Announcing The STALINGRAD Scenario Pack - Coming Soon...

Coming soon to a website near you...

The STALINGRAD PACK is a collaboration between the Der Kessel and the Boots & Tracks scenario design teams. Set for release on 19 November 2002, this project will consist of approximately two dozen scenarios based on engagements in the Stalingrad campaign, from July 1942 to January 1943.

Featuring scenarios from the following designers:

Berli

CapitalistDogInChina

Clubfoot

Franko

Germanboy

Grisha

Jwxspoon

Kinch

Kingfish

Rune

Scott B.

Stix

WWB

Playtesting will be done by the hard working playtesters on both design teams.

The intent of this release is to commemorate the battle itself. Therefore, along with the scenarios (and a Stalingrad main screen mod as well), there will be a document that places each within the context of the campaign as a whole. The pack will be released on November 19, 2002, the 60th anniversary of the start of the Soviet counteroffensive, Operation Uranus. Today (October 14th) was picked to announce the scenario pack as it is the 60th anniversary of 6th Army's third major assault on the city.

Naturally, I couldn't just sign off here without a few screenshots:

void.jpg

Panzer IIs move out across the steppe in Wyatt Barnett's "Into the Void."

stab.jpg

The not-so-quiet streets of Stalingrad in November, in Sergio "Kingfish" Castillo's "One Final Stab."

mysh.jpg

German tanks loom out of the fog in Berli's "Tovarishch Mysh."

The Stalingrad Scenario Pack will be available at both Boots & Tracks and Der Kessel webpages, again, on November 19th.

Scott

(Edit: Sorry Jeff)

[ October 14, 2002, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Scott B ]

"i sent in all of my boys. but they had tank mods, uniform mods, sound mods, effects mods, and scenarios. what did i have!?" "how about your sacred duty to resist!? i have to report to the boss. perhaps you will save me the red tape?" a gun shot is heard from behind the door. the door opens and the general comes out holding a pistol while kruschev lies in a pool of blood on the floor. "sacred duty to resist hell, i want the mods and scenarios you commie bastard!"

anyway, looking forward to stalingrad comrads! thanks to all the designers in advance!!

Just a quick question...are there any CMBB scenarios on Der Kessel? All I can find are scenarios for CMBO? Am I not looking in the right spot? Also will the Stalingrad Pack be a total Mod or just scenarios? And if it uses Mods..is there a version of the Mac Combat Mission Mod manager for CMBB anywhere? Thanks much, the scenario pack looks great... :D

Originally posted by grunt_GI:

Just a quick question...are there any CMBB scenarios on Der Kessel?

Not yet. Mensch is working on a site redesign, and all our efforts are directed at either the Stalingrad Project (no longer super secret) and our [censored because it still is super secret] project