCH more deadly :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>What do you mean, like a distinct sound? If so, it might be possible for me to do a little editing... <hr></blockquote>

...no need to edit, the rifle effects you have are quite fine.

i was referring to combat missions unfortunate use of generic rifle/SMG sounds (i.e. a garand shares the rifle .wav pool with the kar98, the thompson shares a set with the MP40....) no doubt a convenience for the designers, this configuration negates what could have been an additional level of detail/immersion. admittedly, rather small potatoes, nevertheless...

...out of curiosity, the kar98 used a "strip" of rounds as well, yes? when the bolt was pulled back following the firing of the last round, did the german weapon eject the magazine "base" with any sort of telltale sound?

...the M2 sounds promising - keep up the worthwhile work.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

Bump.<hr></blockquote>

Oh, it's just YOU. I thought it was someone important :rolleyes:

Well, you can all just hold your horses till version 2.0 comes out, this weekend at the earliest, depending on what kind of working mood I'm in after the Bears game smile.gif So everyone, root for the Bears if you want to see version 2.0 by this weekend :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Cap,

The mixes sound quite excellent. Althogh I prefer the sound of the crickets alone (it makes it feel more like night with BTS's original sound file), I know there are others that would put that file in thier game. I am however using #00005000.

Well done. smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

I thought some people might not like the sounds of a battle going on at night. Most people would probably prefer the battle sounds during the day.

The night mod reminded me of the scene in SPR when they're walking on the horizon at night and you see the flashes & arty booms in the distance.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bog:

Mausers take either hand-fed ammo or chargers, as far as I know. I don't think they eject the expended charger, though.<hr></blockquote>

Mausers were fed by a 5? round stripper clip. The mag is place over the receiver & the cartridges pushed down, and the stripper is removed.

2.0 includes a specific k98 sound, unlike the original.

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by Lindan:

you said you took sounds from SP.

copyright issues?

Since I was the one of the primary sound editors for SP:WAW, I can safely say that there has been no copyright infringement by Wacky. It would have been nice to have been asked first, as a courtesy, but of course I have been out of the loop for some time now. Very few of the sounds in SP:WAW had a copyright notice on them, and the only ones that did were the ones that I had to create myself...