Combat Mission Addiction!

hhmmm ... sounds suspiciously like a poll. They should add something like that to the bb somehow smile.gif

I try to do something daily - and by "something" I mean work on a mod, play a battle, or (since I'm just starting) play a little PBEM. Alot depends what else is going on in the gaming world - when Day of Defeat 2.0 came out, I didn't play much CMBO. But I always come back to it; it's the most consistent game I play.

CMBO is also the ideal work game. ESC minimizes it rapidly, and you can walk away from it when something work related interrupts me. I usually get about half a battle in if my schedule is light, and finish it when I come home.

heh, you play at work, huh?

definite sign of a problem. . .hehehehe

when I first got CM (about a month ago) I was playing at least three times a day! then I remembered that I actually had other things that needed doing. . . .like school work. . .and eating. . .and sleeping. . .

not so much of an addiction - more of a life, sure people wonder why I wear my steel helmet to class, but who cares, then I head back to the command post (dorm room) after getting some K rations from the vending machine check the intel (CM boards) and proceed to make the world safe for democracy. So about once a day - but for the whole damn day, its minimized now - lifes more fun when you use military terms for everything.

Originally posted by HVAP:

not so much of an addiction - more of a life, sure people wonder why I wear my steel helmet to class, but who cares, then I head back to the command post (dorm room) after getting some K rations from the vending machine check the intel (CM boards) and proceed to make the world safe for democracy. So about once a day - but for the whole damn day, its minimized now - lifes more fun when you use military terms for everything.

OK this is priceless

Question: "How often do you play Combat Mission?"

Answer: "oh, about once a day FOR THE WHOLE DAMN DAY!"

now thats the ONLY way to play!

-tom w