Extrem FOW issues

In case anyone is taking a vote or whatever.

The knowing of experience was something that bugged me from CM:BO. IMHO it should definately not be in EFOW (unless its prone to error like tank mis-identification)

Not sure what it means but I noticed that different enemy armor TC portraits had different uniform/insignia. I'm guessing its rank, and that it signifies who the plt cmdr is. I wonder how obvious who the plt cmdr was to a couple guys in a hole trying to light their molotov?

Still, best tactical game around by a huge lead.

Thanks for the demo.

Didn't experience that with EFOW, I played Zitadelle as germans (a bit to empty battlefield, no inf, but nevertheless intersting) and didn't ever know what guns i'd knocked out, however my tankers immediately recognized the two KV1's (I love the new ballistics !!!!!!!!) but i never know their experience rating. Also the AT guns are great (they are really difficult to spot now and really dangerous).

Greets

Daniel

Generally this sort of info will be displayed to players if you have a very good contact with the target. In rough ground you rarely get such data.

Note that infantry that is killed in rough or covreed ground will often become a marker now instead of a dead infantry icon, so you will need to do some recon to find out if they are indeed dead or just hiding.

Dan

Note that infantry that is killed in rough or covreed ground will often become a marker now instead of a dead infantry icon, so you will need to do some recon to find out if they are indeed dead or just hiding.

Tell me about it. I just fired for 3 turns at an AT gun thinking it was still alive. This EFOW is fantastic so far. I hardly ever knew where the fire was coming from

yep!

i just noticed that at jelena.i was wondering why they simply dropped out of sight, but after the szenario ended, i could see the floor littered with fallen groups...

btw..i was well impressen how it is possible now to tackle tanks with inf close assault weps.i just "convinced" 2 conscript t34 crews to abandon their tanks with grenade/satchels...

killer game

Caesar, hehe, wait until you try it in an urban battle...wow can they be nasty now. I lost half a platoon whilst trying to cross a road and some parkland to a HMG-42 I was sure was dead. You just never know now, not 100% smile.gif

Dizee, Ive done this with AT rifles, too. You will usually need to hit a tank with 2 or 3 rifles many times each, and it will at least need to be damaged or immobilised first, but its not impossible to encourage a crew to bail out with these little weapons smile.gif

Dan

[ September 01, 2002, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

I noticed in Tutorial that two German squads which had routed into forest, had actually been killed while doing so - but I only noticed this after the battle! Because of that lack of information, I had to keep a squad at my flank while going through the woods.

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

I noticed that earlier. I send a platoon in to investigate some markers in tall pines only to find a platoon of dead germans

AN other VERY IMPORTANT thing IMHO is the avility to see enemy tank unit rank! If you can see who is the platoon leader, you can kill him and make the rest of the platoon useless.

I noticed this in the Smolensk(41) scenario (never remember the name!), I targeted for the platoon leaders with my PAKs, that way I could make even more useless those green tankers.

Hm, from my reading many units can pretty precisly say whether the guys they are currently fighting are rookies, solid veterans or very tough. Both for infantry and for tanks.

Think about a soccer player and assume the game in question can have everybody on it from the local fat barber to Brasilian national team superstars. How long does it take you to say roughly who is who?