Hey Fionn

I know this post doesn't belong here but I lost your email address. When are we gonna kick off our proposed battle. I believe we agreed it would start sometime in may. When ever you are ready, stop by TournamentHouse Chat or email me.....skelley1@cinci.rr.com

I think we need to know the parameters of the engagement before setting the line. When I have those in hand, I will consult with some other nefarious characters and give the official line.

WWB

Ah, skelley should defend ours colors nicely.

What we really need (no offense to either player) JasonC against Fionn, and every email, including all comments, all PBEM moves, with passwords, CC'ed to The_Capt, who will do a life reportage here on the forum for our amusement.

"Why don't you attack. The flank with your Schlumpfpanzer is wide open?"

"It can't pay off, statistically, and besides the Schlupfpanzer costs too many knockout points"

"Now I'm getting mad". SMG counterattack follows. Precise shells with lots of probablities drop on single men.

Thx Larsen and Red:)...I will do my best to defend the TH name. Fionn I watched your AAR movies...you should walk through that defense as if you were playing the AI. No offense warren:). Sorry bout going public with the Titanic Struggle we are about to embark fionn.

Skelley,

NP. FWIW though I don't understand what you are saying about walking "through" that defence. Walking "through" FJs entrenched in a town? Unless I really DO have psychokinetic powers and make all my men impervious to bullets I don't see that happening.

I, personally, thought Warren's defensive setup warranted praise and actually singled it out as being something people could learn from.

Interested to hear how you think one could walk through it? I simply don't see it.

Redwolf,

re: JasonC... As a peddler of "obscurantist nonsense" and a schizophrenic ( both according to JasonC) I can say with absolute certainty that no game between us will ever occur. He's one of about 4 or 5 people I simply won't play.

Originally posted by skelley:

Oh....by the way Dirtweasel....I have never played you unless you go by a different name at TH. So you don't know my amazing skills:)

Don't believe I've ever been over to that site. I'm not very interested in ladder play.

Umm, I haven't said I'll let anyone see this or do an AAR (ever). Skelley can do whatever he wants of course but I need to consider the negatives ( absolutely immense) and weigh them against the positives ( I see none as of now).

I just don't want people thinking I've promised something I haven't and then feeling betrayed later on.

[ May 31, 2002, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Fionn ]

Fionn,

I'm happy to sponsor a double round match in the near future (playing Axis and Allies against the same opponent on different maps) to settle THE CHAMPION once and for all. It will be at most a 4/5 man tourney, consisting of the Champions of other tournament websites [Wreck, Ghost, Swamp etc.]

If interested, let me know.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

[ May 31, 2002, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by Fionn:

Why do I get the feeling that you and Mike are gonna be coming up with some sort of top ladder knockout tourney or somesuch ;) ?

Evil, evil guys ;)

Well, if ever possible, can I call the favour in from your (understandable) withdrawal from the infamous Invitational? I'm only toying with ideas... :rolleyes:

[ May 31, 2002, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]