Yeah, Mod Forum

I second that. With the curent amount of "I have the game / I don't have it " - threads, mod-related stuff might get unnoticed by moving to the higher page numbers.

Did a test yesterday with my flak truck announcement: it moved down to page two in less than 1,5 hours tongue.gif

Marcus

[ September 28, 2002, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

Wouldn't that just dilute the forums even more?

Instead of a MOD forum, how about a MOD/SCENARIO TESTING forum??

That way, the modders can tinker and test their mods on other interested people, and when the mod is finished, present it in all its glory on the main board.

howdy, well here's one more vote for the mod forum.

That's a big 10-4. I almost missed jmbunnelle's fantastic new mainscreens and cd case liner because I have better things to do than watch the forum 24 hours a day -- I have the game dammit!

lol, yes exactly.

Here's an idea: take fate into your own hands! All modders start posting their pics/info/links/etc into the scenario forum and VOILA, Madmatt will have no recourse but to bow down in shame and accept our terms!

Please allow me to get the ball rolling. Une moment!.

[ September 28, 2002, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Here's an idea: take fate into your own hands! All modders start posting their pics/info/links/etc into the scenario forum and VOILA, Madmatt will have no recourse but to bow down in shame and accept our terms!

Please allow me to get the ball rolling. Une moment!.

Good idea im with you, as fast i got something done i will post it there too smile.gif

I remeber there was allready a topic with the same subject.

greetings

Jean-Pierre

I second the idea of a Mod/Scenario forum. Being the Busy Student that I am, I'm expecting a lot of fine mods will pass me by for there isn't any one, single place where it would be easy to track the newest mods.

You could, kind of swap the CMBO forum for the MOD-one...

*takes cover in fear of CMBO-purists, I know they are lurking here somewhere*

One of my little Dreams is being able to post a Topic about 'Lighten vs Color Dodge' or some other ModGrog subject & have it stick around long enough that some useful discussion might ensue. Right now the more practical 'what .BMP #' type Threads are fighting for their life within an hour or two. A seperate Mod Forum would probably be best partly because it would be slower & more relaxed, & people who are Modders but not neccesarily big Posters wouldn't feel as much like any Thread they didn't catch in the first 10 minutes is already dead.

Strt

I wouldn't be opposed to a mod forum. I just don't think it's a good or handy place to actually host them. What we need is a couple of websites devoted to that. The mod 'forum' should actually be what it says it is: a place where modders discuss mods, not host them.

Just my first opinion. I'm open to suggestions, as anyone here is.

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

I'm more & more convinced this would be A Really Good Idea. I know the BXX crew is even busier than they thought they'd be right now, I just thought I'd keep the idea out there.

Strt

good idea...