Announcing The STALINGRAD Scenario Pack - Coming Soon...

Great idea!

Thanks to all involved.

Can't wait to get a taste of how the battle evolved over time.

A few questions:

1) Are the battles made for good gameplay, or is historical accuracy the main target? (i hope the second)

2) Will there also be Operation "Donnerschlag" included (the planned breakout of the Kessel)?

3) Will the Entsatzversuch (sorry, my dictionary gave me no vocabulary for this; it means friendly military forces are coming to help weakened forces out) of 6th Pz Division (General Hoth) be included?

Originally posted by Schoerner:

Great idea!

Thanks to all involved.

Can't wait to get a taste of how the battle evolved over time.

A few questions:

1) Are the battles made for good gameplay, or is historical accuracy the main target? (i hope the second)

A mix of both. Without going into excessive detail, I can say that we're attempting to portray a variety of engagements that fit within the conflict, and I think that all the main components of the campaign (loosely speaking) will be covered in one way or another in the pack.

There will be historical (as best as possible, in any event) scenarios as well as fictional scenarios designed to portray certain types of historically appropriate engagements in the time period. They will include battles on the steppe on the approaches to Stalingrad in Summer 1942, fighting in the city, the encirclement battles, and fighting both inside and outside of the pocket in the winter of 1942-43. They will come in all sizes, and several are designed for play vs the AI. At present scenarios are planned that include every month from July 1942 to January 1943.

I won't go into too much more detail than that at the moment; the actual scenario list will be released a week before the pack, and I don't want to promise anything we can't deliver quite yet. smile.gif

Suffice to say, as you yourself noted, that the battles and operations in the pack are intended to give a feeling of how the battle evolved over time.

Scott

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

Who is this German boy, and who does he rule?

He's a kraut in london trying to do at the beginning of the new century what fat Hermann couldn't do in the middle of the last century. I think that sums it up nicely</font>

Originally posted by Andreas:

Bah - London is not much more fun than Stalingrad... The winter rain just started. I look forward to a bit of sun, in about May...
At least there are no T-34s rolling thru the streets of Kensington.

Look forward to the scenarios.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Originally posted by Andreas: </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Bah - London is not much more fun than Stalingrad... The winter rain just started. I look forward to a bit of sun, in about May...

At least there are no T-34s rolling thru the streets of Kensington.</font>