tank : mg fire after gun damage

I noticed something similar playing the demo and was going to post. But the full game arrived the next day and I got distracted slightly...

However, I have since had gun damaged tanks that WOULD still fire mg's. So maybe both the main gun and the hull mg were damaged in our cases ?

Nope,mg was on the right-sided end of the hull,manned by the radio operator.

So it should be able to fire.

I dont think in some cases the co ax can fire,if the gun barrel is split open like a banana(possible)or if a piece of it hangs to the side it can block the mg.

If the gun damage has frozen the trunnions of the cannon, then the coax MG would be effectively impossible to aim. Any hull, AA, or rear turret MGs should still be available, provided there are personnel to operate them and ammo to feed them. But I can't say if the game accurately reflects that.

Michael

Originally posted by Echo:

I'm playing the demo. Three of my tanks have gun damage, and all three are using their bow MGs. (I know its their bows and not co-axel because the turrets are "stuck" pointing in another direction.)

A couple of assumptions here, one that your main gun has been damaged by another tank, and two that that other tank is still around and looking to finish you off!! Need I say more?? I guess I will, I for one would not stay in my tank and take on another tank with only a MG!! :eek:

Sorry, this answer was meant for the original question :D

[ October 22, 2002, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: athkatla ]

Last time (CMBO time) BFC said the coax will be assumed dead, too, but hull MGs will still work.

Of course, you can never control a hull MG with the target command. If people don't even see the hull MG fire there is maybe a bug sneaked in with CMBB and it should be formally reported.

In my opinion that is not quite a good feature. TacOps has tanks use their cox when the gun is damaged and it is interesting tactics-wise. You have to figure out ways to make good use of your new 50 ton scout car.

Just had this happen to me in a PBEM QB. Gun damaged, hull machine gun wouldn't fire. Tank was a man short, however. I'll try the n key next time this situation crops up.

Maybe a bug, or maybe another little detail BFC included. Time (or BFCer, nudge nudge, wink wink) will tell.

Originally posted by Snarker:

Just had this happen to me in a PBEM QB. Gun damaged, hull machine gun wouldn't fire. Tank was a man short, however. I'll try the n key next time this situation crops up.

Maybe a bug, or maybe another little detail BFC included. Time (or BFCer, nudge nudge, wink wink) will tell.

What's broken? The Radio/hull MG gunner has to take over someone’s post after a causalities = no one manning the hull MG.